Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:24:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

When the Royal Mail stops Saturday deliveries...

Started by kalowski, February 24, 2024, 07:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deano

Quote from: gilbertharding on February 28, 2024, 11:22:25 AMIn more Old People News... I have a building society account that's online only. I tried to login to it for the first time in ages recently, and found I was locked out, so I rang them up and they said they'd post me a temporary code or somesuch. When it arrived, I waited until the weekend to use it (I needed to be at home), and found it was only valid for 14 days and it had expired the day before. So I rang back on Monday to get them to send me another one, thinking 'I'll use this as soon as it arrives', which was precisely 15 days after the date on the letter.

So I know 'everything's online' and 'no-one sends letters anymore' but this is bullshit and I wonder if I'll ever be able to get my money out of that account.
It'd work fine with just two or even one letter delivery per week though. The problem at the moment is some places are still getting a full daily service while others are getting nothing because the Post Office won't (or isn't able?) to just say "we only deliver every other day now".

Saturdays is the stupidest day to cut as there's already no mail on Sundays. They should skip Wednesdays instead or something.

Dr Rock

My post service is impeccable and I consider my postmen my closest friends, as I don't have any irl.

dontpaintyourteeth

stop oh yes wait a minute mister postman wai ai ai ai ait mister postman

dontpaintyourteeth

nobody asked but i have accepted a job offer elsewhere i no longer work for these cunts. alright cheers

Senior Baiano

Postman

I always wanted you to go, into

Post, man

dontpaintyourteeth

Zetetic

seepage

There was a scam when 1st class post was about 10p that Guaranteed Next Day Delivery was £1 but was same as 1st class. 80% of 1st class was delivered next day so they only had to refund 20p per £1 for Guaranteed - quids in

PaulTMA

Does anyone else who lives in a flat find Royal Mail are the most inept at being able to access a building while several residents are most likely to be in (or they simply cannot be arsed trying)

Ray Travez

Quote from: Zetetic on February 28, 2024, 07:23:48 PM

"We've got it"

:'(

This picture shows the time-honoured tradition of postal workers removing a box of trainers from a sack to secrete in their locker for later.

Gurke and Hare