Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:34:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible album covers thread Part 2

Started by chveik, January 04, 2020, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Incredibly, it's by his father, David Bierk, who is a painter with works in a number of North American public collections. And died over twenty years ago.

Looking at his work he did seem to do mash ups of old masters and kitschy portraits so I guess Seb's just been waiting for the right moment to use this masterpiece.

Look at his portrait of the queen his country seems to think is good!!!

https://agp.on.ca/exhibitions/tea-with-the-queens/

Oh Canada

gilbertharding

I saw a thread on that Twitter the other day where someone was exploring classical music album cover art:

I love how classical music album covers are either utterly drab and uninspired or masterpieces of aggressive camp like this.

Anyway, she does a thread of them here

Highlights:

purlieu

Gotta be honest, I never expected to see an image like that underneath the Deutsche Grammophon logo. That's such a brilliant contrast.

I really like all of those classical covers above

The Mollusk

I fuckin love that Bach cover up top, though for not tthe intended reasons. It's queasy and makes me think of naff uncanny horror film posters. Sorta reminds me of this ungodly monstrosity from Portrayal of Guilt and Chat Pile (except this is obvs intentionally horrible):

Honestly I think about this incredible image more than is probably normal.

Anyway dunno if we had this yet but it's absolute wank. The album's meant to be great but I can't bring myself to get over this heap of crap:

You couldn't even get a good font for this???

Butchers Blind

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 20, 2024, 11:05:01 AMIncredibly, it's by his father, David Bierk, who is a painter with works in a number of North American public collections. And died over twenty years ago.

Looking at his work he did seem to do mash ups of old masters and kitschy portraits so I guess Seb's just been waiting for the right moment to use this masterpiece.

Look at his portrait of the queen his country seems to think is good!!!

https://agp.on.ca/exhibitions/tea-with-the-queens/

Oh Canada

It's a lot better than Rolf's attempt.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: The Mollusk on March 20, 2024, 12:53:16 PMI fuckin love that Bach cover up top, though for not tthe intended reasons. It's queasy and makes me think of naff uncanny horror film posters. Sorta reminds me of this ungodly monstrosity from Portrayal of Guilt and Chat Pile (except this is obvs intentionally horrible):

Honestly I think about this incredible image more than is probably normal.

Anyway dunno if we had this yet but it's absolute wank. The album's meant to be great but I can't bring myself to get over this heap of crap:

You couldn't even get a good font for this???

There's nothing wrong with that font

The Mollusk

purlieu

It looks like a romance/erotic ebook, but I can't say I have an issue with the font.

Glebe

Quote from: famethrowa on March 21, 2024, 11:55:22 PM

Oh fuck he is definitely joining the CaB pantheon and no mistake about it!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 18, 2024, 07:58:47 PMNot an album cover but this "official logo" for Taylor Swift's The Tortured Poets Department is atrocious. I think it's really ugly.

holyzombiejesus

I don't know who let Vampire Weekend back in but they've got a nerve showing up with this.

BlodwynPig

QuoteCreated in collaboration with longtime guitarist for They Might Be Giants, Dan Miller, and award-winning YA novelist Rob Sharenow, Shatner gives voice to characters from across the animal kingdom on this whimsical and educational release!

BlodwynPig

Egyptian Feast

I was going to remark on how hideous the faces look, but the kid on the top left looking over everything with mutated disgust is good.

famethrowa

idunnosomename

Theres something exceptionally lazy about an AI cover where you havent even bothered to train it on the star's likeness and stuck a photo of his head on, and not matched the colour palette or the width of the neck correctly

Shaxberd

Oh god, it's like a Jehovah's Witnesses booklet, except at least the JWs have the decency to hand-paint their gubbins.

The Mollusk

The book he's reading from is barely a bloody pamphlet, he can't have that much animal wisdom to offer in there.

I do like however that even a lowly little insect has turned up on one of the elephants' head to have a listen. ALL CREATURE GRAET AND SMALL

idunnosomename

It looks like a tablet, or a palm pilot

famethrowa

Quote from: The Mollusk on April 11, 2024, 11:56:25 AMI do like however that even a lowly little insect has turned up on one of the elephants' head to have a listen.

Little? Look at the relative size. That thing will sting your "ass" black and blue

famethrowa

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 11, 2024, 01:04:13 PMIt looks like a tablet, or a palm pilot

It appears to be a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0. A refreshed model series was released in late 2016 (UK early 2017),(Tab S2 VE, SM-T710/715/719) replacing the older Exynos 5433 SoC with an newer Snapdragon 652 SoC. Besides some minor software changes and Android 7.x, it was mostly the same as the previous model. The Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 took design cues from the 2015 Samsung Galaxy A series phones because the device had a painted metal frame with chamfered edges and a plastic back, along with a camera design similar to the Galaxy S6. It was available in black, white, or gold/beige colors. At 5.6mm thick, the Tab S2 8.0 was, as of September 2015, the world's thinnest tablet together with the bigger screen Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, so Shatner would have no problem relaying the "Have we had a jokes thread in a while?" thread of H.S. Art to the children and animals of the mighty jungle.