Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:13:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Kieth Ligger

Started by Johnny Yesno, August 26, 2023, 03:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 02, 2023, 09:55:05 AMWell at least he's impressing 89 year old Republican senators!
https://twitter.com/ChuckGrassley/status/1697693257621442620

Lol was just coming on to post that. The big tent just keeps growing! (Exclusively and exponentially rightwards).

Goldentony

I confeeeeeesss I confeeeeeeeeeeeeesss, beautiful song

Goldentony

sorry its not the same bloke is it

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on September 02, 2023, 10:00:48 AMLol was just coming on to post that. The big tent just keeps growing! (Exclusively and exponentially rightwards).

He seems like a smart guy.

Sebastian Cobb

Nandy demoted lol

Part of me feels sorry for her as she was clearly just being sent out as a buffer to defend the latest shit idea coming from Kieth's office but then I remember she was quite happy to do that if it allowed her to climb the greasy pole.

Sebastian Cobb

Fambo Number Mive

I do find the approving tone the media has for reshuffles in general a bit weird. Surely reshuffling should only be a last resort as it means a lack of continuity. It gives the impression that all departments are the same and any minister can run any department, which is bollocks. Prime ministers should be made by the media to say why they had a reshuffle and why they choose these ministers to head up these departments, but journalists are too worry about making sure they don't annoy the party leaders so they might be considered for comms director.

It matters less in this case when everyone knows the results will be fucking awful regardless.

Sebastian Cobb

What's funny is their reshuffle news is managing to overshadow any attempts to attack Sunak over bungling the schools thing.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 04, 2023, 01:37:13 PMIt gives the impression that all departments are the same and any minister can run any department, which is bollocks.

News to the parties themselves, I'm sure.

Drafting memo's saying: "I'm afraid we can't afford that" across any governmental department.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 02, 2023, 09:55:05 AMWell at least he's impressing 89 year old Republican senators!
https://twitter.com/ChuckGrassley/status/1697693257621442620

Is there a political point where you can't go any more right? Like you can't go below absolute zero kelvin, and then there is Planck time, at what point can UK politics not go further right in the future is there some sort of ideological wall?

Sebastian Cobb

QuoteNothing works after 13 years of the Tories. Ministers have lost billions to fraud and error. It's time to embrace AI and tech to transform govt services.
https://twstalker.com/JonAshworth/status/1699728777776181421

Why are they like this? Why can't they take the bags of cash they're going to give to a snake oil salesman to deliver something that won't work instead of simply giving that money to the civil service so they have more resources to do their fucking jobs properly.

Johnny Yesno

The snake oil is fully costed.

Sebastian Cobb

Hello yes is that the fun police?

idunnosomename

Probably annoyed because they wouldnt let her take her baby in

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 10, 2023, 02:17:59 PMProbably annoyed because they wouldnt let her take her baby in

She's a landfill indie girl isn't she.

pierre boo-lez

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 10, 2023, 02:06:41 PMHello yes is that the fun police?

A local councillor went to check it out

QuoteIn a public Facebook post, councillor for the Upper Walthamstow ward Caramel Quin said: "Tonight [9th September] I'm sad to report that there's an illegal party in the recently closed Empire Cinema in Walthamstow (the cinema chain went bust). I picked up on it online, attended in person to check it was true, I even went inside to see for myself. There is damage inside. I have reported it to police and to the council's CCTV control room and basically done all the things that are possible at 1-2am. Police were on scene as I left."

Cllr Quin added: "I don't have a problem with people enjoying themselves but I am personally gutted to see young people – many of whom will be local and will have used the cinema – contributing to the damage."

What a fucking loser. I hate that kind of language, "picked up on it online" and "attended in person". Try talking like a human being, not an officious jobsworth who dearly wishes they had the power of arrest.

idunnosomename

CARAMEL QUIN?!

Get that out of a Cadburys Roses tin didya

pepperweasel

I've no time for Starmer, Creasy etc but surely a cinema being damaged is a bad thing and not a sign they're a bunch of killjoys?

Sebastian Cobb

Oh no a building that'll be sold or liquidated has some crap in it!

The raves I've been to never did bother to clean up but they did at least tend to re-seal the doors they'd busted into.

I generally hate littering, but given the fact these things tend to leave mess in the laps of big business and banks that are someway responsible for nightlife diminishing, I don't really care. I find outdoor free parties that don't clean up a bigger crime (and generally the more responsible organisers make a point of cleaning up).

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 10, 2023, 02:40:08 PMOh no a building that'll be sold or liquidated has some crap in it!

Exactly. If only they clutched their pearls as hard at the economic vandalism that caused the cinema chain to go bust in the first place.

jamiefairlie

Why won't someone just grasp the nettle and come right out with it.

Cllr Quin added: "I do have a problem with people enjoying themselves, especially young ones as they're  bunch of wee fannies and deserve to be kicked around for a laugh.

I reckon that'd be enough to win a respectable level of support and you don't need to lie anymore

Smouldering.

The perfect 'beady eyes, pursed lips & sour, pissed off expression' that voters instinctively warm to.

idunnosomename

is that real? if i reverse image search it I get literally nothing but bald old men's late period compilation covers

Petey Pate

Quote from: https://novaramedia.com/2023/09/11/rory-stewart-slams-keir-starmer-for-disgusting-treatment-of-jeremy-corbyn/Former Conservative MP Rory Stewart has said he thinks Keir Starmer was wrong to suspend Jeremy Corbyn, suggesting the Labour leader fears political challenge.

"I think it's disgusting he was thrown out of the Labour party [...] I mean, it's mad," he said in an interview with Novara Media contributing editor Ash Sarkar. "Jeremy Corbyn, whatever you think of him, is a major figure who represents a very significant part of Labour history and heritage."

[...]

Asked why he thinks Starmer suspended Corbyn, Stewart said: "I think he is running a very controlling business with about three or four people trying to micromanage the Labour party. I think he lacks confidence."

Stewart drew an analogy between how Starmer has treated Corbyn and how he was treated by Boris Johnson, who in September 2019 sacked 21 moderate Tory MPs – among them "two chancellors of the exchequer, six cabinet ministers [and] Winston Churchill's grandson" – for refusing to back his Brexit deal.

"I believe in politics as being about embracing difference and compromise and persuasion and conversations amongst different people," said Stewart. "I was proud to be in debates on Afghanistan with Jeremy Corbyn, I listened to him carefully."

Stewart added that he "really liked" Corbyn, whom he found "thoughtful" and "courteous", as well as being "much closer to being right about Afghanistan and Iraq than most of the Labour or Conservative parties."