Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:55:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Do you have any tattoos?

Started by The Mollusk, February 20, 2024, 02:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

Are you asking me? Well the answer is yes, I do have some tattoos. I've got three, all done by my friend who's been practicing for a while now and has got very good at it.

Boognish on my inside left forearm, just below the elbow.

Milk Man (sans text) on my left calf.

And this happy crow, which was designed by my ink-needling friend just for me, on my right thigh. I love crows.

I went 36 years without tattoos as I'd been umming and ahhing over the idea for ages and never committed, but once my mate told me he'd give me a couple for free I made the snap decision (first two). Paid £30 for the crow which is absolutely my favourite.

People are right when they say it's addictive. I think once I realised it was no hassle and not very painful at all (though I've not had any that cross any bones yet) I became a lot more open to it. Not sure if I'll get any more though as I'm not really into the idea of being covered in them, plus I'm very slender so it wouldn't suit me anyway. But then the thought of getting something daft like a loosely scrawled JUDAS PRIEST RULES somewhere on my person is pretty tempting.

What about you dude, you got any ink done bro? Got any tats? Sick sleeve brah?

GoblinAhFuckScary

got a twin peaks one (the owl cave symbol), a medieval fornasetti serpent (pictured), and a custom machine girl looking thing my pal did

no tattoos, no piercings. my body is a temple.

dontpaintyourteeth

chutnut

My mate recently went travelling around South America and basically got addicted to getting cheap tattoos while he was there, any old shit like pikachus and stuff

The Mollusk

madhair60

tookish

I've got four. One is very crap. But it is a lovely experience, I feel about it how some may feel about a massage. Nice to let go and have someone else be in charge.

thenoise

The Mollusk

Shaxberd

Yeah, quite a few, although most are in places usually hidden by clothing. My first tattoo was kind of shit so I decided to double down because one rubbish one doesn't stand out as much if you have a bunch of less rubbish ones.

My favourite one is my most recent (and most visible) one, a tardigrade on my forearm. It's fun how people either don't know what it is and are baffled, or do know what it is and are delighted.

bgmnts

Far too fat, and everyone has a tattoo nowadays so it doesn't interest me.

It is admirable to go through that much pain for art though.

Jack Shaftoe

Got a raven done on each wrist last year as part of a frankly excellent mid-life crisis, went to a party couple of nights ago, loads of university lecturers, every single one of them had a tattoo on at least one wrist. It was just like when I went to a Magnetic Fields concert a few years ago and it was all dudes dressed just like me in dark jeans and neatly-ironed floral shirts with a manbag and I realised 'oh no, I'm a demographic'.

They bloody hurt, those ravens, which came as a shock for some reason, but I do like them. Don't feel the need to get any more, though,

Ferris

Yes, two on my right shoulder. Ok cheers.

lauraxsynthesis

I get one every 5 years which apparently how long it takes to forget how painful it is and that I should never do it again.

Zero Gravitas

We call it ink, the proper way to ask is to say "Do you have any ink?"

Then you can respond with:

"Yeah, I've got a little ink, so what!?"

dead-ced-dead

Thinking about getting a tattoo soon. How much roughly are they cost wise? Depending on size and location, of course.

Jack Shaftoe

Think mine were two hundred quid for both - they're not huge, but quite detailed, so that felt about right to me.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on February 20, 2024, 03:35:10 PMThinking about getting a tattoo soon. How much roughly are they cost wise? Depending on size and location, of course.

(0.1046 * Area mm2 - 110.8) GBP

NOW HE'S GETTING A TATTOO YEAH HE'S GETTING INK DONE
HE ASKED FOR A 13 BUT THEY DONE A 31

Zero Gravitas

I've always wondered, is that also a Hitler thing?

Captain Z

Yes. In fact, the only non-Hitler numbers are 12 and 147.

jobotic

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on February 20, 2024, 03:33:23 PMWe call it ink, the proper way to ask is to say "Do you have any ink?"

Then you can respond with:

"Yeah, I've got a little ink, so what!?"

I've only just started saying "Bro, do you even lift?" and now this.

gilbertharding

There was a time when I thought it might be cool to get the Black Flag logo done on my puny deltoid muscle. I mean, I kind of like a few of their songs... but I thought that the completely Route One basicness of the tattoo would be kind of funny.

Or else I fancied getting a tattoo of the oily chainring mark you get on your leg sometimes when you're riding your bike, but not in an easily explicable place.

I currently have no ink at all.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on February 20, 2024, 03:33:23 PMWe call it ink, the proper way to ask is to say "Do you have any ink?"

Quote from: The Mollusk on February 20, 2024, 02:27:08 PMWhat about you dude, you got any ink done bro?

bro

QDRPHNC

Got my 16th yesterday. They run the gamut from a huge beautiful abstract piece that took 10 hours (one sitting - I'm nails) to a heart my partner drew on me with a sharpie in about 5 seconds so the sketchy man with the tattoo gun could make it permanent.

shiftwork2

No.  I'm incredibly conservative about all this.  Body piercings are equally appalling.  2064, our sci-fi future, filled with old fucking crocks shambling about jangling covered in faded butterflies and 'Puddle Of Mudd' so wrinkled you can't read it.  It's not often you feel for funeral directors.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: The Mollusk on February 20, 2024, 04:36:06 PMbro

Maybe you shouldn't have phrased the thread title like such a preening little marquess and then I'd have actually read the post body?

bro.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on February 20, 2024, 04:46:03 PMMaybe you shouldn't have phrased the thread title like such a preening little marquess and then I'd have actually read the post body?

bro.

Admit you couldn't take your eyes off my svelte and toned thigh for long enough to take in a word I'd said and we'll move on