Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:29:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Marvel phases 4, 5, and 6, 2022-2025

Started by samadriel, July 24, 2022, 06:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

madhair60

Me in 2013, for what it's worth...

Quote from: madhair60 on April 30, 2013, 11:47:27 AMNot me, I love Marvel. I hope it never ends, ever.

Used to love this shit.

QDRPHNC

I would just like to say here that Lord Mandrake and I are of a similar CaB vintage and I have considered him a top poster for many years, so I wish him no hard feelings. It's never nice to have a thread about something you care about dominated with criticism.

beanheadmcginty

I swear I read somewhere years ago that they genuinely were working on a Bananaman film.

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: QDRPHNC on August 11, 2022, 01:01:47 AMI would just like to say here that Lord Mandrake and I are of a similar CaB vintage and I have considered him a top poster for many years, so I wish him no hard feelings. It's never nice to have a thread about something you care about dominated with criticism.

I sincerely appreciate that and think likewise of yourself and MisterSix. I unfortunately have a combative personality and the cretinous posts by crenners/chedney whatever tbc is going by this week etc... and Madhair put my back up to the point where I find myself defending, well the indefensible, certainly re; working practices.

On the positive side, which there is! Marvel have just cast two lbgtq actors in major roles for the Iron heart series and I think the diversity at all levels of the company and giving young directors (without vfx experience) is still a good thing.

Whomever called me a tory can fucking do one..

Replies From View

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: Crenners on August 10, 2022, 08:55:08 PMI started doing a hilarious piss take but re-read the guy's posts and he's beyond pastiche. I can't take the piss any harder than he owned himself.

Go for it pal. I mean, you've clearly got a lot of time on your hands and no cunt wants to discuss Godzilla with you for the umpteenth time.

Crenners

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on August 11, 2022, 01:23:48 PMGo for it pal. I mean, you've clearly got a lot of time on your hands and no cunt wants to discuss Godzilla with you for the umpteenth time.

I'm really sorry mate. From reading your post above, I feel like there's a massive disconnect between my intention and how my infrequent posts about Marvel and Marvel fans have come across. I thought we were all having a laugh here, same as I don't mind people taking the piss out of what I like, but clearly it's not the case. I didn't realise you were genuinely pissed off so I can only apologise and think twice in future.

Replies From View

Get we get back to ripping Marvel a fourth, fifth and sixth arsehole please.

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: Crenners on August 11, 2022, 01:43:36 PMI'm really sorry mate. From reading your post above, I feel like there's a massive disconnect between my intention and how my infrequent posts about Marvel and Marvel fans have come across. I thought we were all having a laugh here, same as I don't mind people taking the piss out of what I like, but clearly it's not the case. I didn't realise you were genuinely pissed off so I can only apologise and think twice in future.

Whether you're being insincere or on the wind-up again with this, I can't tell. FWIW I don't really take it that seriously but the films are something I've shared with loved ones and, call it pathetic but there's an emotional connection there.

Crenners

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on August 11, 2022, 02:59:38 PMWhether you're being insincere or on the wind-up again with this, I can't tell. FWIW I don't really take it that seriously but the films are something I've shared with loved ones and, call it pathetic but there's an emotional connection there.

There's nothing pathetic about that, it's extremely important to have those things to share with people you care about, whether Marvel or Gamera. 👍

Replies From View

Can we all agree that football is shite at least

bgmnts

To be fair I am almost on the verge of tears at how much joy a stupid film like Commando brings me, and I share that with nobody. Nobody has any right to judge someone for being emotionally connected to films.

But yes football is shite.

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: Crenners on August 11, 2022, 03:02:16 PMThere's nothing pathetic about that, it's extremely important to have those things to share with people you care about, whether Marvel or Gamera. 👍

You know your stuff when it comes to films and culture way more than most and I respect that. I know I'm a bit of a cunt even trying to defend Disney when the argument pivots away from the films and onto business practices. I am an argumentative bastard.

Replies From View

Quote from: bgmnts on August 11, 2022, 03:09:57 PMBut yes football is shite.

Awesome, I feel like we are all friends again 😌

Mister Six

QuoteWhomever called me a tory can fucking do one..

Sorry, that was going a bit far. Like I said, I've had friends who've been crushed by those kinds of working conditions, so the idea that they should shut up and be grateful grinds my gears.

Goldentony

I saw Thor last night and the jokes were fucking shite. Why did they make the film about 45 minutes longer to include jokes and Van Damme memes from 10 years ago? if you got rid of the fucking awful humour and cut Taika Waititi's character dwn to about 15 seconds of screen time it'd be great, it looked great, Bale was horrifying, the fucking jokes though. Fuck us. FUCKING HELL. This is the first Thor film i've seen and it gets a solid 4 out of a possible 1 million points.

In Phase 4, 5 and 6 the focus should be on not letting someone not funny and with no concept of what is funny write the shite jokes and then have them in every hole unstuffed with shit.

