Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,330
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:41:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

ALL NEW 2024 EXPLAIN US YOUR AVATAR THREAD

Started by Dex Sawash, February 02, 2024, 01:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vodkafone

It's a heyiya-if (actually a heyiya-if made of smaller heyiya-ifs). It's a key symbol from my favourite book, Always Coming Home by Ursula Le Guin, and symbolises a life spent not repeating the same things and not coming back to the same spiritual place, but always looking to change something. Sort of.

DJ Bob Hoskins

My username is a contraction of DJ Bob Hoskins Going Mental in a Dustbin, the fictitious musical artist mentioned in the 2001 Brass Eye special by Cookd & Bombd favourite Chris Morris.

As a whimsical flourish, I created an avatar to match my username, which invites the audience to imagine how comical it would look like if the real Bob Hoskins was a DJ (!)

It was lovingly cobbled together from the only two poxy images of Bob Hoskins wearing headphones I could gather from the entire fucking internet, using a variety of shonky free online image processing tools.

I think you'll all agree it's hilarious and well worth the time spent.

PS can anyone help make it look less shit please

Kankurette

It's former Sheffield Wednesday goalkeeper Kevin Pressman.

Famous Mortimer

John Holtman, one of the stars of legendary short documentary "Heavy Metal Parking Lot". You can see his delightful attempts to play a woman like a guitar at around the 10:30 mark, and if you can successfully decipher what's on his t-shirt, I'll give you...a tenner?

mjwilson

Main character from the ZX Spectrum game Starquake.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Poobum on February 02, 2024, 02:22:49 PM

About 2min 16 in.

Fantastic, the rest of you can fuck off with your shitty avatar chatter have nice avatars too

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Robert Fripp in one of his and Toyah's videos of song covers that they do on YouTube and that. I like his mad lil prog rock face.

Hidden the full pic behind a link as it may be mildly NSFW for Toyah reasons

Cuellar

famethrowa

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on February 02, 2024, 10:31:33 PMRobert Fripp in one of his and Toyah's videos of song covers that they do on YouTube and that. I like his mad lil prog rock face.

What up Fripp buddy... mine is Robert showing that no-one was immune to 80s big shoulder jackets

Ferris

Modified throughout the years of HS Art posting.

Mr_Simnock

How do you set your avatar? I use shipboard to post images- which works fine- but I keep getting rejected when I try a use it to set an avatar up.

Mr_Simnock

Dr Rock

70s pop goddess Noosha Fox. In a santa hat, which she wears all year round because that's supposed to be funny.

superthunderstingcar

The infamous Doctor Who Easter Egg from 1982 where, when you open the TARDIS door to reveal the Doctor, the Dalek's laser blast makes it look like he has a massive electric erection. And then the big cheesy grin on Peter Davison's face makes him seem (justifiably) proud of it.

This is a photo of the very battered but still extant one I own.

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on February 03, 2024, 12:19:16 PMI use imgur
I also.

Anagram of a Shit Name

I've just noticed that mine has disappeared. It used to be one of the best joys of life - a dog (actually my old dog) with his head out a car window as it drives along, ears flapping, loving life.

I will have to try and find the pic again.

Consignia

Did a Park Bo-young avatar from chrimbly-bobs a few years ago, and CBA changing afterwards.

ProvanFan

I only recently noticed someone else has the same as me. The username didn't give anything away, but I reckon they might be the actual Bunty Hoven.

Tony Tony Tony

Dex Sawash

jobotic

Bentpitch

TrenterPercenter

Anthropomorphised French bulldog using a phone, crying money and walking on its hind legs like a pair of Rory Calhoun's

Fambo Number Mive

TrenterPercenter

I think someone managed to backwards image search it once and said it was.  I just saw it thought it was so bizarre I'd have it as my avatar.

The Late Satoru Iwata

The late Satoru Iwata

but inexpertly muffed about with to look ethereal. doesn't really work.