Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:00:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Unlimited data sims

Started by Cold Meat Platter, January 10, 2024, 02:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

My mobile contract has expired and I'd like loads of data so I can hotspot my phone as my local internet is shite.
Are 'Honest Mobile' any good? This forum alumnus seems to like them.

Any other recommendations for unlimited data?

Not sure this is the right forum for this 

Des Wigwam

Not sure if you are still looking but I use Smarty and have done for last couple years. When my home broadband turns to shit - not that often but it happens - I work on the hotspot and it's pretty good even for light Teams/Slack meetings.

Have found the coverage really good except for a town called Knighton which is dead on the English/Welsh border and Welshpool/Y trallwng - if those two locations are deal breakers. It's been fine up mountains and in villages where I never had signal with the likes of O2 or Vodafone.

Not sure if they do unlimited but they do big enough packages for most needs at a decent price.

canadagoose

For both of the above, I believe your Three signal will be important, as that's what they run off. Do you know what it's like? If not, it's worth getting a small data SIM (like 1GB or so) and doing a speed test. Or, in fact, just get a Smarty SIM and buy one of the cheap packages to try it out. It looks like the cheapest is £5 for 2GB.

I believe Voxi also do unlimited if you're in a good spot for Vodafone signal. Again, I'd try it with a temporary SIM to make sure it works well in your location.

Sonny_Jim

It's worth pointing out that 'unlimited' doesn't actually mean that, there will be a clause that says they can charge for 'unreasonable usage' which they can make up on the fly.  Never heard of anyone getting stung by that but it's something to consider.

Also you'll almost certainly be on CGNAT, which probably won't mean anything but it may affect your ability to play online games, run your own mail server etc.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on March 29, 2024, 04:25:08 AMIt's worth pointing out that 'unlimited' doesn't actually mean that, there will be a clause that says they can charge for 'unreasonable usage' which they can make up on the fly.  Never heard of anyone getting stung by that but it's something to consider.

Also you'll almost certainly be on CGNAT, which probably won't mean anything but it may affect your ability to play online games, run your own mail server etc.

It's cool, I have fibre broadband now