Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 18, 2024, 10:06:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Lurch to the Right: Graham Linehan is a Huge Bigot

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 20, 2024, 10:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
156 tweets yesterday, each one a precious Father's Day memory to treasure for a lifetime

twosclues

Ungrateful talentless hack Daniel Radcliffe continues to receive his just desserts for his JK Rowling betrayal by winning a Tony award last night.

Pimhole

Quote from: twosclues on June 17, 2024, 12:54:17 PMUngrateful talentless hack Daniel Radcliffe continues to receive his just desserts for his JK Rowling betrayal by winning a Tony award last night.

And thanking Sonia Friedman in his speech. SUCK IT, LINEHAN.

Two hours of this pish

Law & Order: Social Media Unit
Graham Linehan IS Nipple Inspector Gareth Lenihan
Episode 254: Another One

idunnosomename

Joey Barton looks like "They're all just out of frame, laughing too" meme

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: extraordinary walnuts on June 17, 2024, 12:32:45 PM156 tweets yesterday, each one a precious Father's Day memory to treasure for a lifetime
If he's getting eight hours of sleep a night (which he isn't), that's 9 or 10 tweets an hour. Giving him six hours of sleep that's 8 or 9 tweets an hour. Now maybe he tweeted furiously all morning and spent the afternoon with his kids away from his phone. I hope he did, for their sakes.

Quote from: extraordinary walnuts on June 17, 2024, 10:49:36 PMLaw & Order: Social Media Unit
Graham Linehan IS Nipple Inspector Gareth Lenihan
Episode 254: Another One

[Disturbing Image]
Jesus Rotary Christ

Lipglossed

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 18, 2024, 01:03:39 AMNow maybe he tweeted furiously all morning and spent the afternoon with his kids away from his phone. I hope he did, for their sakes.
Poor kids. I think I'd rather he spent the day on his phone if I were them.

Sonny_Jim

TW:  Glinner being a doctor and talking about graphic details of surgery

Spoiler alert
QuoteNow we know with the detransistioner reports, all these women who've had to have hysterectomies in their mid-20s. People going into menopause, these young girls in their 20s and 30s going into menopause. They were told this terrible lie that they would change sex and become boys, and all they are are bearded ladies. You know what I mean? That's all it is. That's what the bearded lady at the fair was; it was a woman who had a huge amount of testosterone in her body. And now they're doing it deliberately to themselves. Their jawline changes, they grow hair on their face, but they also go into menopause.

That means incontinence, really painful itching, and older women get less sleep because of things like this. These kids are going into it when they thought they were going to become, in some cases, young gay men who would be accepted by other gay men.

Graham seemingly has a new career as a gyno, he seems to know so much about it!  Also goes into detail about vaginoplasty:

QuoteSome people are going to be crossing their legs now, but this is what a vaginoplasty is, right? They get the penis and invert it to create a fake vagina, okay? And the length of the penis becomes the depth of the vagina.

If you have a small one, then, yeah, that's what happened to Susie Green's son. Because they had him on puberty blockers for so long, his genitals didn't develop, so they weren't able to do the vaginoplasty. They had to take a piece from his colon and attach it to make it artificially long.

You hear report after report of people who've had these surgeries saying, "What do I do about the smell? How can I help this smell?" Because no one tells them the truth about what's going to happen. We all kind of go around in life thinking, "Oh, someone's in charge, right? It's too important; someone must be in charge."

No one's in charge. They're just letting these young girls cut their tits off. They're letting these men sterilize themselves. Some men cut off their penis or their testicles, and then they're online saying, "Why have I lost my sex drive?"

Is that weird? You cut your balls off. What did you think would happen?

Joey: Are the women getting hysterectomies as well as mastectomies? Mastectomy is the removal of the breast. Are they getting their wombs taken out when they're doing it?

Yes, because one of the things that testosterone does is it confuses the ovaries or the cervix, something like that, and that means they get diseased. So these women have to have a hysterectomy to get rid of this problem, or they'll die.

[close]

You can tell he must spend hours 'reading' about this stuff.

Old Pal Jon gets a mention:

QuoteOne of the people I really hate most in all this is, uh, sorry, is a journalist, John Ronson. He pretends he doesn't know. You could show him a photograph of a bloke with a full beard and say, "Well, that, you know, his name is Tina. Is this a man or a woman?" and he will pretend he doesn't know. He will refuse to answer.

Joey: But the thing is, deep down inside, he knows.

Exactly. I mean, the alternative is that John Ronson is one of the most stupid people who's ever lived, and he couldn't be that. So he's pretending not to know that these men are women, or he's just so entrenched that he can't afford to move his position.

Yeah, I guess so. But he's never really gone in on this.

Kankurette

And I take it Linehan never challenged Barton on his comments on women in football, or the way he treated Eniola Aluko. Because he's a coward.

Sorry, I know I'm hyper fixating but how can anyone with a brain believe Joey Barton cares about women's rights? When he blames feminists for his sons not being able to play football?

BennyHedgehog

Towards the end, Graham mounts a spirited (and uniformed "I know he brought a machine gun or something with him") defence of US retail outlet protector Kyle Rittenhouse.

It's like he's taking these glinner thread titles as directions on what to do next.

Kankurette

Kyle Rittenhouse, which has...what to do with trans people?

BennyHedgehog

Well, apparently, Graham used to believe everything the media told him but when Rittenhouse was found guilty, he saw black people who were shocked that Rittenhouse hadn't killed black people because that's what the media said!

Bloody media! It's just like their approach to trans people!

I dunno, he's some insane it's getting hard to parse

Here's his "Carl" Rittenhouse rant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sRByFGjV8k&t=6211s&ab_channel=CommonSensewithJoeyBarton

Beloved of Jo

Here Be Bananas
Quote from: Genitals LenihanIf you have a small one, then, yeah, that's what happened to Susie Green's daughter. Because they had her on puberty blockers for so long, her genitals didn't develop, so they weren't able to do the vaginoplasty. They had to take a piece from her colon and attach it to make it artificially long.
[close]

Yep, or part of the peritoneum, or a skin graft, or any number of things. Exactly the same as they do in treating stuff like congenital vaginal agenesis. If they're a particularly good surgeon like the one I saw, they can do far more with next to nothing.

I won't even bother with the usual 'smell' nonsense considering creeps like him like to dig up photos and experiences of people that are at most 6 months post-surgery.

God he's grotesque. Keep up your "research", big man. Make sure to save all the pictures!

Quote from: BennyHedgehog on June 18, 2024, 08:58:59 AMIt's like he's taking these glinner thread titles as directions on what to do next.
Vote for next title: "Intervention: The Return to Lucidity and Redemption of Graham Linehan".

BennyHedgehog

This actually made me laugh

The usual nonsense about graphic designer Terry Gilliam's adaptation of Into The Woods not getting on stage in the West End and having to slum it in Bath.

https://youtu.be/8sRByFGjV8k?si=8_QyizYBvTmS98Ho&t=2569

It's the bit about whether he went to see it in Bath after saying how incredible it would have been that got me

king_tubby

He could have gone to Bath and met up with his Scottish nationalist mate.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Glinner's shit (pun intended) takes on GRS stem entirely from one quack who performed GRS on trans folk at a time it was banned, didn't know what he was doing, and was pretty much a fucking butcher.

Rankersbo

Quote from: Kankurette on June 18, 2024, 08:56:52 AMAnd I take it Linehan never challenged Barton on his comments on women in football, or the way he treated Eniola Aluko. Because he's a coward.

Does he see it as women invading men's spaces or something.

idunnosomename

Quote from: king_tubby on June 18, 2024, 09:27:13 AMHe could have gone to Bath and met up with his Scottish nationalist mate.
I don't think he's met, or even videocalled Stu has he? Maybe for once I don't blame him for giving Bath a swerve

retsuza

Quote from: BennyHedgehog on June 18, 2024, 08:58:59 AMTowards the end, Graham mounts a spirited (and uniformed "I know he brought a machine gun or something with him") defence of US retail outlet protector Kyle Rittenhouse.

It's like he's taking these glinner thread titles as directions on what to do next.

