Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:24:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Do you have any tattoos?

Started by The Mollusk, February 20, 2024, 02:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Was going to get a Spurs one if we'd won the Champions League that year. But, despite being in the actual final, we didn't even come close.

Ferris

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on February 20, 2024, 08:33:06 PMNothing against them but I dunno what I'd get and have never felt any pull towards the realm of ink. Have considered getting my ears pierced but that's for another thread

I had an earring as a younger man, surprisingly rakish it was too.

Kankurette

I'd never get a football tat because I'm superstitious. Not even a cute little owl. I did think about getting an Everton one when I was younger but thankfully decided not to. If I had Goodison Park probably would have sunk into the Mersey, and that's before we get into me changing teams.
Quote from: The Mollusk on February 20, 2024, 09:20:00 PMI'm fidgety as all fuck with my ADHD but I dunno there's something about the sensation I get from the tattoo gun which is ... I'm not gonna say soothing but it has a sort of painful meditative thing going on. It's weirdly relaxing.

Just looked it up and it's because of the release of endorphins and adrenaline that comes with the pain. I've got an acupressure mat and it gives me the same sensation. It's nice.
That's the other reason, I'm a wuss about pain. I can tolerate injections and blood being taken because I'm used to it, but that's it. I screamed when I got my clitoral hood pierced and grabbed the piercer's arm so she couldn't do it, and the piercer made me bite a lolly stick for the second attempt.

That's also why I hate MRI scans, you have to lie there for about an hour without moving and it makes my back go into spasm.

flotemysost

Quote from: FeederFan500 on February 20, 2024, 08:26:08 PMOr I'd get a design I like and find later that the original artist is a paedo.

I've almost certainly mentioned it on here before, but a former flatmate of mine was in the somewhat unfortunate position of having both a Woody Allen quote and a Michael Jackson lyric inked on their person.

(ngl, I am slightly disappointed to skim through this thread and see that nobody's posted the "NONCE" forehead tattoo yet)

I'm tempted as I think they can look ace and have sketched many a design over the years but never taken the plunge - leaning towards something like a mehndi or paisley type pattern but slightly put off by the prospect of looking like one of those people who spends all day posting online comments about how an alkaline diet can cure all illness.

My bro and his partner are getting a civil partnership later this year, and they're thinking of commemorating it with matching tats - the design they've got in mind is ridiculously cute but it's also the logo of a beer they apparently got quite into during lockdown, so if it all went tits up I guess that's always a handy get-out clause to just shrug it off, nah nothing to see here guys, no deep meaning, just really love beer

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on February 20, 2024, 06:29:19 PMNope. I'm not against them in principle, but I just can't see the point*. There are no pictures or words that I like so much that I'd get them permanently, painfully and expensively drawn on my body somewhere.

Once the novelty wears off, how much attention do you actually pay to it?

*It's on the tattoo gun. Hur hur hur!

I feel exactly the same. I don't like any image enough to make it permanent.  And if I did, I'd be bored of it by next week.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

non capisco

Briefly thought about getting an owl tattoo for my dead mum who loved owls but then thought "Well, she's hardly going to see it". I think to be honest for me the tattoo ship has sailed. Apart from the massive one covering my back of all the members of Maroon 5. 

timahall

Always thought they were ugly and weird.

Memorex MP3

I've nothing I want to tattoo on myself and my dysphoria has no desire to cover up or change anything other than my entire being. Only scenario I see me getting any is if I buy a tattoo gun thing and start doodling on myself outta boredom.

They're cheap enough i think so it's possible.

Chollis

Quote from: imitationleather on February 20, 2024, 09:26:27 PMWas going to get a Spurs one if we'd won the Champions League that year

this really cheered me up

Jack Shaftoe

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on February 21, 2024, 01:21:57 AMI've nothing I want to tattoo on myself and my dysphoria has no desire to cover up or change anything other than my entire being. Only scenario I see me getting any is if I buy a tattoo gun thing and start doodling on myself outta boredom.

That was absolutely why I didn't get a tattoo for years, I didn't like the idea of committing to this body or it was like I'd be dignifying it in some way? Then I saw a picture of some ravens and I was like 'fuck yeah'.

shoulders

You see so many now that it's beyond a craze, feels like being in the minority of under 40s not having one.

