Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:16:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Nintendo console in 2024 QUESTION MARK

Started by Kelvin, July 31, 2023, 07:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Quote from: bgmnts on August 01, 2023, 06:28:56 PMIf you emulate on pc then no reason beyond sentiment.

or old saves, online play or simply preferring the game feel.

bgmnts

Of course, my original xbox only fully broke down 18 months ago so I played it on and off for over 20 years.

I just assume most people prefer 5he ease of playing on PC (I prefer console myself).

I don't think online play is available on the original xbox anymore.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: bgmnts on August 01, 2023, 07:18:51 PMI don't think online play is available on the original xbox anymore.

There are actually some enthusiast servers for certain games, Star Wars Battlefront 2 that I know of.

Obvs. you need to have a modded console but it's being played on the console.

madhair60

yeah, you can do it still with fan servers, still decently populated too!

Memorex MP3

can also just play online on Xemu.

I'd find someone ditching their 3DS a bit mental, the way the prices of the New 3DS XL started going up the second the console died suggests very few have. The DSi XL arguably makes sense too, the upscaling on 3DS is quite crappy.
The Wii is so small, so easily modded and has such a distinct control setup (which can be a chore to pair on Dolphin) that I'd see little motive to get rid of it. Beyond those two I think it makes plenty of sense to just ditch whatever to save some space.
N64 could be ditched but you'd need to buy an equivalent controller just to play half the games on an emulator.

In a lot of respects it arguably makes more sense to keep an old as fuck PC than any major console, it's an absolute fucking nightmare getting some 90s PC games to run now and things like PCem that can do it are crazily resource intensive.

buntyman

I bought a 3DS about a year ago and it's excellent. Way better for travelling than the Switch and you can load hundred of games onto it with ease. I've just been playing through the original Ghost Trick and can't imagine it being better on any other system, love a bit of stylus action.

I sold my original NES, SNES and N64 and find the switch and the mini versions (with the re-released wireless controllers) are generally better. Don't think I'd sell my Wii U due to its Wii compatibility and the unique controller. I hope it's easy to transfer the games library when the Switch successor comes out but I doubt it will be as I've bought games one about 4 different accounts to benefit from cheaper prices in different regions.   

Memorex MP3

DSi XL would be slightly better for Ghost Trick.

I'm keeping my Wii U in the deluded sense that I will wind up playing Nintendoland with a group of people at some point and that I'll at least turn on Star Fox Zero.
Feel like there's a reasonable chance the Switch successor will wind up having some kind of TV/gamepad functionality that results in those being ported over in some form tbh. That and analogue triggers are really all I can think of beyond more power.