Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:36:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Neon White [split topic]

Started by C_Larence, July 16, 2023, 04:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_Larence

All in on Neon White now, probably my favourite game of the year. The story and dialogue is terrible but so easily ignored  that it isn't an issue.

My final time on most missions has ranged from 500 to 3000th, but yesterday I managed to get 27th in the world (or at least on PS5, not sure if the leaderboards are cross platform) with this run:

For reference, the record is 3 whole seconds faster, this is a video of that:

oggyraiding

I got about halfway through Neon White. Reached a point where I just didn't have the reaction speed or patience to do the same stuff over and over to get that Ace rating. And I couldn't bring myself to move on without getting an Ace. It's a really good game, I even liked the story, I am just not skilled enough. Would like to see a more traditional FPS with Neon White's mobility and momentum.

Pink Gregory

right, is she called Aeris or Aerith and why do english speaking people use both?

C_Larence

Quote from: Pink Gregory on July 17, 2023, 04:43:06 PMright, is she called Aeris or Aerith and why do english speaking people use both?

From what I understand, her original Japanese name is エアリス which is pronounced Earisu, however the japanese don't have a way to convey "th" sounds so "su" can sometimes double for it. The name was supposed to sound like "Earth" so "Aerith" would be the more appropriate translation, but the original localisation team for FF7 translated it phonetically instead, leading to Aeris. It took until Kingdom Hearts in 2002 for Aerith to become her official Western name

Mister Six

dontpaintyourteeth

She'll always be Aeris to me! Similarly, you will prise "this guy are sick" out of my cold dead hands

ros vulgaris

I'm trying Survival Mode on Skyrim. I'm enjoying the added jeopardy of having to source ample salt or flour whilst being chased by crazed ancient zombies, but sorting out the constant freezing/warm dichotomy whilst trying to snipe out hagravens is getting a bit tedious.

C_Larence

Finished Neon White and decided I'm not even going to attempt White's Hell Rush (a  post game run through every level with 3 shared lives and dying starts you again from the beginning...no thanks), but I got respectable times on Red, Yellow and Violet's. I got the 8th fastest time on one level which is as good as I could hope for.

Now playing Lego Marvel Superheroes, which I remember trying the demo of in 2013 on the PS3. The dialogue is execrable and I have to remind myself the game is made for 5 year olds, but then I keep getting stuck and having to look up what to do online, so maybe I'm dumber than a child.

Pink Gregory

Thing with Lego Marvel is that the levels are disappointingly linear compared to other Lego games - usually they're full of fun little secrets and worth replaying for the minikits, not so here - but the open world city is ace.

C_Larence

I've had some experience with the lego games, having played the original Lego Star Wars and (apparently, according to my trophy list though I have no memory of it) Lego Batman 2. I was sure I'd played Lego Harry Potter too but it's not on my trophy list so maybe it was the 3DS version or something. Either way, I'd already bought Marvel Superheroes 2, and last night nabbed Lego Batman 3 and Lego City Undercover for a tenner in the PSN Summer Sale. Lego Hobbit is £3 too but I'm not interested in that.

oggyraiding

I got LA Noire.

The Xbox One/Series port has a weird issue where the main character's voice is really reverby and echoey. No other sounds or voices are like that, just Cole.

Reached a stumbling block during my first interrogation. I genuinely don't know if it's my autism, or a failure of the game, but I could not for the life of me work out what the fuck her facial expressions were meant to convey. When I had a choice of what to say (bad cop, good cop, or present evidence) I picked 'good cop'. I then got aggressive with her and called her a liar, and she refused to speak to me further. I thought 'good cop' would be calm and understanding, not berating her in an accusatory way.

Anyway I uninstalled it at that point.