Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:34:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

UFO hearings at Congress

Started by ajsmith2, July 26, 2023, 04:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Video Game Fan 2000

i need to know what was on Hunter Biden's isolinear rod

Gurke and Hare

Will they find out whether aliens are woke?

steve98

Funny how this space-related stuff is happening just as SPACEy is acquitted (On his birthday.)

dr beat

Mr Farenheit

Sunak should get on to this over here, full debate in parliament and a white paper. Could be a vote winner for the GE along with complaining about Nigel Farage getting a raw deal from his exclusive millionaires bank.

jobotic

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on July 27, 2023, 07:05:40 AMSunak should get on to this over here, full debate in parliament and a white paper. Could be a vote winner for the GE along with complaining about Nigel Farage getting a raw deal from his exclusive millionaires bank.
Start a war with the aliens. As long as they don't exist, there's no downside.

Fairly sure the guy who claims to have seen alien corpses is lying, but I'm sure the US government has a wide range of other disturbing corpses in secret facilities.

Alberon

Just shows how democracy is going down the shitter over there (not that here is any better). Launching ridiculous hearings like that would have been career-ending ten or fifteen years ago. Now, this is perfectly normal. The sort of thing scientists will point back at after the next Dark Age and ask how we couldn't have seen it coming.

Though there might be something in it. Republican Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell had his brain stolen mid-sentence.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jul/26/mitch-mcconnell-press-conference

spaghetamine

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss all this UFO stuff as ridiculous but I recognise that seems to be an unpopular view on this forum

badaids

If the UFOs are being heard at congress then surely they are being seen as well?

Unless they are invisible UFOs? They are Aliens, after all.

spaghetamine

https://github.com/richgel999/uap_resources

a useful link for those interested in the topic of UFO disclosure

Alberon

Quote from: spaghetamine on July 27, 2023, 12:32:39 PMI wouldn't be so quick to dismiss all this UFO stuff as ridiculous but I recognise that seems to be an unpopular view on this forum

It's a reasonable position to believe we're not the only intelligent civilisation active in the universe (or even, possibly, the Milky Way) right now.

But, much as I'd like to believe, there's no credible sighting out there. I've always been fascinated by UFOs, but it is always interessting how the vast majority (at least) always follow the concerns and beliefs of the day. In the fifties they came from planets in our Solar System and by the 70s they'd become pretty close to New Age mysticism, coming from higher planes of existence.

The black ops conspiracy theories thrive in the lack of proof of their existence, and always will.

To me the greatest mark against them being real aliens is the stupidity of their supposed actions. Buzzing aircraft in glowing ships when even with pretty much our technology level they could observe with much greater stealth. Generally reported actions of UFOs would be like us trying to observe an uncontacted tribe in the Amazon by hovering over the treetops in a Chinook helicopter ringed by spotlights.

Yesterday's farce provided no good evidence.

The Crumb

To be honest it would be pretty fucking depressing if it turns out they've been harvesting secret alien tech for years and we've still ended up with the world as is.

spaghetamine

Quote from: Alberon on July 27, 2023, 12:43:06 PMTo me the greatest mark against them being real aliens is the stupidity of their supposed actions. Buzzing aircraft in glowing ships when even with pretty much our technology level they could observe with much greater stealth. Generally reported actions of UFOs would be like us trying to observe an uncontacted tribe in the Amazon by hovering over the treetops in a Chinook helicopter ringed by spotlights.

there are tons of credible sightings IMO - plenty by airline pilots, military personnel, law enforcement, astronauts etc.

maybe they have no interest in being stealthy, surely this is a case of projecting human motivations onto an unexplained phenomena - if it's another intelligence interacting with us it could well be for reasons completely beyond our comprehension

I recognise that disclosure comes with its own issues and there is likely to be a large amount of disinformation mixed up with a few kernels of truth but I don't think for that reason the possibility that we've interacted with some kind of non-human intelligence should be dismissed outright

also for the record, I don't think it's a purely physical phenomena, it seems to have something to do with consciousness (yes I know that makes me sound like a wingnut)

spaghetamine

I saw one last year - was watching the night sky and saw what I thought was a satellite, suddenly it did a right angle turn and changed course, then it disappeared and reappeared in a different part of the sky but was no longer moving so it just looked like a star or planet, wasn't on any drugs at the time

