Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:28:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 IV: The Two Gentlemen of Corona

Started by Ferris, November 05, 2020, 11:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

It was the dreamlike, indeterminate quality that got me. Like a visual representation of quantum hair, when the universe isn't sure if he's supposed to have hair or what it's supposed to look like.

Twinned with his craggy coupon moving away directly underneath, it was all very unsettling.

VegaLA

Quote from: Thursday on November 05, 2020, 11:24:12 PM
Maybe Trump will just graciously concede and congratulate Biden on a well-fought campaign.

It's highly unlikely that trump will do the White house tour tradition with Biden, I don't know, call it a hunch, but if that is the case will Obama step up or...will they just side step it completely?

colacentral

There was an air of Bart Simpson's final "I didn't do it" performance about that press conference.

non capisco

State of his boat, it's like he's been bobbing for apples in liquid effluence. He makes mid-80s Gary Davies look like Tilda Swinton. Would you go out in public if your ears were a different colour to the rest of your face?

Rich Uncle Skeleton

QDRPHNC

Ferris

Quote from: VegaLA on November 06, 2020, 12:45:38 AM
It's highly unlikely that trump will do the White house tour tradition with Biden, I don't know, call it a hunch, but if that is the case will Obama step up or...will they just side step it completely?

In other "traditions he's not bothered with", he's the first president not to have thrown out the ceremonial first pitch at the World Series. Presumably because he has what we call in the biz a 20-grade arm and wouldn't be able to physically throw a strike.

He did make an appearance at the 2019 series and they tried to hide the boos by announcing "THE TROOPS... and the president AND MORE TROOPS" but the crowd managed to boo and get a round of "lock him up!" in the tiny window allowed. It's worth looking up.

Mobius

zomgmouse

popcorn

It's Friday tomorrow... will we know who won biden? (by den)

zomgmouse

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on November 06, 2020, 01:42:56 AM
Florida just voted to raise the minimum wage to $15 and went for Trump.  Complicated animals, humans.

likewise california voted for biden but still voted to keep rideshare employees as contractors not as employees. which makes more sense

Quote from: zomgmouse on November 06, 2020, 01:46:16 AM
likewise california voted for biden but still voted to keep rideshare employees as contractors not as employees. which makes more sense

Voters were overtly lied to though in a quarter billion dollar ad blitz. Depressing for different reasons.

Quote from: non capisco on November 06, 2020, 12:51:51 AM
State of his boat, it's like he's been bobbing for apples in liquid effluence. He makes mid-80s Gary Davies look like Tilda Swinton. Would you go out in public if your ears were a different colour to the rest of your face?

I never liked it in the Batman comics where Two-Face was drawn with a perfect line between the two sides of his face.  Took away from the willing suspension of disbelief

Mister Six

Outstanding thread title. Laughed so loud it startled my wife.

Ferris

Quote from: QDRPHNC on November 06, 2020, 01:12:18 AM

I saw this earlier - I think the idea is to "claim" states using his Big Boy words like "hereby" and "henceforth" (albeit still on twitter), and hope Biden's camp is daft enough to do the same. Then he can present it as "oh well he's claiming it and I'm claiming it so we are both litigants, better take it to the supreme court (*aside* that I just rigged!) to have them decide which of us is right".

He mentioned it in his (very low energy) video there which gave the game away. Dems aren't biting though so he just looks mad and desperate.

zomgmouse

Ferris

Quote from: Mister Six on November 06, 2020, 02:05:11 AM
Outstanding thread title. Laughed so loud it startled my wife.

I reckon both Captain Z's "Count Rushmore" and Blue Jam's "The Furious Orange" are funnier and more apposite but too late now.

Cerys

Anyone else tempted to put a tenner on him pulling a Budd Dwyer?

Biden now behind by 2.5k in GA, with 16k left to count.  Back of a fag packet maths tells me that means he needs two-thirds of the remaining votes in a solidly dem area to win the state.

Looks like GA is going to be the one which does for Trump.

Chedney Honks

trabuch

This electoral system is bonkers. Our's in the UK is worse.

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on November 06, 2020, 02:37:09 AM

New batch of votes expected before midnight which might seal it for Biden.

GoblinAhFuckScary

fuckkkin hell watching these last georgia votes coming in

Urinal Cake

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on November 06, 2020, 02:37:09 AM
Biden now behind by 2.5k in GA, with 16k left to count.  Back of a fag packet maths tells me that means he needs two-thirds of the remaining votes in a solidly dem area to win the state.

Apparently Trump needs 59% of the remaining vote in Arizona to win. So 60% is the special number.

Quote from: Urinal Cake on November 06, 2020, 02:44:11 AM
Apparently Trump needs 59% of the remaining vote in Arizona to win. So 60% is the special number.

With the number of votes left in Maricopa County, it looks like AZ & GA might be mirror opposites - Trump looks like he might win there.

Won't matted of course - GA alone would mean Trump can't win whatever happens elsewhere.  And NV & PA now look nailed-on

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: non capisco on November 06, 2020, 12:51:51 AM

Blimey!  He looks like Tollund Man.

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on November 05, 2020, 10:54:03 PM
Well they have the 'football' (big briefcase full of computers) for launching the nukes so once he's separated from that his nuclear code card is useless.

I saw a documentary once that says The President* carries the password to the football on a piece of laminated card in his pocket, and the documentary gave the password which was something like 0000 or 1234.

*As in any President, not just whoever was current when the documentary aired, which was pre-Trump anyway.