Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

June 20, 2024, 01:51:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Best 'one-and-done' characters

Started by Mwnger, December 28, 2023, 05:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Ambassador

This guy. One word of dialogue. All you need.

Sebastian Cobb

'Mr 55p' in Bottom.

And the pensioner Richie threatens after she asks if he's mad, for that matter.

beanheadmcginty

Twilkes

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on January 24, 2024, 09:24:46 PMThis guy. One word of dialogue. All you need.

Interestingly the voice was overdubbed by Larry David, hence the ridiculous delivery. Wonder how the actor himself played it on the day.

Senior Baiano

"Blimey, they don't call you Harry the Bastard for nothing, do they?"

"No, they call me Ted."

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 25, 2024, 10:04:48 AM'Mr 55p' in Bottom.

And the pensioner Richie threatens after she asks if he's mad, for that matter.

Same for the posh doctor.

"I am a doctor. Now BUGGER ORF!"

elliszeroed

IAP - The guy at the club who won't let Alan in. The South African guy who hires Alan for a presentation.

The Simpsons: Manager of the Box Factory. The PR Guy from Itchy & Scratchy Land, "Just like in real life!"

studpuppet

Max is started, fleshed out and finished in a couple of minutes.

DrGreggles

Annoyingly Coltrane has 2 scenes in Dirty Movie, otherwise that'd be a good one.

https://youtu.be/vL-wxoYa4Vc?t=258

https://youtu.be/vL-wxoYa4Vc?t=637

Grassygnome

Quote from: boki on December 28, 2023, 09:20:16 PMThe aliens in Life Of Brian. More for the scene itself than the characters, I suppose, but I almost hit the roof the first time I saw it.
It really is the most bonkers scene in a bonkers film.

Grassygnome

Quote from: Des Wigwam on December 29, 2023, 09:49:12 AMCan you count Kevin Eldon's kitchen salesman in IAP? He does appear twice in the episode but it doesn't hinge around him.

In fact Kevin Eldon can possibly lay claim to a few of these but my brain isn't working right now.

Kevin Eldon playing that IT support guy in the IT Crowd was magnificent. The accent ... oh that accent.

Quote from: Twilkes on January 03, 2024, 06:33:45 AMI was going to nominate that guy but he appears in more than one scene.

"That's what I'd like to know about it."

You're confusing the Jiffy Park proprietor with the Jiffy Dump proprietor, who gives the best line delivery in television history:

We can only speculate if they're related.

I like the Jam Festival woman from the Day Today.

Proactive

In the hands of any other sketch series, Limmy's "They've turned the weauns against us" man would have appeared in every single episode, and good on him for keeping it perfect.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Extremely pure example of the form in The Golden Girls, as Rose, Dorothy and Sophia try to reassure Blanche by singing the song Rose had been raised to believe was intended to be comforting: Over There

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: shoulders on December 31, 2023, 05:58:30 PM.
The reveal of him as a racist at the end, and his impervious reaction to being confronted is as good as it gets.

Topped off beautifully by the fact that the hallway door Eldon tries to exit through is a prop and doesn't lead anywhere or open, and the edit holds on him just long enough for us to see him failing to open a door.

Oosp

Quote from: Lapsedcat on January 25, 2024, 04:30:25 PM

Hell yes. Good old Geoff McGivern. Also: Eldon as Giuseppe Delveccio in the same episode, singing Selling Roses For The Lady - nails it in one as usual

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: Proactive on February 02, 2024, 02:10:01 PMIn the hands of any other sketch series, Limmy's "They've turned the weauns against us" man would have appeared in every single episode, and good on him for keeping it perfect.

Limmy oners, is it? Many to choose from but surely a mention for this, defined by actually not being a good character. Maybe the caller is the good one-off character?

neveragain

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on February 03, 2024, 11:31:46 PMExtremely pure example of the form in The Golden Girls, as Rose, Dorothy and Sophia try to reassure Blanche by singing the song Rose had been raised to believe was intended to be comforting: Over There

Junior Soprano showing his respect there.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on February 04, 2024, 09:25:44 PMLimmy oners, is it? Many to choose from but surely a mention for this, defined by actually not being a good character. Maybe the caller is the good one-off character?

The best one-off caller for my money is the one where the guy thinks he's got it in the bag but loses on a technicality and threatens him with 'I'm gonnae find out where you drink'.

Bob-Kate

"You mean you crap out of the window?"

Cold Meat Platter

Senior Baiano

greenman

Morris's Peter Baxendale Thomas is only one scene isnt it?

Incy Wincy Mincey

Quote from: ASFTSN on December 28, 2023, 09:00:46 PMThere's a shitload in Fifteen Storeys High.

"What're you doing with that plow you twat?"

"Ignore him, Erol."

My first thought as well, although some of them have recurring scenes.

"Unreliable witness!"
"Where's my matches?"
"Use this. It's special"
"I'm comin to getcha... Let it snow!"

Serafinowicz' boy band manager and Bill Bailey's guitar teacher great as well.

Sebastian Cobb

And of course Mark Lamarr's silver man.

Tags: