Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:46:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Street Fighter VI

Started by Swoz_MK, February 21, 2022, 10:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Crumb

Dudley's gentlemanly boxing is presumably a nod to Queensbury rules, the British standards which more or less define modern boxing so I reckon he counts as using a British style.

You could have a rugby type tackles and grappling guy, a Guile alike but in the royal navy and throwing wa'er blasts a Queen's guard who stays stock still until it's time for a devastating counter. Taking cues from Manon, a morris dancer. There's a distinctly British style of pro wrestling from the 70s and 80s but it would be shit for Street Fighter. So in summary, no more British fighters please.

oggyraiding

I read somewhere that Dudley was inspired by Chris Eubank, not sure if that's true, but they are both black dandy boxers.

samadriel

I want an Aussie thug character based on the late Chopper Read. It's overdue!

Kankurette

Quote from: samadriel on August 03, 2023, 07:37:11 AMI want an Aussie thug character based on the late Chopper Read. It's overdue!
Mortal Kombat has Kano. Actually, I'm surprised Street Fighter hasn't got an Aussie yet.

Spiteface

In my day Kano was Japanese-American.

Then the movie happened.

Urinal Cake

oggyraiding

Tekken has Aussie dickhead bruiser ex-con Craig Marduk, and Virtua Fighter has Aboriginal Australian Jeffry McWild. I think the only Aboriginal Australian character I can think of any video game. Don't know much about Jeffry's personality, I just pick him because he is one of the less boring VF characters.

Rodan

EVO was great, unsurprisingly. No spoilers. Top 6 was superb. Several very very good matches. Really pleased with the winner.

oggyraiding

A.K.I. looks sick, based on a non-combat teaser trailer. When I saw her design when they all leaked last year I had no interest, but this video makes her look very cool.

Swoz_MK

She looks a bit like Rhodes Boyson

I stayed up for SF6 finals, fell asleep during first match in losers.

Rodan

Quote from: Swoz_MK on August 07, 2023, 06:58:21 PMShe looks a bit like Rhodes Boyson

Absolute fucking genius.

Spiteface

A.K.I. seems like an attempt to do a poison-based character, but cooler than F.A.N.G. from the last one.

I think they succeeded on that front.

The DLC character I'm waiting for of the bunch is Akuma, though. The Drive Impact mechanic would actually make it easier to land a Raging Demon as a finisher if a player so wished. And there is NOTHING as satisfying as doing that in Street Fighter.

The Crumb

Nah, new sweetest nectar of SF is finishing some Ken dickhead with Lily's daft critical art and it freezing on her making this face.

Kelvin

Love watching this game. Art style/animations in the fights looks amazing.

Feels like its been a good year for older series getting critically acclaimed and massively popular new entries. This, Zelda, Final Fantasy. It's exciting being in the middle of such a standout year for games of every scale.