Easiest counter cultural move I ever made, cheers everyone.

I like body art a lot but as soon
as it's clear it's permanent something unclicks.

jobotic

Quote from: timahall on February 21, 2024, 01:12:26 AMAlways thought they were ugly and weird.

Hey now, that's non capisco's favourite band you're talking about.

The F Bomb

For me, go big or don't get a tattoo. Like Sabre from Gladiators, up one leg and on your back, some kind of dragon or fish or winding vine, ideally all of the above.

thenoise

Thinking about getting a cutesy tattoo to enhance my gallbladder scar, like turning it into a clown with a scar mouth or something.

Specifically, I've been thinking "what a terrible idea".

Kankurette

Didn't people get tats of Newcastle winning the league even though they never won it that season? Or was it Liverpool?

I don't remember this, but in their initial incarnation Adam and the Ants were apparently a proper punk band with an underground following, coverage in NME, Peel sessions, etc.

Anyway, this friend-of-a-friend had their name tattooed on his forearm, just in time for the band to change  line-up and musical direction at the start of their Prince Charming, Dandy Highwayman, Goody Two Shoes phase.

flotemysost

Seeing as a few of you have crow-themed tattoos, just wanted to mention that earlier I saw a crow deliberately sneak up behind a squirrel and peck the squirrel's arsehole in order to make it drop the acorn it was about to tuck into. If anyone's dithering over what their next design should be, well, I guess sometimes the inspiration just finds you.

jobotic

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on February 21, 2024, 03:13:05 PMAnd there's this unlucky chap.

https://www.benchwarmers.ie/the-classic-tale-of-a-newcastle-fan-getting-a-portrait-of-a-player-the-day-before-he-left-the-club/82841/

Seems slightly off that he got it changed to Les Ferdinand. Wonder if he kept changing it to different black icons. Ended up with a Winnie Mandela tattoo that he can't account for.

non capisco

Quote from: flotemysost on February 21, 2024, 09:41:40 PMSeeing as a few of you have crow-themed tattoos, just wanted to mention that earlier I saw a crow deliberately sneak up behind a squirrel and peck the squirrel's arsehole in order to make it drop the acorn it was about to tuck into.

They're such pricks, I love them.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

All Surrogate

Quote from: SetToStun on February 20, 2024, 07:37:41 PMThere was a fella on here years ago who was having a Japanese-style koi (I believe it had a Japanese bloke riding it) tattoo done that would cover his entire torso. I remember seeing one or two work-in-progress pictures he posted but I never saw the completed work and I sometimes wonder how it worked out.

That was Elliot, though all the picture links are dead now.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: flotemysost on February 21, 2024, 09:41:40 PMSeeing as a few of you have crow-themed tattoos, just wanted to mention that earlier I saw a crow deliberately sneak up behind a squirrel and peck the squirrel's arsehole in order to make it drop the acorn it was about to tuck into. If anyone's dithering over what their next design should be, well, I guess sometimes the inspiration just finds you.

I wish I'd seen that.

I do love a tattoo magazine, probably buy one every five years or so.

I dont have loads but lack of money to spend on frivolity has stopped me getting more. Really wanted to get the kids to design something, but I'm probably better spending the money on food for them. Probably. 

Quote from: Kankurette on February 21, 2024, 03:08:16 PMDidn't people get tats of Newcastle winning the league even though they never won it that season? Or was it Liverpool?

There was also the pissed-up Celtic fan in Magaluf who asked for a tattoo saying '10 in a Row', and not only did Celtic fail to win 10 in a row, but he was misheard and ended up with a tattoo saying 'Terry Munro'.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/terry-munro-celtic-fan-who-10889540

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

He could change that to say "Terry Nutkins" easily enough.

Norton Canes

No I don't have any tats because however adeptly they were inked I'd always find something wrong or wonky about them and never enjoy them because the wrong and wonky thing would always be more noticeable than the brilliance of the rest

Plus also, there's nothing I like enough that I'd want drawn on my body. What would I get? A TARDIS? A cashew? The Top of the Pops Year Zero logo?

Norton Canes

Cuellar

Would love to get tattoo but too indecisive

Dex Sawash

Thinking about getting one of a toilet on my bottom.