Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 24, 2024, 12:04:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster s18

Started by TheDevilPuppet, April 03, 2024, 10:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Spoiler alert
Hoping that JD is Jamie Demetriou, not Jack Dee. Also, Emma Sidi is very much comedy rather than just comedy-adjacent!
[close]

Spoiler alert
lol imagine if AZ is Alex Zane
[close]

TheDevilPuppet

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on May 13, 2024, 06:47:10 PM
Spoiler alert
Hoping that JD is Jamie Demetriou, not Jack Dee. Also, Emma Sidi is very much comedy rather than just comedy-adjacent!
[close]
Sorry - I know.  Poor phrasing.  I was trying to think of a quick way to suggest the non-standup, comedy actor each lineup has (Charlotte Richie, Katherine Parkinson, Steve Pemberton, etc)

The Lurker

Wait, is it filmed at Pinewood because

Spoiler alert
Babatunde posted on his Instagram story this morning of him driving to Pinewood Studios
[close]

Quote from: The Lurker on May 13, 2024, 07:22:03 PMWait, is it filmed at Pinewood because

Spoiler alert
Babatunde posted on his Instagram story this morning of him driving to Pinewood Studios
[close]

Yup!

Ron Superior

I really hope it isn't
Spoiler alert
Elliot Steele
[close]
fuck me, that'd be painful.

But in a more general way, @lankyguy95, how was it? Did it feel like a fun lineup? Hope you enjoyed it! And I'll be honest, after how unbelievably boring this series has been I'm hoping for a few exciting names in this next series.

typeforty

Come on,
Spoiler alert
RJ
[close]
is clearly
Spoiler alert
Raji James.
[close]

bobloblaw

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on May 13, 2024, 06:47:10 PM
Spoiler alert
Hoping that JD is Jamie Demetriou, not Jack Dee. Also, Emma Sidi is very much comedy rather than just comedy-adjacent!
[close]

Zaltzman and Dee would cancel each other out as token old man/Radio 4 quiz host

Which makes me worry about potential Alex Zane

There must be another female in the mix other than Emma - any JD potentials?

TheDevilPuppet

Quote from: bobloblaw on May 13, 2024, 07:55:24 PMZaltzman and Dee would cancel each other out as token old man/Radio 4 quiz host

Which makes me worry about potential Alex Zane

There must be another female in the mix other than Emma - any JD potentials?

Spoiler alert
Julia Davis as an absolute long shot
[close]

bobloblaw

Quote from: TheDevilPuppet on May 13, 2024, 08:13:08 PM
Spoiler alert
Julia Davis as an absolute long shot
[close]

Blow job/Pope likelihood

selectivememory

Come on lads, it's obvious who "JD" is:

Spoiler alert

[close]

Spoiler alert
JD could also be Jim Daly who played in that Taskmaster football match thing at the weekend
[close]

TheDevilPuppet

Quote from: bobloblaw on May 13, 2024, 07:55:24 PMZaltzman and Dee would cancel each other out as token old man/Radio 4 quiz host

Agreed, that line-up seems a little like the current one - no chaotic wildcard. 

Surely JD would work best on a line-up with a Helen Bauer or a Harriet Kelmsley type.

TheDevilPuppet

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on May 13, 2024, 08:28:25 PM
Spoiler alert
JD could also be Jim Daly who played in that Taskmaster football match thing at the weekend
[close]

If it is that would be the biggest "Who?" they ever had.

bobloblaw

Quote from: Steven88 on May 13, 2024, 06:16:18 PM
Spoiler alert
RJ = Rosie Jones?
[close]

Yes, wouldn't be surprised if C4 had leaned on Avalon to get them from the first series they had

FeederFan500

Spoiler alert
As one of his Tweets was used as a clue in a Taskmaster book RJ is clearly football journalist Richard Jolly
[close]

Spoiler alert
At least JD isn't Joel Dommett - he's doing a gig tonight
[close]

