Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:15:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Dan Wootton Allegations (split topic)

Started by daf, July 15, 2023, 03:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipsink

I mean, Wootton must be fucked, no? These things don't tend to go away.  You have a few GB News presenters backing him with the odd tweet (which feel a bit reluctant from them, almost as if their bosses told them to say something) but I can imagine them all dropping the cunt when they start to feel it's tainting them.

Dr Rock

Subscribe to about 40 YT channels and there shouldn't be an inch for GB recommendation to creep through.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Pranet on July 17, 2023, 12:13:18 PMit is concerning that the algorithm pushes right wing media.

I don't seem to get it as bad as a lot of people with similar politics do, it doesn't seem to actively push shitty right-wing orgs or commentators at me, but I did fall asleep listening to an episode of Chapo and woke up to find it was in the middle of a 90 minute Trump speech. What worries me about that is the algorithm might be self-fulfilling in the sense it recommends me some junk when I'm asleep then decides to shovel more of the same at me because I didn't actively stop it.

As it stands, it seems to be trying to groom me into becoming the next techmoan.

oggyraiding

My YouTube front page is mostly Gen Z folks reacting to internet drama, particularly the Colleen Ballinger apology. A damning idictment of what rabbit holes I go down.

The YouTube Music app algorithm is also a bit shit. If I leave it to autoplay, it won't play new stuff similar to stuff I listen to, just stuff I've listened to before. I left it on all day and it played Aneka's Japanese Boy like 4 times yesterday it's driving me nuts.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: oggyraiding on July 17, 2023, 02:01:20 PMMy YouTube front page is mostly Gen Z folks reacting to internet drama, particularly the Colleen Ballinger apology. A damning idictment of what rabbit holes I go down.

The YouTube Music app algorithm is also a bit shit. If I leave it to autoplay, it won't play new stuff similar to stuff I listen to, just stuff I've listened to before. I left it on all day and it played Aneka's Japanese Boy like 4 times yesterday it's driving me nuts.

Extra annoying because Google Music had a pretty decent 'instant mix' feature.

Toki

Quote from: oggyraiding on July 17, 2023, 02:01:20 PMMy YouTube front page is mostly Gen Z folks reacting to internet drama, particularly the Colleen Ballinger apology. A damning idictment of what rabbit holes I go down.

Oh God, I've been recommended this shit too. I had absolutely no idea who she was but YouTube really wants me to think 'it's not an apology, it's a denial of responsibility.' I hate having opinions on things I'd much rather be disinterested in. Dammit, no, I AM disinterested, I AM.

Dan Wootton take note and get your ukulele out.

Hank_Kingsley

QuoteDear Hank,

Thank you for raising this.

For legal reasons we are unable to comment, but you might find this article helpful:

https://www.politicalite.com/media/exclusive-rent-boy-who-made-allegations-against-dan-wootton-was-jailed-in-90k-blackmail-plot/

Dan is back from his holiday and will present his show as usual tonight.

In the meantime, I'd like to thank you for watching GB News, your contribution and support is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Anna

So this is in response to an unhinged email I sent as a 'loyal' GB News viewer complaining about Wootton.

Leaning in to the smears I see, what sort of shit does this Kiwi psychopath have on everyone??

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Also my YouTube recommendations are mostly videos of cute dogs being amusing, so for me the algorithm is spot-on.

Kankurette

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 17, 2023, 03:14:32 PMAlso my YouTube recommendations are mostly videos of cute dogs being amusing, so for me the algorithm is spot-on.
I get cats. And the Hoof GP - Trenter is also a fan.

Pink Gregory

only thing that ever made my recommendations suspicious was videos of the music of the band Tool

All eyes on GBN at 9pm tonight to see if he's presenting.

lipsink

Anyone with teeth that white is definitely hiding something.

Blue Jam

MoreauVasz

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 17, 2023, 03:14:32 PMAlso my YouTube recommendations are mostly videos of cute dogs being amusing, so for me the algorithm is spot-on.

Taiwanese baseball cheerleaders for me, though Instagram is loads more interesting because of how random it seems to be: One day it's an utter sewer, then it's wholesome, then it decides I am a raver.

Mr Banlon

If he does a Budd Dwyer I'll tune in.

jobotic

idunnosomename

Quote from: lipsink on July 17, 2023, 05:59:34 PMAnyone with teeth that white is definitely hiding something.
there was a thing I saw once "put a train ticket in your mouth to look like an American" (the white card on the back above the magnetic strip) and he looks exactly like that

Captain Z

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 17, 2023, 08:34:32 PM"put a train ticket in your mouth to look like an American"

Cos if you want the best 'uns...

king_tubby

imitationleather

I was flicking through the news channels while in a hotel at the weekend and when I passed GB News I was astounded to see that Michael Walker from Novara was a guest on Lee Anderson's show. WTF?

Kankurette

Isn't Bastiani on there all the time as well?

idunnosomename

i'd be more inclined to comment on the cheapo guff-sticks

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 17, 2023, 10:03:12 PMi'd be more inclined to comment on the cheapo guff-sticks

I just assumed his mam bought him those.

idunnosomename

I think Darren still lives with his mum in Durham? he made a big point about that the first time GB News laid him off late last year. then he crawled back onto GB News for some reason

Dr Rock

So we should discount detailed rape allegations because the victim once did a sting on some paedoes by saying he was underage, then extorting them to keep the details quiet. Quite a neat sting all round, and has little to no bearing on credible rape allegations. If it went to court are they even allowed to bring up the extortion racket? I'm not a doctor of law.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Kankurette on July 17, 2023, 09:45:35 PMIsn't Bastiani on there all the time as well?

I deffo got a sensationalist youtube recommendation where he supposedly DESTROY/talked the youngish blond firmer-apprentice-winner presenter round to his way of thinking (didn't watch it).

He also does stuff for unheard under the 'changing hearts and minds' excuse.

Is Grace Blakeley still the left-wing ballast on a round-table of several several right-wing cunts on some Talk TV show?