Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:08:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Documental (Japanese Comedy Show)

Started by fit bird, October 11, 2021, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

I take back everything I said about annoying screaming guy. He introduced the world to Intense Pop Corn Talk and I will forever be thankful.

ProvanFan

Swoz_MK

God I hope we get to see the other games he has. The one about sniffing Dad's farts especially.

Minami Minegishi

Sometimes the most irritating players end up actually delivering the goods (Hollywood Zakoshisyoh) and Sunshine Ikezaki is a decent example. Some people are a little down on this season, and put this down to the shorter runtime, and the fact that the participants seem less inclined to laugh because of the tension of the extra money. I think there are some fantastic moments!

For those that care, season 10 has already been subtitled. It is a 'champion of champions' with 6 participants - which gives you a decent idea of who is participating (Cookie, Yurian, Zakoshisyoh, etc). The Subtitler is withholding uploads until Thanos is finished with season 9 in four weeks time, which to me is quite frustrating (I know who wins season 9) but fair enough. I will post up the link when it comes through.

It's good that subtitlers work together and there is comradery and sharing of tech/info, but I am pretty hungry for more Cookie!

Ja'moke

Minami, you're back! Glad to see you here.

That's a shame that the Champions only has 6 competitors. Is a shortened season?

amateur

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on July 06, 2022, 12:52:01 PMSometimes the most irritating players end up actually delivering the goods (Hollywood Zakoshisyoh) and Sunshine Ikezaki is a decent example. Some people are a little down on this season, and put this down to the shorter runtime, and the fact that the participants seem less inclined to laugh because of the tension of the extra money. I think there are some fantastic moments!

I thought the second episode was great, had a bit of everything.

I still think
Spoiler alert
Junior is shit though, just a bummer and to date hasn't done anything funny.
[close]

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 06, 2022, 03:18:39 PMMinami, you're back! Glad to see you here.

It's like that bit at the beginning of each season with the door reveal!

Swoz_MK

Quote from: amateur on July 06, 2022, 03:36:41 PMI still think
Spoiler alert
Junior is shit though, just a bummer and to date hasn't done anything funny.
[close]

He's become a favourite of mine on repeat viewings. Never really an attacker, but like Jimmy I just love having him around.

Ja'moke

I forgot to ask, is Season 10 (Champions) the final season of Documental? Or is there going to be more?

boinks

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on July 05, 2022, 12:45:17 PMThe Tag Batsu is probably a good place to start: https://chikichiki.tube/gakinotsukai/video/505-1-en/

The No-laughing Batsus are slightly different (being as they are focused on not laughing) but this is the origin show for them.

Yes the 24-hour tag batsu is crazy! I have real soft spots for the Yugawara and Hospital ones too.

I think other 'ways in' for friends of mine have been Food Marathon, Kiki or Absolutely Tasty episodes if they like watching five men eat food and either get punished or go mad, or Silent Library if they prefer to skip right to the punishments! Chikichikitube has links to collections of those at the top here.

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 06, 2022, 03:18:39 PMMinami, you're back! Glad to see you here.

That's a shame that the Champions only has 6 competitors. Is a shortened season?

Thank you! It's really to do with the fact that there have been players who have won it more than once - I don't think there is a winner who is not playing unless I got that wrong. I have seen parts of it and it does not look like it suffers at all from less players at all. Also, it is five episodes so plenty of footage.

Also, for everyone, some good news on that season, just announced today by Subtitler RAIDEN1017:

RAIDEN's subs have probably already been on things you have seen. He puts in tons of effort, including shitloads of on-screen context text that is so useful. As far as I know he does not have a Patreon so just a cool guy doing good things for no reason other than love and joy.

Ja'moke

Oh that's great news. Does he post the links on reddit?

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 10, 2022, 12:18:18 AMOh that's great news. Does he post the links on reddit?

Yes, on the Gaki sub, but I think I get an email notification before that. So I will post here just to be sure.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on July 10, 2022, 11:07:21 AMYes, on the Gaki sub, but I think I get an email notification before that. So I will post here just to be sure.

Perfect.

And is Documental Champions the final season? Or will there be more to come?

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 10, 2022, 01:42:21 PMPerfect.

And is Documental Champions the final season? Or will there be more to come?

It's quite hard to get an update on this, but from what I can tell there will be another Documental in the Autumn, or at least they have it pencilled in for Winter schedule. However, I have asked around and nobody knows if a record has been planned, been cast, or happened in any way. But they do tend to keep arrangements quite secretive. Whilst, on the other hand, they also heavily pre-publicise the airing as soon as recording is done.

There are the same confusions around the New Year No-Laughing Batsus which are ostensibly on hold (due in part to really bad audience figures for last year's episode).

Video Game Fan 2000

Jesus Christ we nearly tapped out of DoD2 because of three of the most repulsive things I've ever seen

Spoiler alert
Cookie drinking sock sweat
Lube icy lollies aftermath
Sucking the tongue scraper
[close]

but it ended up being one of the funniest, especially the last episode.

