Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:42:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Joker: Folie à Deux

Started by SteveDave, June 08, 2022, 09:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Mister Six on June 23, 2022, 02:01:53 PMPresumably it'll be ripping off Natural Born Killers instead of King of Comedy and Taxi Driver.

Oh, right. Yeah, like all the things he got up to before batman turned up. Yeah, that could be fun.

Povidone

Quote from: Mister Six on June 23, 2022, 01:57:59 PMWhat Povidone said, although I liked Shazam.

I enjoyed Shazam as well because it was a genuine attempt to make an entertaining film and not a sop to make money off pretentious wankers.

Aquaman was enjoyable fun. That Flashpoint movie might end up being an entertaining car crash too. Just fuck this whole re skinning good films to comic characters to keep manchildren on board.

Mister Six

Aquaman ought to have been fun, but for some reason they tried to squeeze a season's worth of backstory and intrigue into two-and-a-bit hours. Every other scene is a flashback or exposition. I liked the 40 minutes or so that it turned into a superpowered Romancing the Stone, though.

Povidone

Yeah that was probably the most narratively enjoyable bit. It was the daft stuff that got me, the giant battle of mounted sharks and crabs is exactly the sort of thing modern CGI sludge should be used for, in fact I really liked all the over the top colourful designs like the armour the guards would wear and the cities and everything.

Not a great film by any means but I find it strange that nobody appreciates the visual design, might not be to everybody's taste but it is definitely unique among these kind if things.

Maybe I just like tacky baubles.

EDIT: William Defoe looked RIDICULOUS, even more so than normal. Another point in its favour.

Goldentony

the underwater stuff in Aquaman was amazing, I think I said this a week ago here. If they'd kept is as a camp underwater Blake's 7 with the exorcism loser in his funny costume being played deadly fucking serious instead of the shite either side of all that it'd be much better.

phantom_power

The descriptions of all the mad shit in Aquaman make it sound loads of fun but for some reason I found watching it incredibly boring

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Mister Six on June 23, 2022, 02:01:53 PMPresumably it'll be ripping off Natural Born Killers instead of King of Comedy and Taxi Driver. I quite enjoy crime spree movies, so I wouldn't be opposed to this if I didn't think both NBK and (more importantly) Joker were shit.
The Joker and Harley Quinn going on a crime spree should be fun (although now they've figured out how to make a decent Suicide Squad movie, how necessary is that?). But I can't help thinking based on the original, Joker 2 is going to be an hour of Phoenix and Gaga living a shitty life in a run-down apartment bickering a lot, possibly with a small baby, and Gaga doing her best "ugly" acting, before in the last 15 minutes they decide to become supervillains.

Mister Six

Quote from: phantom_power on June 24, 2022, 09:54:04 AMThe descriptions of all the mad shit in Aquaman make it sound loads of fun but for some reason I found watching it incredibly boring

Because it's incredibly boring. And all the mad stuff is really only at the end in a big smeary CGI mess anyway.

Goldentony

i;ve been lying to everyone for a laugh, got me

Glebe

Goldentony

make Lady Gaga into the Joker instead of Joe Quinn IMO

Replies From View

Do you see - "Joe Quinn" like "joking"

madhair60

hope we see joker having fuck

The Mollusk

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on June 14, 2022, 12:14:01 PMJoker 2: I started a joker that started the whole world DYING!

What song can they play when he's doing his strut kicks down the ritta sports staircase this time?
How can they top paedo rock and give the incels a little transgressive shiver?

Fat shaming, cod jamaican accent. I reckon this is the one.

Quote from: non capisco on June 14, 2022, 01:21:05 PMLIP UP BATTY to get a homophobic slur in and if challenged the Joker can do a Jimmy Carr shrug and claim he was singing it about Batman.

Weirdly I made the Lip Up Batty joke in the That's All I Got thread the other day having not seen this thread. Probably worth repeating the other bit of the joke I came up with:

"Ya wanna know how I got into ska?"

Custard

I reckon it'll be a "musical" in the sense of The Jokester dancing about a bit again and maybe having a karaoke duet with Gaga in one scene. Maybe when he converts her and they smash out of Arkham Asylum, which is where most of the film is meant to be happening

I imagine the film will be a far darker version of Paul Dini's Mad Love origin story for Harley. Lots of long chats in Joker's cell, him eventually getting her onside then them killing loads of guards and breaking out etc. Could be really good, thinking about it. And still no Bats needed

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 08, 2022, 06:50:13 AM"Ya wanna know how I got into ska?"

Quote from: Custard on August 08, 2022, 12:26:30 PMI reckon it'll be a "musical" in the sense of The Jokester dancing about a bit again and maybe having a karaoke duet with Gaga in one scene.

Ooooh, you might be right. Maybe that's how they'll meet.
He's up doing this

but with more uncontrollable manic laughter between the lines, and she gets up and joins him.
Hope Gaga does a daft italian accent again.
Wow, that video's got everything, the divine david, shrek, tim out of the office.

Yeah, it could be good. I did enjoy the first one.

PlanktonSideburns

LOVE the idea of a batman world themed joker musicsl

HATE the idea of the tedious rimlord Todd Phillips getting a punt at it

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on August 08, 2022, 01:59:44 PM

Ooooh, you might be right. Maybe that's how they'll meet.
He's up doing this

but with more uncontrollable manic laughter between the lines, and she gets up and joins him.
Hope Gaga does a daft italian accent again.
Wow, that video's got everything, the divine david, shrek, tim out of the office.

Yeah, it could be good. I did enjoy the first one.

They should do the film 100% Bee Gees songs. A Batman musical written by the Bee Gees does face certain practical difficulties, but I'm sure something could be done.

Famous Mortimer

"You Win Again (Batman)"

"Baturday Night Fever"

"More Than A Woman" (when he sees Catwoman doing something dead good)

"How Deep Is Your Spike-Pit"

Mister Six

"Stayin' Alive (Because Batman Doesn't Kill)"

Oh god, they actually have a single called "I Started A Joke".

Oh yeah, I think faith no more covered that one.
You dizzy sod!