McDead

Quote from: Goldentony on August 11, 2022, 05:51:08 PMI saw Thor last night and the jokes were fucking shite. Why did they make the film about 45 minutes longer to include jokes and Van Damme memes from 10 years ago? if you got rid of the fucking awful humour and cut Taika Waititi's character dwn to about 15 seconds of screen time it'd be great, it looked great, Bale was horrifying, the fucking jokes though. Fuck us. FUCKING HELL. This is the first Thor film i've seen and it gets a solid 4 out of a possible 1 million points.

In Phase 4, 5 and 6 the focus should be on not letting someone not funny and with no concept of what is funny write the shite jokes and then have them in every hole unstuffed with shit.

A truly abysmal movie, utterly aimless and wretched. Russell Crowe fucking what's left of his dignity and talent into the bin with that shitty Gervais style dance. Awful vibes off Tessa Thompson who seemed to actively hate being there. But at least Dark World can now rest easy knowing it's no longer the worst Thor film.

13 schoolyards

Quote from: bgmnts on August 11, 2022, 03:09:57 PMTo be fair I am almost on the verge of tears at how much joy a stupid film like Commando brings me, and I share that with nobody. Nobody has any right to judge someone for being emotionally connected to films.

Fuck yeah Commando is awesome. Me and a mate snuck into the cinema to see it when we were at least three years underage and a bunch of bikies nearly beat us up for going mental when Arnie said "I lied" and dropped Sully off the cliff

Jean-Luc Prickhard

Quote from: bgmnts on August 11, 2022, 03:09:57 PMTo be fair I am almost on the verge of tears at how much joy a stupid film like Commando brings me, and I share that with nobody. Nobody has any right to judge someone for being emotionally connected to films.

Would you be that annoyed if someone said they didn't like Commando, though? Or defend any hypothetical awful working practices on the film, just because you liked it?

bgmnts

Quote from: Jean-Luc Prickhard on August 12, 2022, 12:56:25 PMWould you be that annoyed if someone said they didn't like Commando, though? Or defend any hypothetical awful working practices on the film, just because you liked it?

If someone didn't like Commando i'd want them dead to be honest.

But no, unsure if art justifies exploitation, whether I like it or not.

Catalogue Trousers

Y'know, I really wanted a She-Hulk film or TV series.

And I realise that complaining about fourth-wall breaks in She-Hulk is like buying a hundredweight of Leerdammer and then griping that you don't like cheese.

But the fourth-wall bits in that trailer are just fucking painful. NOT FUNNY.

And yeah, She-Hulk should be a lot more obviously big and muscular (yeah, and busty) than Jennifer. It's kind of the point that the altered form is vastly different from the standard one.

This feels oddly disappointing after all this time of wanting a live-action She-Hulk. Oh well.

elliszeroed

I don't mind humour, but I don't like humour that undercuts/ dimineshes the hero, making them look stupid in films where we're supposed to look up to the hero.

Thor as an airhead joy boy. Jane as someone who can't think of a catchphrase. UGH.

I didn't like the Captain America "best ass" comment either btw. Funny, sure, but... hard to put into words, but not all super heroes need to witty and have fun, you know? Like I said, hard to put into words, but some heroes need to be serious, focused, not a jokebook.

Glebe

Deadpool's T.J. Miller Says Ryan Reynolds 'Hates' Him, Recalls The Moment He Really Felt It During Filming.

QuoteI sort of wish him well because he's so good at Deadpool and I think it's weird that he hates me. I think some people — we had a really weird moment, really weird moment on Deadpool where he said, 'Let's do one more take.' And everyone's like, 'OK,' and I'm like, 'Yeah I'm fine.' And then as the character, he was like horrifically mean to me, but to me. As if I'm Weasel. He's like, 'You know what's great about you Weasel? You're not the star. But you just, you know, you do just enough exposition that it's funny. And then we can leave and get back to the real movie.' Sure he's [riffing]. That's EXACTLY why he said that. Because I'm not funnier than he is at all right?

But I think after he got super, super famous from the first Deadpool, things kind of changed. ... I dunno, would I work with him again? No. I would not work with him again. But I've said that about Michael Bay and now we're friends and I would work with him again. But I think Michael Bay is different. And Michael Bay worked on a movie with Ryan Reynolds also and so he has a very specific opinion of Ryan Reynolds and that was a good part of our conversation...

Weird that that article makes absolutely NO MENTION of the assault allegations that have been levelled at Miller.

Replies From View

Michael Bay, right?  He's different innee.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Glebe on October 07, 2022, 07:57:47 PMWeird that that article makes absolutely NO MENTION of the assault allegations that have been levelled at Miller.
Not that weird, given the interviewer is Adam Carolla, who pals around with the scummiest of the "Christian" right, and made that godawful "No Safe Spaces" documentary a few years back. That Miller is on his show says a lot about where he's ended up.

Glebe

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on October 08, 2022, 04:51:21 PMNot that weird, given the interviewer is Adam Carolla, who pals around with the scummiest of the "Christian" right, and made that godawful "No Safe Spaces" documentary a few years back. That Miller is on his show says a lot about where he's ended up.

That's the source though, I meant no mention in the Cinemablend article that cites it. This Carolla bloke sounds like a rum fellow in any case.

Famous Mortimer

Sorry, misunderstood. It does sound a bit like a teen relationship - "you can't dump me, because I'm dumping you" though.