Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:27:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

UFO hearings at Congress

Started by ajsmith2, July 26, 2023, 04:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

cromby

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on July 27, 2023, 09:25:44 PMThis video was interesting I thought, 30 mins of clear UFO footage. Ok a lot of questionable clips here but there's some very credible shots, especially of cigar shaped craft or the round ones from air force footage. Maybe spin to the "most replayed" parts to see the best clips.

Still not sure where I stand on SpOoKy StUfF (my heart wants to believe, my head doesn't, I think), but I hate when dyed-in-the-wool skeptics trot this line out. There's plenty of clear footage of unidentified aerial phenomena; whether it's aliens is another thing, but all the governments in the world will tell you there's video evidence of weirdness in the skies.

Replies From View

Get the Corridor Crew on their asses

Jack Shaftoe

I'm all in on vehicles of alien origin zipping around the planet, freaking out air traffic controllers and commercial pilots, although they don't have to come from space, I'm happy with the 'huge undersea craft off the coast of the US manufacturing drones for various purposes' explanation, that works for me. I mean the huge undersea craft had to come from space originally, obviously.

I did think it was funny people were being sniffy about this theory that a UFO crashed in Italy in the Thirties and was then brought to the US by the government. 'Mad theories about WW2 UFOs and the Vatican!' Well, yeah, if these things have been around for ages, which they probably have, they would also have been around in the Thirties, and the Vatican was a powerful force in Italy at the time, so they probably had to be involved somehow.

I dunno, I'm just perfectly happy to accept that there's some really weird shit going on that the authorities don't want us to know about, without them necessarily being behind it, although I also watch YouTube compilations of ghosts and am quite happy to believe there's something in them as well, without it affecting my day to day existence all that much.

I have some thoughts on UFOs and waterspouts as well, but I'll keep them for another time.

Replies From View

when wizard of oz goes from sepia to colour, that's because aliens arrived on earth for the first time at that exact moment when it was being filmed

Proactive

Quote from: Replies From View on July 28, 2023, 06:10:30 AMGet the Corridor Crew on their asses
Incredible how they debunked that earlier tranche of videos with such ease and yet people still trot them out as valid examples.

Alberon

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on July 27, 2023, 09:25:44 PM

Some interesting clips. Some that are obviously birds, drones or balloons zipping past. There's also the persistent problem of when you zoom into something (and maybe sharpen it with software) that you end up looking at a video artifact more than the actual object. Or if you zoom into a point of light at night you might end up with a diamond shape that is actually an artifact of the camera being used.

I found the one of the apparent meteor changing course mid-burn up to be interesting. That could be genuine while still being a natural chunk of rock.

Problem is these days they are so easy to fake. That shot of massive ships (and on that scale they would have been) going around the moon for instance.

Replies From View

Quote from: Proactive on July 28, 2023, 08:20:51 AMIncredible how they debunked that earlier tranche of videos with such ease and yet people still trot them out as valid examples.

I have a friend who scoffs openly about the bokeh debunk.  "It's been proven not to be bokeh" he says, because he deems people who support his UFO beliefs to be bigger experts in their field than camera experts.

jobotic

Is there a crime more sickening than pandering?

Mr Farenheit

Why don't the aliens ever land? They've come all these lightyears to get here, they're not curious?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I believe in aliems
Wish they would come interfere with me

bgmnts

Shock outcome: alien sightings just probably secret military tests.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68515515

But then, that's just what they want us to think....

Alberon

RottonRaddish

If aliens don't exist then who the hell has been going around probing the bottoms of rednecks?

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: RottonRaddish on March 08, 2024, 09:55:29 PMIf aliens don't exist then who the hell has been going around probing the bottoms of rednecks?

we've known this since reddit has existed: john travolta

or "purple acty" as they call him in LA

touchingcloth

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on March 08, 2024, 10:04:11 PMwe've known this since reddit has existed: john travolta

or "purple acty" as they call him in LA

Purple Aki

Pranet

As an aside, I am currently reading a book that explains the philosophy of Epictetus and also has extracts of his work. Yes I am very clever, thank you.

It is with a proper publisher and everything.

Anyway, randomly the editor in one of his footnotes says yeah UFOs are definitely real it is a government cover up.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Pranet on March 09, 2024, 12:14:21 PMEpictetus

Never heard of him but GIS is illuminating about his thoughts, the dirty old bullock

Glebe

Quote from: bgmnts on March 08, 2024, 04:57:19 PMShock outcome: alien sightings just probably secret military tests.

Quote from: bgmnts on March 08, 2024, 04:57:19 PMBut then, that's just what they want us to think....

touchingcloth

Is it possible to hear a UFO? If the aliens haven't managed to produce quiet engines then what's even the point of the fucking green pricks?

Glebe

spaghetamine

ah yes, the famously trustworthy US government

Video Game Fan 2000

its funny how official ufo stuff has always coincided with periods where the us government would have liked people to be vigilant about foreign spy balloons, light aircraft, drones, etc