Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,330
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:43:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dan Wootton Allegations (split topic)

Started by daf, July 15, 2023, 03:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daf

Quote from: Better Midlands on July 13, 2023, 05:41:36 PMDan Wootton has been trending all afternoon, mainly due to this thread

spoilered for length

[close]
-------------------------------
Quote from: Dr Rock on July 13, 2023, 05:56:55 PMOh the Met did nothing, what a surprise..
Quote from: Bently Sheds on July 14, 2023, 08:03:10 AMYesterday's PopBitch Mailout

Quote>> Sunburn <<
Sat on another great scoop

The Sun have been having a hell of a time trying to retrofit a public interest to their Huw Edwards story, pulling up any old incident of workplace misconduct they can find to pin on him now that the police are saying there's no evidence of any crime.

It's a shame they've put themselves in this position because if all they wanted was a story about a news broadcaster who has made life uncomfortable for colleagues by sending them "inappropriate messages", they have a really juicy one much closer to home. It will involve asking some difficult questions, but they have an excellent starting lead.

They should still have all of Dan Wootton's old HR files stashed away somewhere – so maybe they could start there? There's bullying allegations, NDAs - even a few pay-offs they could get the guys in finance to dredge back up. While they're doing that, they could look into why Wootton kept getting promoted while some of those who lodged complaints got sidelined.

Former colleagues seem perfectly willing to chat – but hey. We shouldn't be doing their job for them. Just start pulling at the thread. See what you find...

https://twitter.com/rubytrubes/status/1679240800310382593?t=hzdJXUSIcH4mGXZ9GnkbKA&s=19
Quote from: Blue Jam on July 14, 2023, 05:24:51 PM"Wootton" now trending on Twitter. Mic Wright has been inviting people to spill the tea For A Thing and it looks like he's got no shortage of takers:

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1679846099593330688

Prince Harry must be running out of popcorn.
Quote from: Better Midlands on July 15, 2023, 12:28:23 PMAnother new Dan Wootton accusation

https://twitter.com/KevSutherlandx/status/1679981718260838400?s=20

spoliered for length
[close]
Quote from: Dr Rock on July 15, 2023, 12:33:36 PMJesus Christ.
Quote from: Kankurette on July 15, 2023, 12:34:52 PMFucking HELL.

I'm sure GB News will just sweep it under the carpet though.
Quote from: lipsink on July 15, 2023, 12:59:36 PMShocked, I tell ya. Shocked by the possibility that Dan Wootton may be a horrible person offscreen too.
Quote from: Darles Chickens on July 15, 2023, 01:21:19 PMAccording to the Independent, Caroline Flack's ex-fiance, Andrew Brady, has history with Wootton, and was jailed for 4 months for accusing him of being a sex offender and comparing him to Harvey Weinstein.  No idea who he is, or whether he's a good person or not, but I wonder if he's about to be vindicated?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/dan-wootton-caroline-flack-harassment-brady-b2007960.html
Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 15, 2023, 01:27:51 PMYou can get jailed for calling someone a nonce? I thought false (if they are false) claims like that are typically potentially expensive civil issues?

QuoteJudge Richardson told Brady his attacks on Mr Wootton, a MailOnline columnist, had "everything to do with your craving for celebrity status and your irritation that the press were not in the least interested in your somewhat uninteresting life."

That's pretty sassy for a judge innit?
Quote from: MoreauVasz on July 15, 2023, 01:29:57 PMFunny that... The Old Bill choosing not to investigate a very well-connected right wing journalist.

Hold Wootton upside down by his ankles and all sorts of names are likely to come tumbling out of his pockets.
Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on July 15, 2023, 01:41:32 PMI'm just picturing that bit in the opening credits of Vic Reeves' Big Night Out!
Quote from: Blue Jam on July 15, 2023, 02:04:19 PMGB News CEO has locked down his twitter:

Quote from: daf on July 15, 2023, 02:21:13 PM
Quote from: MoreauVasz on July 15, 2023, 02:28:01 PMFirst question: "Mr Wootton, where did you first meet X?"

Second question: "And who introduced you?"

A month later, Britain either suspends the judiciary or becomes a Republic. Half the Spectator garden party guestlist would be in handcuffs.
Quote from: jobotic on July 15, 2023, 02:52:38 PMWe should ban all immigration from New Zealand as they are clearly all sex pests.

I believe that's how things work.
Quote from: Mr Banlon on July 15, 2023, 02:54:42 PMWootton is going to take way too many people down with him.
They're either gonna have to bite the bullet and do a damage limitation job, or just lie their way through it, saying it's a massive 'leftie' conspiracy.
It all depends on whether Murdoch is willing to throw him under the bus or not.