I saw him the other day very confused about whether he should like Candace Owens, since she is saying what The Media are not saying, but she's also absurdly anti-Semitic. Politically, Graham is going in circles like a dog trying to find a comfy space to sit, he thinks as long as he doesn't attach himself to the most openly racist nazi freaks, he'll find a nice home among the exact same type of nazi freaks who're a little bit more subtle about it.
And you barely even need to obfuscate it at all, since he will give props to Carl of Swindon.

Graham believes in Maya Angelou's "when people tell you who they are, believe them" except he think it means if Tim Pool calls himself a "classical liberal" he takes that completely seriously.

Mindy Simmons

I was rewatching the SNL cold open mocking R. Kelly's tantrum of an interview with Gayle King in order to prove he totally wasn't a nonce
Spoiler alert
he's now serving 31 years in federal prison for sex trafficking and well, being a nonce. Which actually should've happened THE FIRST TIME a tape of him noncing appeared ffs
[close]
and thought how "God, this is Glinner except he's trying to prove trans people are bad and flailing like Kelly every time he fails."

To be absolutely clear: not accusing Graham of sex trafficking or anything. Just looking like a fucking stupid cunt every time he goes on TV.

damien

It's the free speech event in Dublin today. The venue seems to be undisclosed until show time.

Interesting thread about who's running the event here

https://x.com/doncor_leonie/status/1802856014674550875?s=46&t=bJOqpCuQneT7ju08y55VSA

BennyHedgehog

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 18, 2024, 10:56:35 AMI don't think he's met, or even videocalled Stu has he? Maybe for once I don't blame him for giving Bath a swerve

They've written articles for each other's shitty blogs and been poker pals for around 5 years IIRC

They may have meet in IRL but they haven't used it for content

George White

Quote from: Mx Wrongs on June 14, 2024, 12:02:39 PM

Graham's dad was very close to the church, devoted, attending daily come rain or shine, succumbed to the allure of Our Lord.
O/T but that clip of Tony Walsh singing on the Late Late Show unmuted or whatever that picture is taken from is one of my TV Holy Grails.
The real influence for the 3 Elvises.

Kankurette

So in other words, more astroturf crap funded by American conservative Christian money.

phantom_power

It seems to be a common thing among these right wingers to not be very clever, both in terms of using logical deduction to formulate opinions, and to be able to use emotional intelligence to have any sort of empathy with people

Mx Wrongs

Quote from: Kankurette on June 18, 2024, 11:55:05 AMSo in other words, more astroturf crap funded by American conservative Christian money.

Almost literally (though we can be fairly confident that it's actually literally).

The one on the right (right hand side, I mean) is one of Free Speech Ireland's founders as a slightly younger man.

TommyTurnips

Quote from: damien on June 18, 2024, 11:26:09 AMIt's the free speech event in Dublin today. The venue seems to be undisclosed until show time.

Interesting thread about who's running the event here

https://x.com/doncor_leonie/status/1802856014674550875?s=46&t=bJOqpCuQneT7ju08y55VSA

Underneath that tweet it says:

QuoteWho can reply?
Accounts @Doncor_Leonie follows or mentioned can reply

So... not really free speech then haha.

Kankurette

I'm guessing, given her bio, that she's using that status because she'll get brigaded by TERFs and their far right friends. I do the same on Twitter when I mention people like Barton or Tate because if I don't, their fans will come for me.

RicoMNKN

Quote from: Kankurette on June 18, 2024, 08:56:52 AMAnd I take it Linehan never challenged Barton on his comments on women in football

At 1.46 if you want to see him defending female commentators
https://youtu.be/8sRByFGjV8k?t=6412
"Yeah, sure."

I did enjoy watching Joey talking at him about vaccines for about 10 minutes whilst he sat there looking disinterested. That's how you do an interview! Though he did manage to get a word in edgeways and state this bullshit as if it was true, which was nice.

15 episodes in, Joey has not yet had a female guest.

Mx Wrongs

Graham tells us he's fed up saying there's two sexes, "it's a nightmare" he says. "I'm hoping it'll start to come out on its own"

He's feeling utterly defeated at this point, isn't he?

ETA: thanks people for trawling that two-hour runny-shiteathon and guiding us to the solid bits of stool.

Tags: