Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 18, 2024, 08:43:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Adam Buxton Podcast Thread II: You're MAI WAIF now

Started by Phil_A, March 05, 2021, 11:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yesitis

Am I just pulling this right out of my arse, or did Jon once post on here yeeaaars ago in a thread about one of his radio 4 shows?

Jack Shaftoe

Quote from: madhair60 on June 02, 2024, 08:56:48 AMthis is the most offended I've ever been actually
If it helps, I really really made myself laugh as I wrote that.

madhair60

Quote from: yesitis on June 02, 2024, 09:08:07 AMAm I just pulling this right out of my arse, or did Jon once post on here yeeaaars ago in a thread about one of his radio 4 shows?

He did used to post a fair bit on the NOTBBC Book Forum years ago – although it was always about other people's work iirc.

Ferris

Quote from: popcorn on June 02, 2024, 04:31:33 AMWhat did they say about this thread?

Did they mention my posts?

Did Adam say he liked my posts?

Oh good lord, no. He hates your posts. Hates them.

We were laughing about how much better mine are just the other day on one of our many phonecalls and/or trips to the pub.

thugler

I enjoy Ronson's work. But find on podcasts he's an anecdote machine and having read all his stuff and seen a lot of him, i know all the anecdotes a mile off and there's not a lot there for me.

Icehaven

Quote from: thugler on June 02, 2024, 03:21:09 PMI enjoy Ronson's work. But find on podcasts he's an anecdote machine and having read all his stuff and seen a lot of him, i know all the anecdotes a mile off and there's not a lot there for me.

And we wonder why more Jon Ronsons don't come here. Oh hang on they do.

Seriously though that's partly why I decided against shelling out upwards of £30 for a ticket for his upcoming tour, it's based around the Psychopath Test because it's been 15 years, so despite supposedly being a 'fresh perspective' I'm still envisaging a lot of retreading of material given it was that long ago. Seems an odd choice given he's done so much else since, not least Things Fall Apart. I'd probably have gone if it was based on that.

MotherBlackCap

News for podcast fans....at the end of the Cardiff gig, Adam said that he would start posting new podcasts again in September.

beanheadmcginty

I'm delighted to hear my "halfway through the podcast" conspiracy theory is gaining traction

Icehaven

Has the halfway jingle ever appeared in a Joe/Louis/Travis bloke episode so it actually is a conversation between a geezer and his mate?

Ferris

Quote from: Icehaven on June 03, 2024, 12:15:30 PMHas the halfway jingle ever appeared in a Joe/Louis/Travis bloke episode so it actually is a conversation between a geezer and his mate?

Which one of them would be the geezer?

Icehaven

Quote from: Ferris on June 03, 2024, 01:43:00 PMWhich one of them would be the geezer?

It'd have to be a Travis bloke, none of the others qualify as geezers. Maybe that film director Gavin something as well? Although he was a bit posh too iirc. 

Thosworth

Quote from: Ferris on June 03, 2024, 01:43:00 PMWhich one of them would be the geezer?

Always catches me out that in the UK a geezer is a random person, or top bloke, whereas in the US it exclusively refers to a grumpy old man.

PaulTMA

Jon if you are reading this, please come and film my DJ set at Jam For Freedom AKA Dickheadfest, it'll be wicked

Rankersbo

I know someone has already tried this but:

We're halfway through the podcast
Oh no it's going really shite,
The conversation's flowing not
half as well as I thought that it might

Snrub

Oh there's such bad chemistry
I just can't get this guest to buy-in
There's shit chat and there's dull chat
It's like Parky's famous meeting with Meg Ryan

TheDevilPuppet

Guz Khan was the guest in Manchester and got Adam to ring Alex Horne and ask to be put on Taskmaster.  Alex said they'd love to have him.

TheDevilPuppet

The annual Adam & Joe ep is a live record again (but this time it's 2 shows on Dec 5th) - tickets to RFH members from today, general sale tomorrow

https://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whats-on/comedy/adam-joe-christmas-podcast-live-2024?eventId=996875

Tags: