Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:44:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

''Verbwhores'' that you have met

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, February 28, 2020, 06:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The death thread is making me think of those I have met and where they are since then, in their lives. Gonna try to do this in chronological order and will definitely miss out some (sorry):

No_offenc
Sirhenry
Purlieu
Jesusandyourbush
Biniput
Mr Simnock
Explodingvinyl
Fanny splendid
yesitis
Sexton Brackets Drugbust
Abbatoirworker
Lfbarfe
Retinend
Poisson du Jour
Ronnie the Raincoat
DJ One Record
Backstage with Slowdive
Doomy Dwyer
Serge
Arrgh... guy wearing flip-flops, big lefty ZoysaSorris?
Braintree
Thursday
Boki
Melodichaze
Ronnie Rowlands
Mister Six
J_u_d_a_s
Ambient Sheep
Phil_A
Lebovici84
Squidy
Small Man Big Horse
Kishi the Bad Lampshade
Dr Christian troy
Doc Daneeka
Tiny Poster
Dr beat
Icehaven
Shiftwork2
Kittens
Angrew Lloyd Wegger
Black Ship
Norton Canes
Imitationleather
neveragain
Danger Man
MoonDust
BlodwynPig
Pancreas
Dannyhood91
... Guy at the Manchester Spoons meet whose member name I can't remember Alien... Acid? ... Nah sorry...
Janie Jones
Spoon of Ploff
Replies from View
Madhair60
Alan nagsworth
Doppelkorn
Too Many Cochranes
Guy who asked if I was shoulders in the Grove Inn, Leeds
Kelvin
buzby
Holyzombiejesus
Biggytitbo (not really met but walked past a lot)
Lost Oliver
hamfist

As I say, this is all from memory and whoever I have missed out, it wasn't that you were unmemorable, more my brain isn't efficient. Please feel free to pop in and go WELL, CHARMING

touchingcloth

idunnosomename

what happens on the internet stays on the internet

Twit 2

sevendaughters

None AFAIK but I have this paranoid suspicion one or two of you are known to me. Feels like too many bald men on society's fringes for me to be isolated from all of you.

QDRPHNC

BlodwynPig
FerrisWheelBueller

End of list. Come on lads, get over to Canada, help get my numbers up.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I've met all the big hard gangs

CAMBRIDGE DARKWANK MASSIVE: madhair, drgreggles crabwalk, janie jones, shirtwork, pancreas twit 2 and some other cunts

LONDON BUSTARDS: replies, janie jones, kittens, sploff, others

NORTHERN HOLE: Shoulders and the other ones who came to london from the north, icehaven if Birmingham is the north

CARDIACS WANKERS: Phil_A, Gout_pony, Neville Chamberlain, boki

I have also met Janie Jones and Phil_A and Flouncer alone outside of CaB meet contexts and it went very very well (not sex just good chat)

Jockice

Never knowingly met any. Have spoken to one -Dr Rock -on the phone. Intended going to Serge's funeral except that an old friend's mother died within days of him and the funeral happened to be at the same time on the same day but in the city I live in. So I went for the easiest option. No disrespect to Serge of course. We never actually met but I felt like I knew him. And we did once attend concerts within a few hundred metres of each other on the same night in Nottingham. He got the good one.

I'm also Facebook friends with (I think) four members other than the two I've already mentioned.

Twit 2

Twit 2

Inspector Norse

bgmnts

Does through a pair of binoculars count?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 28, 2020, 06:36:08 PMArrgh... guy wearing flip-flops, big lefty ZoysaSorris?

You've definitely met Zoysa as he was at the same meet that you met me.

But when I first read your description I was thinking The Always Red Society.

I think my list might be even longer than yours.  I might try to do it but I shudder to think how long it will take.

Space ghost

Just one but we talk about the rest of you A LOT.

non capisco

Aside from Bobby Treetops who I've been mates with for around 12 years and was shocked and amazed to see him looking on MY forum one day...

...Nags, boki, Red Lantern and very briefly Crabwalk before I had to flee a Stereolab gig to puke a moody Katsu chicken sandwich all over the outside of the Shepherd's Bush Empire. All thoroughly mint and skill individuals so if you're all like them I hope to meet more of you. Maybe not Johnathan King.

weekender

Fuck knows, it was in the early 2000s.

Here's an early picture when you see us all being stalked by a poster from another table.

That's what happened before CCTV was invented, we all used to try and take pictures but because of technology the pictures tended to come out all blurry.

https://i.ibb.co/stwQCMX/147.jpg

I know you're concerned about such things, so here is what I hope is a slightly better quality picture of the magazine they're reading that I took at the time.

https://i.ibb.co/zFsC6B2/148.jpg

Halcyon Days.

non capisco

Quote from: Jockice on February 28, 2020, 06:59:40 PM
No disrespect to Serge of course. We never actually met but I felt like I knew him.

Same, man. He used to be round the corner from me in Catford but by the time we became good online friends through Facebook in 2016 he was living elsewhere and I foolishly never got my shit together to meet the great man in the flesh before he passed. I feel I learned a hell of a lot from Marc and the way he conducted himself in life and the way he enriched everyone he communicated with. The manner in which that guy faced up to mortality will stay with me as an inspiration for as long as I'm farting about on this ridiculous globe, that's for sure.

BlodwynPig

The Good Lads
Retinend
Thomas
Gout_Pony
Thick and Creamy
QDRPHNC
Zetetic
ImitationLeather
HummingofEvil
iamcoop
NeverAgain
Butcher's Blind

The Good Girl
CanadaGoose

The Bad Lads
Paul Calf
FerrisWheelBueller

The Bald Lad
Shoulder?-Stomach!

David Bamber
Pancreas

weekender

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on February 28, 2020, 07:11:45 PMI think my list might be even longer than yours.  I might try to do it but I shudder to think how long it will take.

You're not keeping your spreadsheet up to date?

Mine's in mint condition, let's swap notes sometime.

wosl

Haven't met any. I once saw a pic Serge had posted of himself standing in front of Lichfield Cathedral, and realised I could've broken my duck there, if only I'd known of his plans.  To make up for that, I think Glebe and I ought to plan a little CaB whimsy-wing two attendee sub-meet (on the condition that he promises to speak the whole time using only Richard Briers' Roobarb narrating voice). 

BlodwynPig

Quote from: wosl on February 28, 2020, 07:28:29 PM
Haven't met any. I once saw a pic Serge had posted of himself standing in front of Lichfield Cathedral, and realised I could've broken my duck there, if only I'd known of his plans.  To make up for it, I think Glebe and I ought to plan a little CaB whimsy-wing two attendee sub-meet (on the condition that he promises speak the whole time using only Richard Briers' Roobarb narrating voice).

Pie and Pint?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Weekenders first image is of one of CaB Radios original stalwarts (less Hairy at that point) with, seemingly, Lebovici84.

Both of whom I met and didn't add 😒

Danger Man

I met (name of Cabber) and s/he was (that Limmy quote)

Kryton

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ambient Sheep

fuck me, my list is long, so very very long, and I'm only up to about 15 years ago, so it's full of people who are no longer here.

Noonling

I met kittens and his girlfriend. I only remember his girlfriend though.