Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:34:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Experiences

Started by Kishi the Bad Lampshade, February 24, 2010, 08:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThickAndCreamy

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on February 25, 2010, 02:56:58 PM
It's my ambition to get a boat from Hull to Iceland with a stopover on the Shetland Islands and then on the Faroe Islands. Then, when I've got to Iceland, I want to mountain-bike round Iceland's one and only road, before getting the boat back again.

The only disadvantage of this is that it involves going to Hull.
Cycling in Iceland sounds like a great idea, although I know they've now changed that ferry if I recall correctly, meaning it no longer exists as it wasn't profitable enough. You now may have to start in Norway to get a ferry to get to the Faroes than Iceland. Well, this I what I read on a bicycle touring forum a few months back.

I would love to do the same, except the winds and temperatures are nearly unbearable at times from what I've read. People have regularly spent days indoors unable to ride due to the harsh winds and inability to move outside without wanting to end it all. I would still love to experience it and learn how to cope with such purgatory like terrain and weather. It's like cycling to Nordkapp though I guess, it's less for pleasure and more for the experience.

biggytitbo

I'd like to hang glide to Finland, kidnap a Moomin, come back to England and eat it.

vrailaine

Drugs, don't know which ones.

biggytitbo

vrailaine

I've tried it, works nicely. Makes me sleep longer.
Was actually including things like that, by the way.

dr_christian_troy

When I was about 9, I wrote to Jim'll Fix It to see if he could fix it for me to have Spitting Image make a rubber puppet of me. My father, an illustrator, drew a picture of my face all rubbery and with this and a photo attached, the letter.

No response of course, but as I realised years later this might be something to do with Jim'll being on the Beeb and Spitting Image being on ITV. On the plus side, I went to the Spitting Image place in Covent Garden, and because they said I was the youngest fan they had seen in there, they let me pick any puppet I liked to have a photo with - so somewhere in the attic, there's a photo of me, 9 years old, making Ronald Reagan gurn. On reflection I would have picked Thatcher, but I think at the time I was a bit scared of the puppet, whereas Reagan's puppet was more 'approachable' if that makes sense (and Chris Barrie's voice was slightly more warming than that of the one who did Thatcher's). At that age, I knew all the names of the people in the Cabinet, thanks to the show, albeit a twisted and probably quite innocent view of them.

I'd still like one of me though, or generally, any original Spitting Image puppet.

Jemble Fred

That was always my first choice for Jim'll Fix It too! Either that, or to play some WLIIA games with The Comedy Store Players... God I was a little cunt.

weekender

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on February 25, 2010, 09:39:51 PMOn the plus side, I went to the Spitting Image place in Covent Garden, and because they said I was the youngest fan they had seen in there, they let me pick any puppet I liked to have a photo with - so somewhere in the attic, there's a photo of me, 9 years old, making Ronald Reagan gurn.

They did that all the time, to be fair.  I was about 10 when I went there.

"Does anyone know the names of the Spitting Image creators?"

<All the adults look blank>

Me: "Peter Fluck and Roger Law"

The adult: "How do you know that?"

Me: "It's in the book"

There's a picture of me strangling a Paul Gascoigne puppet somewhere, they told me off for being too rough with it.

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: weekender on February 25, 2010, 09:56:32 PM
They did that all the time, to be fair.  I was about 10 when I went there.

"Does anyone know the names of the Spitting Image creators?"

<All the adults look blank>

Me: "Peter Fluck and Roger Law"

The adult: "How do you know that?"

Me: "It's in the book"

There's a picture of me strangling a Paul Gascoigne puppet somewhere, they told me off for being too rough with it.

Fair enough. Still, good times. The other day I discovered all my Spitting Image cards up in the attic...as well as a few WWF ones...

biggytitbo

On a similar theme, I applied to be on Rolfs Cartoon Club umpeteen times and never got a reply. Even though the show has been canceled 20 years, I still hold out a slim hope the invite might be in the post.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: vrailaine on February 25, 2010, 06:43:39 PM
Drugs, don't know which ones.

Don't bother with Sudafed - it's rubbish!!!

sirhenry

alan nagsworth

Lie on your back, lift your arse in the air and hold. Pinch a loaf and take bets on which way it will fall. I don't need to go into the beneficiary factors of this experience for you to understand just how exhilerating, amusing and compulsively competitive it is. Think of it as a human board game, maybe even add your own obstacles and rules.

Big Jack McBastard

Must bungee jump at some point. I know it's clichéd as fuck but I've missed so many opportunities to do it and things like it that I feel I must rectify the situation.

Set up a bowling team and win something mildly significant, I will have to get a bit better at bowling though, last time I went I was hitting a 180-190 average and that ain't gonna cut it and it's been years since I picked up a ball too.

Kill something, skin it, gut it, cook it, eat it. Not for any sadistic pleasure or anything I'm sure I'd be repulsed on a number of occasions during the process but it's something I'm kind of interested in doing, especially if it was a weird or askew animal I'd not eaten before.

Learn to play the guitar of piano vaguely well, though my self knackered little finger on my left hand my preclude me from being a virtuoso on either.

Find something awesome with a metal detector.

And finally:
Bring capitalism to it's knees, or at least watch it crumble.

Jemble Fred

Never leave Britain ever again.

Or certainly, never by plane.

Just another five hours at Charles De Gaulle airport...

buttgammon

If I believed in the existence of a 'hell' then I would imagine it to be an exact replica of Charles de Gaulle Airport.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Big Jack McBastard on February 28, 2010, 09:49:43 AM
Learn to play the guitar of piano vaguely well, though my self knackered little finger on my left hand my preclude me from being a virtuoso on either.
Django Reinhardt and Tony Iommi say different.