Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:10:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trans people we admire

Started by George White, September 06, 2023, 05:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDanketies

Quote from: chip on September 06, 2023, 09:38:55 PMLovely thread idea. Seeing as Haela Ravenna Hunt-Hendrix has been mentioned, I will say Ashanti Mutinta, also known as Backxwash, who absolutely cooked at supersonic festival last weekend (and would recommend if you like hellish noise rap-type stuff).

Just listening to backxwash now - reminds me a lot of Moodie Black, who is also trans so is coincidentally suitable for this thread, when the album LUCAS ACID came out I thought it was one of the best ever

Red82

Famous-  I've always liked Paris Lees as she seems down to earth and a laugh.

Non- Famous - I unsuccessfully hit on a trans person once.

George White

F1NN5TER has indeed come out, and revealed they are genderfluid and are on HRT.

crispybacon

jsgibble

Astrid Rose, film critic and co-host of one of Sean McTiernan's podcasts, Live At The Death Factory.

Sean's podcasts are great generally but LATDF is probably my favourite. They cover 'scum cinema' - a mix of horror films and grim documentaries. Astrid's criticism is relentless in its resistance of pat explanations for why things are the way they are, and they have good chemistry in that regard - it has the comforting indulgence you want from a podcast without the false mateyness.

The episode about Penda's Fen is here: https://liveatthedeathfactory.libsyn.com/12-i-am-mud-and-flame

Kankurette

Is Xploshi trans? I love her YouTube horror videos.

tookish

What a lovely thread idea. A lot of the famous ones I'd mention have already been said.

Unfamous, there's just a whole load of my friends I'd move mountains for, who have accepted me at every turn, helped me navigate my confusion and ignorance in the beginning, and celebrate me as I continue to find myself.

If this is the right place for a story, when I was about nineteen and ridiculously unhappy, my friends dragged me to a fetish club night. I was completely overwhelmed by the spectacle and got groped by a stranger, so I fled to the smoking area. I was comforted by THE most beautiful fucking woman, who talked to me for two hours about her trans journey while I drunkenly sobbed on her about how I didn't want to be a girl. She told me not to live an unauthentic life for people who didn't care about my happiness. Don't even remember her name, but I quite literally owe her my life. Her patience and compassion and generosity opened the door for me to exist freely.

crispybacon

Have to admit I'd not heard of the majority of people in this thread - didn't notice this thread when it was first posted, but first heard of Hunter Schafer (mentioned a few posts up) a few days ago when she was amongst 50 people arrested at a pro Palestinian protest, disrupting Biden's appearance on Seth Meyers, I think. So a second shout out to her is deserved, I reckon.

Paul Calf

Must already have been mentioned, but Abigail Thorne is a top-class YouTuber. Her production skills are amazing and the content of the scripts is as good as I've seen anywhere else. Also, Planarwalk and Thought Slime.

I've detected a bit of heat against Thought Slime and I'm not sure why. They seem like a decent - if a little off-balance - sort to me.

George White

Quote from: crispybacon on March 03, 2024, 05:46:32 AMHave to admit I'd not heard of the majority of people in this thread - didn't notice this thread when it was first posted, but first heard of Hunter Schafer (mentioned a few posts up) a few days ago when she was amongst 50 people arrested at a pro Palestinian protest, disrupting Biden's appearance on Seth Meyers, I think. So a second shout out to her is deserved, I reckon.
She also does a great Eileen Kinnear impression.