Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:51:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Do you have any tattoos?

Started by The Mollusk, February 20, 2024, 02:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

Yeah, even if you look at old photos of Sailor Jerry's studio, the walls are covered in (his original) flash. Nothing has changed except the social acceptance of them.

Pranet

Yeah sorry I expressed that badly. I wasn't saying that in my day all tattoos had a deep and meaningful significance. I think I was getting more at to the observer that someone having a tattoo sent more signals than it does now. Like QDRPHNC said social acceptance. Or just how very much more common it seems to be now. Or that the thing it would mean would maybe "I'm really into heavy metal" or "I got these when travelling", pr "I frequently make bad decisions when drunk" that sort of thing. Rather than something spiritual or because they were in the chinese mafia or whatever. Wheras now they just are.

Basically, I was just saying that it seems to me that at some point lots more people got tattoos. Pretty boring point I concede.

Ray Travez

I remember the first person I saw with a Celtic armband, it was at art school. We actually had a conversation about it, it was unique and interesting (I think she had Irish heritage). Six months later Sporty Spice gets one, and they're ubiquitous.

It's my fear to get a tattoo of something cool, and one day for some reason everyone's copied the idea. And that's why my tattoo is of a WASP with TITS.

Jack Shaftoe

I fully realise I got my tattoos at the moment when having a tattoo isn't cool at all, which is handy, because I went to a thing with a load of film lecturers last week and every single one had a tattoo in the exact place I do (under the forearm, just up from the wrist).

gilbertharding

Ray Travez