I loved Akiyama denying he was a soldier and then shouting

Spoiler alert
don't put cheese on your shoulders, private
[close]

at Jimmy

amateur

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on July 11, 2022, 01:56:32 AMat Jimmy

He's the perfect foil for almost any joke. That baffled face of his.

Can't remember the series but the time he eats something insane and then keeps saying "soda water, need soda water, yes soda water will be good" and then it repeatedly comes out of his nose - not sure I've ever laughed harder at anything.

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: boinks on July 07, 2022, 06:31:26 AMYes the 24-hour tag batsu is crazy! I have real soft spots for the Yugawara and Hospital ones too.

I think other 'ways in' for friends of mine have been Food Marathon, Kiki or Absolutely Tasty episodes if they like watching five men eat food and either get punished or go mad, or Silent Library if they prefer to skip right to the punishments! Chikichikitube has links to collections of those at the top here.

Very good point and I agree about the choices there, although The Silent Library seems to be the most popular with Western audiences, probably because its the best example of something the Impractical Jokers openly nicked. They have been handsy with some other Batsu games, but that's the most explicit example.

boinks

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on July 11, 2022, 01:11:23 PMThe Silent Library seems to be the most popular with Western audiences, probably because its the best example of something the Impractical Jokers openly nicked.

So true! It's not my favourite thing of theirs, personally, but still fun to watch.

Minami Minegishi

Quick update. It turns out RAIDEN does indeed have a Patreon. He releases his videos w/ subs across all platforms at the same time so he doesn't hold off to benefit his patrons.

So, this is his first time using Patreon and they have embargoed the S10E01 video while they check it. This is not something I thought happened, and nor did RAIDEN. But he can't post out the video URL publicly until his Patrons have it (that would be bad form) so he is waiting. Hopefully it will get linked today!

Jerzy Bondov

I didn't like Joshimental 2 as much as the first one but it was still great. Respect to Uika for coming up with something revolting enough to fit in on a normal Documental. Her 'trying not to laugh' face is possibly the best in the whole show. Hamaguchi was brilliant this time, she brings such a weird awkward energy. Good stuff.

Big Fujimon energy

Video Game Fan 2000

yeah

Spoiler alert
tiny vibrating matsumoto sliding across the table covered in artificial fanny batter
[close]

was for the ages.

also extremely surreal and absurd that there was a

Spoiler alert
mr bean impression
[close]

it was great but i dont think it could compare to the ending of Joshimental 1 even if Uika was getting intense with the game at the end.

Video Game Fan 2000

has this been posted yet. anyone know if the song/singer character or the bit in Documental came first? "Song of Order" is one of the things ive laughed hardest at

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on July 22, 2022, 11:20:32 AM

has this been posted yet. anyone know if the song/singer character or the bit in Documental came first? "Song of Order" is one of the things ive laughed hardest at

Thank you! I've never seen this before! I would like to know this too. It's difficult to work out if he brought that bit into the house, or he just did it for Documemtal and it became popular. It is in my top three favourite moments.

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on July 22, 2022, 11:17:07 AMyeah

Spoiler alert
it was great but i dont think it could compare to the ending of Joshimental 1 even if Uika was getting intense with the game at the end.
[close]
It does seem unfair to compare as J1 was way better than it should have been, or needed to be.

Minami Minegishi

Documental Season 10, Episode 1

I will link to RAIDEN's Reddit post as it also contains other info about his subs, and a way to tip him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GakiNoTsukai/comments/w5vjyb/eng_sub_documental_s10_ep1_the_resolve_of_the/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Warning: this is the Champion of Champions season and therefore reveals the winner of season 9, currently being subbed by Thanos'

ENJOY.

Minami Minegishi

For interested parties: Season 9 Episode 3 is available

Swoz_MK

I need to rewatch three, fell asleep almost as soon as it started. Did catch the eyes and beard which had me howling. Then woke up when
Spoiler alert
Yuriyan
[close]
cackled. Will stick it on again tonight.
SO tempting to start 10 but will wait til the end of 9, which must be the next release as there's only 1hr left!

Minami Minegishi

It
Quote from: Swoz_MK on July 27, 2022, 09:00:00 AMI need to rewatch three, fell asleep almost as soon as it started. Did catch the eyes and beard which had me howling. Then woke up when
Spoiler alert
Yuriyan
[close]
cackled. Will stick it on again tonight.
SO tempting to start 10 but will wait til the end of 9, which must be the next release as there's only 1hr left!

From what I can see there are five episodes in season 9. Thanos runs on a fortnightly release, so it will be another 4-weeks before the final episode. If you can wait that long to watch season 10 you are a stronger person than I!

amateur

I'm going to wait! I love these dropping into my inbox all unexpected like.

Beats literally any other TV at the moment so I'm happy to wait for it.

In between I just think about Jimmy's face.

Swoz_MK

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on July 27, 2022, 09:31:03 AMIt
From what I can see there are five episodes in season 9. Thanos runs on a fortnightly release, so it will be another 4-weeks before the final episode. If you can wait that long to watch season 10 you are a stronger person than I!

What's Raiden's schedule like usually? Could tie in well with the end of 9!