Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 18, 2024, 08:43:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster s18

Started by TheDevilPuppet, April 03, 2024, 10:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

Which contestant had the worst costume

TheDevilPuppet

Quote from: BritishHobo on May 13, 2024, 10:18:36 PMWhich contestant had the worst costume

AZ is probably in a fucking cricket uniform innhe?

Snrub

Can't believe HMS Beanspiller isn't spilling more beans tbh

Quote from: TheDevilPuppet on May 13, 2024, 10:40:46 PMAZ is probably in a fucking cricket uniform innhe?

If he was, it would at least be something connected with his day job. Another contestant's costume had no connection to anything and seemed to be worn in lieu of any discernible personality.

TheDevilPuppet

Another thing attendees; What's the house theme/Greg portrait this time?

The Mollusk

At the very least whoever the contestants may be I think we can all agree this is the worst series yet. Not funny, unimaginative tasks, the lot. In fact I can quite confidently say I HATE it.

Quote from: TheDevilPuppet on May 14, 2024, 06:33:51 AMAnother thing attendees; What's the house theme/Greg portrait this time?

Hmm, that completely passed me by; I think it was a napoleonic seafaring theme but I might be confusing that with another series?

Ron Superior

Quote from: The Mollusk on May 14, 2024, 07:29:30 AMAt the very least whoever the contestants may be I think we can all agree this is the worst series yet. Not funny, unimaginative tasks, the lot. In fact I can quite confidently say I HATE it.

I'd say other series have been worse: the Russell Howard series was probably the absolute low point for me, and the lockdown serieses were all a bit hampered, but there were extenuating circumstances and there were still some highlights such as Wozniak and Parkinson, but this series is definitely the most boring and it feels worse because I had high hopes for Nick Mohammed being the livewire and I really like Steve Pemberton but i feared he'd be a bit nice and reserved and that's exactly what he has been, but with added shit puns. I thought this episode he finally started loosening up and coming out of himself a bit, but the series is a total lost cause by this point. Almost entirely shit tasks, and in previous series they could have still drawn some fun out of them, but it's just been an absolute slog and a real bummer. Not even John Robbins not being as irritating as I feared he'd be could save it cos instead he was just, ugh, fine.

Sophie is by far the highlight for me, she's been loads of fun.

And none of my guesses for who's on the next series are putting my mind at ease that it will be much of a turnaround. I hope I'm wrong though cos I love the show so much and last series was one of the best ever.

Twilkes

I don't know if this is universal or forum specific, but:


The Mollusk

Quote from: Ron Superior on May 14, 2024, 09:00:41 AMI'd say other series have been worse: the Russell Howard series was probably the absolute low point for me, and the lockdown serieses were all a bit hampered, but there were extenuating circumstances and there were still some highlights such as Wozniak and Parkinson, but this series is definitely the most boring and it feels worse because I had high hopes for Nick Mohammed being the livewire and I really like Steve Pemberton but i feared he'd be a bit nice and reserved and that's exactly what he has been, but with added shit puns. I thought this episode he finally started loosening up and coming out of himself a bit, but the series is a total lost cause by this point. Almost entirely shit tasks, and in previous series they could have still drawn some fun out of them, but it's just been an absolute slog and a real bummer. Not even John Robbins not being as irritating as I feared he'd be could save it cos instead he was just, ugh, fine.

Sophie is by far the highlight for me, she's been loads of fun.

And none of my guesses for who's on the next series are putting my mind at ease that it will be much of a turnaround. I hope I'm wrong though cos I love the show so much and last series was one of the best ever.

Wrong thread pal 😉

Ron Superior

Haha yeah sorry, see I even gave up reading the s17 thread cos this whole series has bored me so much. I just came on here to see if next series is likely to be better but just started banging on about how boring this series is. And now I'm doing it again! Sorry, no more from me now, promise.

Rankersbo

Quote from: The Mollusk on May 14, 2024, 07:29:30 AMAt the very least whoever the contestants may be I think we can all agree this is the worst series yet. Not funny, unimaginative tasks, the lot. In fact I can quite confidently say I HATE it.

