Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 12, 2024, 06:40:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sausage Party: Foodtopia!

Started by madhair60, June 11, 2024, 05:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

fantastic news to all fans of the hilarious (not to mention outrageous) Seth Rogen animated comedy Sausage Party - we're finally getting a second helping! hope you left room for dessert because those freaky foods are back and as wacky as ever in this eight-part television event from Amazon. with the naughtiness turned up to 11, Sausage Party: Foodtopia makes the original look like an amuse bouche. check out the hilarious first trailer here:

lazyhour

Why not just make 10 naughtier?

g0m

I'm pretty sure this is just going to be a polite movie, and all the characters will act reverently.

edit: holy fukc

wobinidan

That just looks like a lame rip-off of a much better movie.

g0m

You can tell they put a lot of love into this project because they put the wrong name in the title of the youtube trailer

The Bumlord

I look forward to the YouTube reaction 'shocked' thumbnail faces

Famous Mortimer

Someone should tell the producers that sausages look a bit like willies. Could really be the thing to push this over the edge into comic classic territory.

lazyhour

Joking aside, Sausage Party is probably my favourite comedy film, so I'm actually quite intrigued to see if this series can live up to the movie. They can't always get away with the same stuff on TV as you can in a feature film, but let's see!

idunnosomename

Rare sighting of an animated cloaca

dissolute ocelot

Nice topical Desert Storm reference. What do sausages eat?

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on June 11, 2024, 06:14:18 PMSomeone should tell the producers that sausages look a bit like willies. Could really be the thing to push this over the edge into comic classic territory.

and what does that sausage go in?

That's right, a vagina

dontpaintyourteeth

madhair60

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Seth Wrongun

Edit: if this counts as libel i will delete it

Ron Superior

Imagine if they went to Scotland in this film. They could have a talking haggis!

Noodle Lizard

They really are spoiling us now.

lazyhour

OK, it's really sunk in that this is happening now. Feels like a bit of a buzz is building up.

I'm thinking forum watchalong? I guess we should all rewatch the original movie to catch up with the characters and main plot points?

g0m

Quote from: lazyhour on June 11, 2024, 11:19:57 PMOK, it's really sunk in that this is happening now. Feels like a bit of a buzz is building up.

I'm thinking forum watchalong? I guess we should all rewatch the original movie to catch up with the characters and main plot points?

Sounds great! I'll be there :)

Jerzy Bondov

I'm actually not a fan of the original film. I know the CaB hivemind loves it but I never saw the appeal. However, this trailer has me cautiously interested. I'm especially a fan of the decision to make it into a series. I think it could be really, really good.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on June 12, 2024, 09:14:44 AMI'm actually not a fan of the original film. I know the CaB hivemind loves it but I never saw the appeal. However, this trailer has me cautiously interested. I'm especially a fan of the decision to make it into a series. I think it could be really, really good.

I didn't know the CaB hivemind loved it but I fucking hated the movie, and posted this back in 2016:

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 27, 2016, 08:05:52 PMThis is one of the worst films I've ever watched, a rancid piece of decaying shit that is painful to watch. It's cuntishly racist, and it's one joke is that the characters say fuck a lot. There's no wit, imagination or inventiveness in sight, it's lazy and predictable throughout and I can't understand the praise it's getting the slightest. I used to have mixed thoughts about Rogen (I liked Observe and Report and This Is The End at least) but I think he's a cunt of the highest order for making this.

To those who genuinely like the movie, have I misread or misunderstood the film in some way?

lazyhour

It's just great! I think most of CaB agrees with us.

BritishHobo

I thought I did like it, but apparently not:

Quote from: BritishHobo on September 11, 2016, 01:12:39 AMEverything you'd expect from the trailer and less.

Explains why the trailer for this one has left me completely cold.

bobloblaw

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 13, 2024, 08:29:38 PMI didn't know the CaB hivemind loved it but I fucking hated the movie, and posted this back in 2016:

To those who genuinely like the movie, have I misread or misunderstood the film in some way?

I have time for Rogen in some things but this was one-joke dogshit. Can't believe there's anything left in the tank for a series

lazyhour

As Ricky Gervais would say... Keep watching :-)

dissolute ocelot

Pixar have made so many weak copies of Pixar movies, I don't see any need for doing it with added racism and dick jokes. But maybe that's because I prefer Mattessons smoked sausage to frankfurters.

Tags: