Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:19:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Marcel Marceau

Started by The F Bomb, February 25, 2024, 04:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The F Bomb

Not sure if this fits better elsewhere, but I love this guy's work, always a joy to watch. People might thinking it's comedy but I don't primarily find him funny, more dramatic. Here's one of his more famous funnier routines, Bip As A Skater:

If you don't like this, I hope there's something good for you to watch on catch up instead.

madhair60

thats what you like is it

kalowski

It was the only bit of Kenny Everett I found funny.

badaids

I prefer Michael Myers later stuff.

Shaxberd

Respect to Marceau for being part of the French Resistance and helping rescue hundreds of people from the Holocaust, but I'm not won over by the routine.

The best mime-adjacent artform is bodypopping. Less storytelling, sure, but I could watch these guys go all day:

touchingcloth

Did anyone see Resistance (2020)? I saw a trailer for it in the cinema that showed all of this gunrunning derring do, a bit like Bourne meets Private Ryan, and then it splashed up a title about how it was about Marcel Marceau.

So yeah, resistance fighter Marcel Marceau. Tears of a clown? Armed antifa antics of a clown, more like.

shoulders

Macaque from Coffee Friends ☕

The Dog

Quote from: The F Bomb on February 25, 2024, 04:18:12 PMNot sure if this fits better elsewhere, but I love this guy's work, always a joy to watch. People might thinking it's comedy but I don't primarily find him funny, more dramatic. Here's one of his more famous funnier routines, Bip As A Skater:

If you don't like this, I hope there's something good for you to watch on catch up instead.

Can't explain why this make me so angry. Absolutely seething with rage watching it.

PlanktonSideburns

jobotic

Resistance fighter? He was miming!

Remember when the gestapo locked him in a glass box?

Gradual Decline

Jasha

Didn't realise white face was still culturally acceptable

Pranet

Having seen that video, I'm now voting Reform at the next election.

Captain Z

How does he mine sitting on a pillar like that? That's incredible.

thenoise

Quote from: Shaxberd on February 25, 2024, 04:57:52 PMbodypopping

Love how everyone keeps bodypopping away in the background even when the main popper is doing his thing in the centre. Seen enough tracksuited teenagers doing it with a ghetto blaster and an (empty) hat in front of them in the precinct to be that impressed. But it's certainly bizarre.

I remember liking when David Bowie launched into a little mime number between songs in a live video i watched when I was young (prob just a classic invisible wall gag). Can't imagine sitting through a whole gig of it. It's 'variety' innit?

Butchers Blind

Imagine sitting your parents down and telling them you're a mime.

Vodkafone

Watching Marcel Marceau while your wheelie bin gets washed out.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: Butchers Blind on February 26, 2024, 12:29:23 AMImagine sitting your parents down and telling them you're a mime.
Oh, it was tragic. Things were never the same again. It was like an invisible barrier had suddenly grown up between us. Of course, nothing was ever actually said, but it was never the same.

El Unicornio, mang

I'd like to go on a date with one of these types just so I can crack out: "your place or mime?"

Blue Jam

wrec

One night in my teens a load of us were hanging out in the town square with French exchange students, one of whom had a guitar, and we were all singing, a bit late to be doing so in a residential area. A Garda car pulled up and the driver said sternly/snidely, "That's enough of the Marcel Marceau impression". Never knew whether he was confused or being deliberately absurd.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Vodkafone on February 26, 2024, 07:35:01 AMWatching Marcel Marceau while your wheelie bin gets washed out.

Is this New Bosto? I'm getting slower

Norton Canes

I feel like he's missed a trick there. He's got those two blocks, so all he needs to do is support himself on them by his arms - as he's doing on the preview - then pretend to skate by moving his feet through the air beneath him. Then he doesn't have to make out the actual floor is ice. I mean I don't want to be giving Marcel Marceau tips on how to do a mime, but... bit obvious.

poo

I don't think there has ever been a truly funny Frenchman. Might be wrong.

Blue Jam

Quote from: poo on February 26, 2024, 01:12:14 PMI don't think there has ever been a truly funny Frenchman. Might be wrong.

madhair60

Quote from: poo on February 26, 2024, 01:12:14 PMI don't think there has ever been a truly funny Frenchman. Might be wrong.

the raping skunk?

Shaxberd

Obelix.

Proactive

Quote from: The Dog on February 25, 2024, 09:43:38 PMCan't explain why this make me so angry. Absolutely seething with rage watching it.
Absolute fucking dog tod isn't it. Bosto's lost the plot, had his mind bent in half from  excessive  Ikaruga and hot and dry noodle exposure.

gilbertharding