Doesn't surprise me. I can confidently say I will enjoy it particularly the contrast between the one who just went route one to win, with the one who never saw an episode and didn't have a clue

boinkboink

The line-ups have been revealed before. Now we're suddenly too coy for it? Just use the spoilers.

lankyguy95

Here you go

Spoiler alert
Andy Zaltzman
Babatunde Aléshé
Emma Sidi
Jack Dee
Rosie Jones
[close]

TheDevilPuppet

Quote from: lankyguy95 on May 14, 2024, 11:11:21 AMHere you go

Spoiler alert
Andy Zaltzman
Babatunde Aléshé
Emma Sidi
Jack Dee
Rosie Jones
[close]

Wow.  Fair play to them with seat 5.  Coming up with tasks is one thing, but the tweaking required to ensure everyone gets a fair crack this season must've been quite the undertaking.

SirDoris

Honestly looks like a decent and fun line-up. Seat 1's been the contestant that I've been quietly hoping for for a few years, just because I'm a fan of their other work and I quietly root for them to get bigger opportunities when they can. And if there's one thing Series 17 is missing, it's someone with the obvious crazy energy that Seat 5's comedy feels tailor made to provide, based on what I've seen/heard of their stuff.

bobloblaw

surprised that 1 and 4 are sharing a series but interested to see what each will bring.
Hope 4 doesn't pull a half-arsed Jo Brand-style effort - could see it going either way.

llambert

Very excited for seat 3, one from my wishlist that i thought  would take a few more series at least

BritishHobo

Same. Hope it's one of those where their appearance gives a proper boost to their popularity, definitely deserved.

TheDreamIsOver

I'm sure the reaction to seat 5 will be normal. Echoing the excitement for 3

itf

Quote from: TheDreamIsOver on May 14, 2024, 12:25:54 PMI'm sure the reaction to seat 5 will be normal. Echoing the excitement for 3

Presumably will change the nature of the tasks too. I can't say 5 would be my first choice but it'll be interesting to see how they adapt things.

TheDevilPuppet

Quote from: itf on May 14, 2024, 01:29:15 PMPresumably will change the nature of the tasks too. I can't say 5 would be my first choice but it'll be interesting to see how they adapt things.

It wouldn't surprise me if their inclusion  has been a while in the diary & so the task planning for this series has been ongoing for a few years.

neveragain

Is Andy Zaltzman pretty right-wing? Or am I thinking of another ginger comic with a baby-face? Funny crackly-squeaky voice. Who'm I thinking of?

DrGreggles

Quote from: neveragain on May 14, 2024, 02:58:34 PMIs Andy Zaltzman pretty right-wing? Or am I thinking of another ginger comic with a baby-face? Funny crackly-squeaky voice. Who'm I thinking of?

Carrot Top?

Quote from: neveragain on May 14, 2024, 02:58:34 PMIs Andy Zaltzman pretty right-wing? Or am I thinking of another ginger comic with a baby-face? Funny crackly-squeaky voice. Who'm I thinking of?

He definitely isn't.

Spoiler alert
Jack Dee is though! He was cosying up to the Free Speech Union and Andrew Doyle a couple of years ago. Though maybe he just dabbled in bananaism during the Covid years and has since seen sense.

Rosie Jones will be good on this. I'm enjoying series 17 on the whole but it needs a bit more chaotic energy which she'll surely deliver.

Zaltzman is one of the quickest, wittiest comedians I've ever seen in action. I've got no idea how that'll work on Taskmaster though - you could say the same about Lee Mack but he wasn't particularly memorable.
[close]

Twilkes

#85
Quote from: neveragain on May 14, 2024, 02:58:34 PMIs AZ pretty right-wing? Or am I thinking of another ginger comic with a baby-face? Funny crackly-squeaky voice. Who'm I thinking of?

Andrew Lawrence?

neveragain


The Lurker

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 14, 2024, 03:13:46 PMCarrot Top?

Carrot Top definitely does not have a baby face. Or a normal face, for that matter.

KennyMonster

Quote from: neveragain on May 14, 2024, 02:58:34 PMIs Andy Zaltzman pretty right-wing? Or am I thinking of another ginger comic with a baby-face? Funny crackly-squeaky voice. Who'm I thinking of?

He definitely is, propping up the morally and politically bankrupt liberal elite as he does.

When truth is replaced by silence, the silence is a lie.

Twilkes

Quote from: KennyMonster on May 15, 2024, 09:40:17 AMHe definitely is, propping up the morally and politically bankrupt liberal elite as he does.

When truth is replaced by silence, the silence is a lie.

So what you're saying is, is that if you move your slips to point and covers, and the batsman nicks it, he's still out?

Tags: