Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:01:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anthology of the Killer

Started by fucking ponderous, July 24, 2023, 01:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fucking ponderous

https://thecatamites.itch.io/anthology-of-the-killer

Thinking people here will like this. Ongoing series of free cartoon comedy horror adventures by Irish indie developer thecatamites (of Space Funeral fame). You play BB, a true crime zine writer of indeterminate species who lives in a city where murders happen by the hour. In every episode BB investigates some bizarre local happening, and almost constantly finds herself in danger of her life. Through the series a conspiracy involving the titular Killer, a seemingly otherworldly murderer, begins to emerge...

The games are less "games" with actual challenges and more walk-through adventures, where you wander about bizarre labyrinthine apartment buildings, leisure centres, resorts etc, and a story unfolds around you. Every game is beautifully illustrated (the characters are 2D in a 3D world, à la Parappa the Rapper) and the writing is actually great and funny, not just "for a video game" good. Each game can be finished in about an hour, there's 8 of them and I think at least one more coming soon. I love them and am looking forward to playing them all again.

Play them.