Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:01:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Magic the gathering: Duels of the planeswalkers 2013

Started by Hangthebuggers, December 02, 2012, 02:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangthebuggers

For those who like deep strategy games, card games or fantasy and magic (or maths and variables).

Basically at it's core it's card game (for those not in the know), essentially taking turns to outwit your opponent, using creatures, instant casts, sorcery and other such cards. The game is based around building up your lands ( for mana) and using that mana to divide between casting creatures and spells which can be used for a variety of purposes with the aim to take down your opponents health whilst juggling offense and defensive techniques. You can build combo's or try quick attacks, defensive play, counter-moves, or other such voodoo.

Most of these creatures and instant cards have game-changing effects depending on which of the five colours you choose for your deck.

Loosely, they're representative of their colour , so Red for example, is good at 'burning' cards and dealing damage quickly, whilst white cards are all about defence and healing. Black is a sacrificial deck and has some nasty creatures and Green is all about creatures and bulky offense/defense. That leaves my favourite, blue. Blue is the fucker deck, which has counter spells and strange effects and rule bending stuff.

On top of that, there's a ton of collectible cards which unlock after every victory, so you can build your deck depending on your play style.

I'm addicted, it's not for everyone, but there's a demo on steam if you wanna try it.

8/10

Still Not George

A mate of mine is one of the main developers on this. BUY IT, IT'S GOOD. Y'know, if you like turn based card game thingies.

DAZZA DIRTBOLLOCK

I tried 2012 after getting in to the card version and my opinion was mixed. It was fun for a little while but I wanted to customise my deck to (reasonable) levels that the game would not allow me to do. There also seemed to be a fair few glitches and functionality issues I experienced which were also complained about on the MTG forums. They were never addressed for the few weeks I played, and I picked it up a few months after release so it was pretty disappointing. I'll definitely check out the 2013 demo as the game is a lot of fun whichever way you look at it, I just hope there are more diverse options for deck customisation otherwise I can't be arsed paying for it.