Kankurette

I can't wait for the mental gymnastics GB News will do to excuse this.

oggyraiding

As a teen my parents would get two Sunday papers - News Of The World, and The Times. I'd read NOTW, during Wootton's tenure as showbiz editor, and it'd be the most hateful bullshit, scurrilous rumours, shaming people's love lives, relationships, financial status. Fairly ghoulish. Not a surprise to learn Wootton is a piece of shit.

Buelligan

This isn't about Dan Wootton - it's about the British tabloids and the need to bring them down -

Dr Rock

Don't forget The Prophecy - this cunt's going to end up behind bars.

privatefriend

Shirley Ghostman should have been the end of his career really.

Genuinely thinking about getting a bottle of champagne in ready for the day this properly blows up on the news.

Dr Rock

The BBC aren't allowed to cover it until The Sun does, them's the rules.

JamesTC

Has Dan Wootton covered these allegations yet? These seem like they'd be the type of thing he'd be interested in reporting.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: Deskbound Cunt on July 15, 2023, 04:40:24 PMGenuinely thinking about getting a bottle of champagne in ready for the day this properly blows up on the news.

Same here and I haven't had booze in fully five years.

Blue Jam

Is there going to be a domino effect here with all the nasty right-wing journos having the skeletons yanked out of their closets?

#JeSuisHuw

lipsink

I mean, if you'd done a horrific bad thing like what he's been accused of you would wind your neck in a bit and keep a low profile.

You wouldn't be fronting a fucking news channel making wild accusations about other folk when you've got that skeleton in your closet.

It's all accusations at this point obviously.

Barry Admin

Ahhh nice one thanks.

I split off the other thread, but it was a shit job as I'm exhausted and couldn't face reading three pages of stuff lol.  So I've remerged the split thread with its original one.

touchingcloth

No idea who the guy is, but was intrigued by and visited the site in the screenshot, and

Lol. Imagine your site being so dogshit that someone else has made a tool to undogshittify it.

machotrouts

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 15, 2023, 01:27:51 PMThat's pretty sassy for a judge innit?

All judges talk like that. Most annoying people on the planet. Fake job for failed comedians

GB News presenter Bev Turner:

https://www.politicalite.com/media/exclusive-rent-boy-who-made-allegations-against-dan-wootton-was-jailed-in-90k-blackmail-plot/

The article linked appears to be about the crime the accuser already referenced in their original statement

MoreauVasz

Lad admitted as much but he was done for extortion not slander.

If you rape a 15 year-old and the 15 year-old goes 'give me £10k or I'll go to the papers' they can be done for trying to extort money. That doesn't mean that the rape didn't happen in the first place.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Better Midlands on July 16, 2023, 08:09:28 AMhttps://www.politicalite.com/media/exclusive-rent-boy-who-made-allegations-against-dan-wootton-was-jailed-in-90k-blackmail-plot/

The article linked appears to be about the crime the accuser already referenced in their original statement

That article is atrocious - "rent boy", "grassed on his own mother"

Quote from: MoreauVasz on July 16, 2023, 08:17:15 AMLad admitted as much but he was done for extortion not slander.

If you rape a 15 year-old and the 15 year-old goes 'give me £10k or I'll go to the papers' they can be done for trying to extort money. That doesn't mean that the rape didn't happen in the first place.

I think you need to read the article - parts of it would be easy to substantiate i.e. dealing with police, other alias etc...

jobotic

It's legal to rape criminals now?

Oh fair play then Dan, you carry on.

dontpaintyourteeth

I thought it was Beverley Turner's husband that had a brain injury

Kankurette

Quote from: machotrouts on July 16, 2023, 07:57:30 AMAll judges talk like that. Most annoying people on the planet. Fake job for failed comedians

I really like sarcasm and deprecation delivered in that deadpan and formal manner.

GB News comedian/presenter Leo Kearse weighs in and links to the same article as Bev Turner.

BlodwynPig

TrenterPercenter

dontpaintyourteeth

dontpaintyourteeth

Kankurette

People accuse the GB News presenters of being tinfoil hat-wearing far right conspiracy theorists because they kind of are. Fucking hell, it's so bloody typical that my team's manager ended up in hospital with COVID complications and yet Fox is an antivaxxer scumbag and never once gets ill.

As for getting angry about grooming gangs when you've got a literal rapist on your show...that's some impressive cognitive dissonance. Rape is bad when Pakistani taxi drivers do it but fine when conservative journalists do it. The fact they're all defending him and acting like it's a leftie conspiracy is so predictable. And the 'curdling of democracy' is being done by the very government these people support.