Jasha

ES could be

Spoiler alert
Emmanuel Sonubi?
[close]

BritishHobo

Quote from: typeforty on May 13, 2024, 07:51:49 PMCome on,
Spoiler alert
RJ
[close]
is clearly
Spoiler alert
Raji James.
[close]

Oh please. Please! Just imagine. He'd have to do an episode of the podcast!

dharmashark

I can only guess at 4 of them, only 1 of which I'm confident about:

Spoiler alert
  • AZ = Alex Zane?
  • BA = Babatunde Aléshé
  • ES = Emmanuel Sonubi?
  • RJ = Rhys James?
No idea who JD could be.
[close]

bigfatheart

Spoiler alert
I'd bet everything on AZ being Zaltzman rather than Zane, partly because Alex Zane seems to have not done anything comedic for a while - Wikipedia suggests he's very much a straight TV presenter, and no longer a 'face of Channel 4' as he once was so there'd be no reason to book him - but mostly because Andy Zaltzman seems like exactly the sort of comedian Alex Horne would get on very well with and would push through.
[close]

Mr Trumpet

Spoiler alert
Alex Zane is more the type they'd get for one of their New Year episodes.
[close]

bobloblaw

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on May 13, 2024, 08:53:56 PM
Spoiler alert
At least JD isn't Joel Dommett - he's doing a gig tonight
[close]

Phew. That would've been Howard/Stirling tier

crumblingman

Spoiler alert
Would some cunt just give us the names already? This isn't Reddit!
[close]

FeederFan500

Spoiler alert
Weirdly I quite like Joel Dommett, although I'd never make an effort to watch his standup or anything.

But he can laugh at himself on Pointless or something, and his book was amusing to me
[close]

TheDevilPuppet

Quote from: FeederFan500 on May 13, 2024, 09:33:19 PM
Spoiler alert
Weirdly I quite like Joel Dommett, although I'd never make an effort to watch his standup or anything.

But he can laugh at himself on Pointless or something, and his book was amusing to me
[close]

Quite - he'd be a good sport, hes not afraid to look a dick. 

bobloblaw

Quote from: TheDevilPuppet on May 13, 2024, 09:40:24 PMQuite - he'd be a good sport, hes not afraid to look a dick. 
Quote from: TheDevilPuppet on May 13, 2024, 09:40:24 PMQuite - he'd be a good sport, hes not afraid to look a dick. 
Quote from: TheDevilPuppet on May 13, 2024, 09:40:24 PMQuite - he'd be a good sport, hes not afraid to look a dick. 

Fair enough. Bit blindsided by the 'Mr Saturday Night' persona he's lucratively adopted

bobloblaw

Quote from: bobloblaw on May 13, 2024, 09:45:48 PMFair enough. Bit blindsided by the 'Mr Saturday Night' persona he's lucratively adopted
No idea why/how I triple quoted @TheDevilPuppet there

lankyguy95

Quote from: Ron Superior on May 13, 2024, 07:31:03 PMBut in a more general way, @lankyguy95, how was it? Did it feel like a fun lineup? Hope you enjoyed it! And I'll be honest, after how unbelievably boring this series has been I'm hoping for a few exciting names in this next series.
It's hard to get a feel for how these things will look in the cold light of a hacked-down edit, but it was a very fun recording with a particularly responsive audience, noted sincerely by Greg. Contestants all very likeable. I wasn't sure how good the group dynamic would be when they were announced, but there was no concern once recording began, with some early and good-natured keenness to engage with how others had done. I laughed out loud a bunch of times. A line from one contestant during a task became a relentless running joke for Greg who must genuinely have brought it up 25 times in the rest of the recording.

I too was at today's recording and agree with the above; was fairly unimpressed with the line-up when revealed but they gelled nicely and seems a good mix of characters. The tasks were decent, though the live task ended prematurely, which was always a risk given the set up. The contestants doing their tasks in costume is getting a bit tiresome.

Tags: