Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:51:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Final Fantasy 7 - Remake

Started by Capt.Midnight, June 16, 2015, 11:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_Larence

Noticed as I played tonight that I was beaming the whole time, and genuinely laughed out loud at Red XIII secretly dressing up as a soldier so he could partake in the Queen's Blood tournament, a mum consoling her crying son with "he can't hurt you" as he uncannily stumbled to the chair. Can't remember the last game that made me this happy, it's so refreshing.

Thursday

I was mostly just replaying Queen's Blood games until I won if I had to, but I couldn't do that to Red XIII, he deserved the win.

C_Larence

The only one I didn't win first try was Andrea, who had a weirdly aggressive play style. Still not sure how I actually beat him other than the computer eventually feeling sorry for me.

Arbiter

Quote from: C_Larence on March 22, 2024, 03:13:33 AMNoticed as I played tonight that I was beaming the whole time, and genuinely laughed out loud at Red XIII secretly dressing up as a soldier so he could partake in the Queen's Blood tournament, a mum consoling her crying son with "he can't hurt you" as he uncannily stumbled to the chair. Can't remember the last game that made me this happy, it's so refreshing.

Also did this today and it really cheered me up, so funny and unexpectedly, appropriately, intelligently weird.

Arbiter

More funny stuff in this: Cloud Jr, ribbit, the prison boss.

Greatest mix of stupidity, melodramatic sincerity and frankly fantastic combat. I love what they've done with the areas and how it's much less open world than a location-based structure with some repeated elements.

C_Larence

Loved Gus's (the prison boss) hype man backing him up in his introductory cutscene.

Currently almost 60 hours in and just made it to
Spoiler alert
The Gi Cave
[close]
in Chapter 10. The chocobo gliding minigame is atrocious, I love literally everything else.

Arbiter

Another funny thing in this is simply the word 'benison'.

Even funnier in the phrase 'Unable to obtain a manifestation of the planet's benison'.

Just a ridiculous use of language. I love it.