Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:18:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rontos Chips: a life in pixels

Started by poo, January 07, 2022, 06:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

I mean if it's phrases we use in everyday life I guess it's "Laughing at an oblate spheroid".

Cuellar

Replies From View

"Laughing at the world, not with it.  And it is joining in because it hasn't realised lol!!"

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Glebe

pancreas

A man cannot live on jokes alone.

Replies From View

Quote from: TheGingerAlien on January 20, 2022, 06:35:47 PM

I love how everything about the man's face is accidentally grumpy-looking, so the artist drew a little smiley mouth between the moustache and beard to try to make him appear happy.

ME, I'M MAKING A JOKE OUT OF IT.  HAHA, CHECK OUT MY UNABATED JOY

Glebe

Bob Ross cuts his hair, expressing how ridiculous it looked via the medium of pottery.

Replies From View

Quote from: kalowski on January 20, 2022, 07:05:49 PMI hope this is "When you're laughing the whole world laughs with you."

I think the saying is "laugh, and the whole world laughs with you", which would imply some kind of causality.

We're not seeing whether Rontos or the whole world started this particular laughter-spree - we've arrived after they've both become apoplectic with joy - which I think scuppers the entire point of it.

Next puzzle please Roy

Captain Z

I like how the animator has slipped a little ghost-like creature into the middle of the rearranging, thinking it would almost certainly never be spotted by anyone.

Glebe

Quote from: Captain Z on January 21, 2022, 10:55:33 AMI like how the animator has slipped a little ghost-like creature into the middle of the rearranging, thinking it would almost certainly never be spotted by anyone.

Oh yeah fuck.

TheGingerAlien

idunnosomename

Quote from: TheGingerAlien on January 19, 2022, 12:29:27 PMMade an exception with this one and actually noted down the correct answer:

One very close to the hearts of the talented artists involved no doubt:

does this mean clare actually got this one?!?!?

Replies From View

Quote from: Captain Z on January 21, 2022, 10:55:33 AMI like how the animator has slipped a little ghost-like creature into the middle of the rearranging, thinking it would almost certainly never be spotted by anyone.

I saw that, and immediately started considering in vain what the other in-between shapes might be.

An absolute Cow Tools.

Replies From View

Quote from: TheGingerAlien on January 21, 2022, 11:23:18 AM

This is beyond the pail.  FUMING at this.

"TALKING TO YOU, RIGHT, A BRICK WALL, IS SPECIFICALLY LIKE SOMETHING, BUT WHAT.  CLUE:  IT IS LIKE THE EXACT THING THAT IT IS"

Glebe

Replies From View

Louis CK:  Before I was bald, I experimented with soft materials

Glebe

idunnosomename

I think some of the shittier ones need to be understood in the context of softball gimmies in the first round.

Also they can be so easy that buzz in before the bell, giving your opponent the advantage!

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 21, 2022, 12:45:00 PMI think some of the shittier ones need to be understood in the context of softball gimmies in the first round.

That's really charitable of you, but that really doesn't excuse some of the horrendous art...  It isn't like there wasn't good computer art during this period.

Anyways... Try your luck at this, phraseheads:

Anyone know if Catchphrase was an early influence for the legendary Jim'll Paint It, in terms of that classic amiga/MS Paint style?  Assuming he's done a one with Chips or Roy in - must go seek it out

Replies From View

Replies From View

(Even though no piercing action is evident.)

TheGingerAlien

Mr Banlon

Quote from: TheGingerAlien on January 21, 2022, 03:42:47 PMThat's the one! Riiight!

Could be 'Rain on my parade', but there's only one Chip, so not really a parade.
Fucking hell, I hope it's not 'stormtrooper'.

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: Mr Banlon on January 21, 2022, 03:48:22 PMCould be 'Rain on my parade', but there's only one Chip, so not really a parade.
Fucking hell, I hope it's not 'stormtrooper'.

I think it might actually be stormtrooper!  Awaiting final confirmation from Replies.

Phwoaaaaaar

Mr Banlon

TheGingerAlien