Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:09:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fuser: DJ game thing, get it for nowt

Started by Rev+, July 31, 2023, 11:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev+

Never played DJ Hero or that kind of stuff, but having had a go of this it's quite a bit of fun.  Just a rhythm game - four turntables, you can drop the vocals from one record on one, the keyboards from another on another, you get the idea.

Thing is, it came out in 2020 but due to business shenanigans the multiplayer servers were shut down, and it's now no longer available for sale.  Single player still works though, so here it is - above board - for no pounds:

https://archive.org/details/fuser-all-dlc-diamond-saves-egs-v-1.4.2

pierre boo-lez

I have Fuser on the Xbox and did wonder what had happened to it when I wanted to buy it for the Steam Deck. I figured some licensing nonsense.

It's great fun, you can create some absolute monstrosities of songs for fun/profit/torturing anyone with ears.

Memorex MP3

The card game it was largely repurposed from is a bit thin as a game but I've brought it out a couple of times in gatherings and everyone tends to find it a ton of fun. Worth buying one off ebay for like a fiver with the 60 starter cards if you can sideload the app and data, absolutely not worth buying the insanely expensive extra decks.

Fuser's controls are just slightly too complicated for me to get anyone else playing it but people have seemingly enjoyed watching me play it; occupies a very awkward middle ground between fun toy and just straight up getting to grips with Ableton. I've seen some people configure Stream Decks (not steam decks) to work with it though and that looks like a bunch of fun.

Last ever game by Harmonix btw

oustropique

This is a fantastic game. I only ever use it to make mashups but I've had such fun with it, without any aptitude for music, that when it was getting delisted I bought all of the songs that I had wanted up to that point.

Thanks for posting this - it'll be nice to play with everything. Hopefully the 'diamond saves' include the extra hidden songs that I always saw people playing with but never figured out how to get. I figured it was a timed limited event thing.

Memorex MP3

What's the easiest way to gather up in game money to buy all the tracks?

pierre boo-lez

If you've downloaded the game from the link in the op you can use one of the save files provided and you'll have everything

Memorex MP3

ah yeah sorry I wasn't fully clear, I want it for the Switch. I seem to mainly play it at other people's houses rather than on my computer.