Alberon

spaghetamine

I've seen plenty of drones in the sky before and it didn't move like that, the turn was incredibly abrupt and precise, no curvature to it at all

I'm also not sure how a drone would be able to disappear and then reappear in a different part of the sky (if indeed it was the same object) - not saying what I saw was an alien craft but it was definitely a UFO as I can't definitively identify what it was

Replies From View

Quote from: badaids on July 27, 2023, 12:34:36 PMIf the UFOs are being heard at congress then surely they are being seen as well?

Unless they are invisible UFOs? They are Aliens, after all.

What if they are just in the next room?

Alberon

Quote from: spaghetamine on July 27, 2023, 01:46:56 PMI've seen plenty of drones in the sky before and it didn't move like that, the turn was incredibly abrupt and precise, no curvature to it at all

I'm also not sure how a drone would be able to disappear and then reappear in a different part of the sky (if indeed it was the same object) - not saying what I saw was an alien craft but it was definitely a UFO as I can't definitively identify what it was

Yep, UFO doesn't mean alien spacecraft. It's why a lot of people try to use UAP instead, though in time that will come to mean alien spacecraft as well.

If what you saw was a drone maybe the turn would look more abrupt if the curve of the turn was hidden from you by moving partly towards or away from you as it turns. It would look much more abrupt from your viewpoint as you can't accurately judge its distance. As for disappearing, I'm assuming it was a point of light in the sky. It could simply have turned that light off.

shoulders

bgmnts

Quote from: spaghetamine on July 27, 2023, 01:46:56 PMI've seen plenty of drones in the sky before and it didn't move like that, the turn was incredibly abrupt and precise, no curvature to it at all

An incredibly aprubt and precise drone?

Video Game Fan 2000

i see loads of weird drones over the summer, they move weird and some have irregular blinking lights on them that turn off completely at intervals to make their movements see even more angular and strange than they actually are

my personal tinfoil speculation is that they're something to do with climate monitoring, upper atmosphere or imaging areas between the town and country side. there's an airport and a military base somewhere near here.

Quote from: bgmnts on July 27, 2023, 03:57:13 PMAn incredibly aprubt and precise drone?

some of us were paying £50 for cassettes described this way in 2007

JesusAndYourBush

I agree with the guy who said that it's absurd for us to assume that someone with the technology to travel all the way to Earth would only go and crash when they got here.

So have USA got alien craft locked away somewhere?  Have they fuck!  Willing to be proved wrong, but until they show us the ufo's I'll continue to believe it's bollocks.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on July 27, 2023, 04:50:00 PMI agree with the guy who said that it's absurd for us to assume that someone with the technology to travel all the way to Earth would only go and crash when they got here.

So have USA got alien craft locked away somewhere?  Have they fuck!  Willing to be proved wrong, but until they show us the ufo's I'll continue to believe it's bollocks.

we launch stuff that lands on other planets and crash, there are many problems with your position on possible crashes but I can't be bothered to spell them out, have a think about the assumptions needed for it to be right

Video Game Fan 2000

what if its a billion years old

Mr_Simnock

Ha, reminds me of that short story 'The Sentinel' that 2001 was sort of based on where they find that thing on the moon that is billions of years old.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on July 27, 2023, 05:19:26 PMwe launch stuff that lands on other planets and crash, there are many problems with your position on possible crashes but I can't be bothered to spell them out, have a think about the assumptions needed for it to be right

We've only gone to planets in out own solar system and we haven't developed interstellar travel yet. We're on such a primitive level compared to any possible aliens.  Any aliens coming here would have gone through our level of technology a long time ago before progressing to anything that could travel beyond their own solar system. We're just playing with lego compared to anything they (if they exist) would have to have done to get here.

Also "We have UFO's but you can't see them" is like the kid who had a video of the ET sequel but you can't see it because it's in the loft.  Until they show us the UFO's they have no credibility.