Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 24, 2024, 12:32:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jokes you don't understand pt. 734

Started by Utter Shit, January 20, 2023, 08:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski


phantom_power

Nice to know someone has me on ignore


Twilkes

Quote from: Captain Z on January 27, 2023, 01:29:08 PMGround zero

That's where I was going but I couldn't make it work. Although I guess if it was ground zero then it should have been brown bread.

dissolute ocelot


kalowski

Quote from: phantom_power on January 27, 2023, 01:22:45 PMNice to know someone has me on ignore
Gingerbread house? A house. Made of ginger? It's a taste sensation!


jobotic

Ali B* ginger** house





*B for Bread, instead of G for whatever G is for


**instead of inda










markburgle


ollyboro

Quote from: Twilkes on January 27, 2023, 09:17:00 AMAnyone???



The kid's referencing Hansel and Gretel. I think the child's calling its mam a witch and its dad a nonce. Not so much a joke as a cry for help.

Icehaven

There's a bit in an episode of Friends where Rachel is standing at the kitchen table talking while opening a milk carton, and when she stabs a little funnel thing into it the audience absolutely lose their shit. I don't know if it's a reference/callback to something that's been cut from Netflix (there's a few minutes missing from most episodes on there apparently) or maybe she'd had to do several takes and finally got it right or what. Does anyone know?
I know Joey does an infomercial for a similar spout thing at some point too but I don't think it's a reference to that.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: mrpupkin on January 23, 2023, 06:51:04 PMEssex scum here, just to add that 'out out' was definitely a phrase I heard loads growing up, perhaps particularly from my older relatives from the East end of London.

Nah, that would have been "ahht' ahht'" with big glottal stops which sounds too close to a sound you'd make to indicate disagreement "ah oh" so that would have caused too much confusion and wouldn't have caught on.

Twilkes

Quote from: Icehaven on January 28, 2023, 11:22:26 AMThere's a bit in an episode of Friends where Rachel is standing at the kitchen table talking while opening a milk carton, and when she stabs a little funnel thing into it the audience absolutely lose their shit. I don't know if it's a reference/callback to something that's been cut from Netflix (there's a few minutes missing from most episodes on there apparently) or maybe she'd had to do several takes and finally got it right or what. Does anyone know?
I know Joey does an infomercial for a similar spout thing at some point too but I don't think it's a reference to that.

I'm pretty sure it's at the beginning of that episode before the titles, they're watching that same infomercial. It's the same product.

Icehaven

Quote from: Twilkes on January 28, 2023, 12:55:42 PMI'm pretty sure it's at the beginning of that episode before the titles, they're watching that same infomercial. It's the same product.

Oh if it's the same episode then it makes more sense. That's actually quite a subtle joke for Friends, the audience reaction still seems excessive though.

HamishMacbeth

The episode of The Simpsons where Selma's marrying Sideshow Bob and they're discussing cocktail weenies.

"It looks like ketchup, it tastes like ketchup, but brother, it ain't ketchup."

I've always assumed it's a reference to something I haven't eaten, but I have no idea what.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: HamishMacbeth on January 28, 2023, 01:38:45 PMThe episode of The Simpsons where Selma's marrying Sideshow Bob and they're discussing cocktail weenies.

"It looks like ketchup, it tastes like ketchup, but brother, it ain't ketchup."

I've always assumed it's a reference to something I haven't eaten, but I have no idea what.
You get a wide variety of dipping sauces with cocktail sausages, and I'm sure some of them must come with some kind of tomatoey dipping sauce, maybe similar to American prawn cocktail sauce. But that still doesn't explain the joke; maybe they're suggesting Homer was confused at some point by the subtle difference or committed an embarrassing social faux pas by serving cocktail weiners with ketchup. My best guess is that the joke is just that they're discussing the niceties of sauces at an inappropriate time.

QDRPHNC

I think that joke is more to do with Homer's limited palate - he knows it's a delicious sauce, but it not being ketchup is the only way he can describe it.

Magnum Valentino

Why the English guy spits out his tea when he sees that Homer's sugar is melting in the rain. Still funny though.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Terry Torpid on January 23, 2023, 01:04:42 PMI've had to look up some videos to get the idea. It seems that you can do two puppet arms with one hand after all. Looks like there's a bit of a knack to it.


Sorry for filling this thread with nonsense about this fucking dog.

Here he is operating Hacker

https://www.tiktok.com/@philfletcherofficial/video/7110585127016729862

I still watch the normal men innocent men clip in stony faced bemusement though

Terry Torpid

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 30, 2023, 10:55:25 AMHere he is operating Hacker

Cheers!

I'm glad he has a chair. I thought he might be crouching of standing on his knees or something.

Terry Torpid

I've thought of one that's bugged me for ages, from The Simpsons. "Mrs. Krabappel and Principal Skinner were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me!"

Does he mean Skinner's cock was pointed at him?

QDRPHNC

Another Simpsons one, the "Barton Fink" bit. Some have said the joke is a group of 10 year olds excited to see a slow-paced Coen Bros movie, I think there must be something in there to do with Bart and "fink" (old fashioned word for unpleasant person). Is it meant to sound like "Bart's a Fink"? Because it doesn't, especially how they accentuate the -on in Barton.

Spudgun

Quote from: Terry Torpid on January 30, 2023, 09:13:38 PMI've thought of one that's bugged me for ages, from The Simpsons. "Mrs. Krabappel and Principal Skinner were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me!"

Does he mean Skinner's cock was pointed at him?

No - I'm pretty sure that's just a joke on childish exaggeration. The tale gets progressively more outlandish with each retelling in that sequence, doesn't it? (I haven't seen it for ages.)

neveragain

Yeah, it's just Ralph's imagination getting the better of him.
Also, the Barton Fink one is purely because it's a film kids wouldn't enjoy. Perhaps a confusing choice since it contains a Bart.

idunnosomename

yeah it's pretty certainly intended that Ralph has heard they were "making babies" and he's taking it literally and imagining actual babies were immediately coming out of their cupboard liaison and being deluded he was there. great dialogue though


non capisco

Quote from: QDRPHNC on January 30, 2023, 09:26:45 PMAnother Simpsons one, the "Barton Fink" bit. Some have said the joke is a group of 10 year olds excited to see a slow-paced Coen Bros movie, I think there must be something in there to do with Bart and "fink" (old fashioned word for unpleasant person). Is it meant to sound like "Bart's a Fink"? Because it doesn't, especially how they accentuate the -on in Barton.

No, the joke is nothing more than they're going to sneak into an R-rated movie expecting that they'll be seeing something titillating and salacious and they've chosen Barton Fink. I love that bit.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: non capisco on January 30, 2023, 11:02:53 PMNo, the joke is nothing more than they're going to sneak into an R-rated movie expecting that they'll be seeing something titillating and salacious and they've chosen Barton Fink. I love that bit.

I could accept that if Bart's name wasn't part of it the title. I'm sure there were bigger artsy movies at the time that the same joke could gave worked for, but something with Bart in there has to have another angle to it.

Tags: