Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:13:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tuesday Morning - Get T-boned by a lorry

Started by Pink Gregory, February 27, 2024, 04:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Gregory

hi everyone, my car got hooked in front of a fucking bastard lorry this morning, pushed me for a bit and I managed to swerve across three lanes of the motorway without being whacked by anything else and come to rest on the crash barrier.

I am somehow still alive.  Evidently.

The only thing I thought when I had a monstrous white cab bearing down on me was "oh for fuck's sake how much is this going to cost".  Which is immensely disappointing because this means I either don't value my own life (bad, sad) or that I think I am basically not going to die (bad, arrogant).  I seem cigs about the whole thing, despite everything.

Have you ever been disappointed by your response to the equivalent of being mashed into by a large vehicle?

Vodkafone

That sounds mental, I'm glad you are ok. The fear and terror will probably express itself forcefully in a day or two, just make sure you're next to a Tory when that happens yeah?

PlanktonSideburns

Whats that Italian saying

Everyone dies, one day i may even die

Good job on keeping you head about you. You OK physically? I mean apart from the previous

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Buelligan

Very very glad you're alive and whole PG but can I say it seems ungracious to quibble about ones thoughts in all of this?  Embrace your delightful survival and fuck the rest.

And yes, I have been severely cunted by large vehicles on several memorable occasions, that's motorcycling for you.

Mister Six

Glad you're all right, PG. As Vodkafone says, the emotional effects have probably been delayed. Don't repress them, just take a couple of days off work (if you can) and let them run through you. Better in the long run.

bgmnts

How's the motor?

(Edit - glibness notwithstanding, glad you're alright and hope you're okay OBV)

Pink Gregory

Quote from: bgmnts on February 27, 2024, 04:20:20 PMHow's the motor?

Not valuable enough to fix on insurance but the front is actually unharmed

Which is less funny than 'motor deid'

Pink Gregory

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on February 27, 2024, 04:08:33 PMGood job on keeping you head about you. You OK physically? I mean apart from the previous

Not even any whiplash.  Looking at the dashcam footage, it's oddly serene, like I'm sailing.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Vodkafone on February 27, 2024, 04:07:57 PMThat sounds mental, I'm glad you are ok. The fear and terror will probably express itself forcefully in a day or two, just make sure you're next to a Tory when that happens yeah?

Yeah, I've been through shock events where this has been the case. Recounting it to a friend for the umpteenth time a week later and suddenly bursting into tears, an interesting sensation!

Very glad you're okay Pinkers. Look after yourself!

Vodkafone

Quote from: Mister Six on February 27, 2024, 04:18:06 PMGlad you're all right, PG. As Vodkafone says, the emotional effects have probably been delayed. Don't repress them, just take a couple of days off work (if you can) and let them run through you. Better in the long run.

Do make sure you're in battering distance of a Tory at the time though, this is essential to your long term recovery.

dontpaintyourteeth

this cunt had a revelation about the nature of existence yet?

BlodwynPig

lankyguy95

So when can we start asking for PMs of the dashcam footage?

Some good advice here on the delayed emotional reaction, PG.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: lankyguy95 on February 27, 2024, 04:45:25 PMSo when can we start asking for PMs of the dashcam footage?

Some good advice here on the delayed emotional reaction, PG.

Bring a projector along to the next cab meet surely

Vodkafone

Quote from: Vodkafone on February 27, 2024, 04:33:13 PMDo make sure you're in battering distance of a Tory at the time though, this is essential to your long term recovery.

Can't emphasise this enough.

steve98

Quote from: Pink Gregory on February 27, 2024, 04:23:42 PMNot even any whiplash.  Looking at the dashcam footage, it's oddly serene, like I'm sailing.

No compo then... Are you sure you're not injured? Not even a little bit? You must at least be emotionally shattered? Fucks sake.

Sebastian Cobb

Pink Gregory

imitationleather

Great. I'm absolutely gasping for a T-bone steak now. Thanks a lot.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: steve98 on February 27, 2024, 05:51:14 PMNo compo then... Are you sure you're not injured? Not even a little bit? You must at least be emotionally shattered? Fucks sake.

Yeah make sure you get nice tasty payout from this. Tell them as a result of the accident you went bald and suffer from phimosis.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: steve98 on February 27, 2024, 05:51:14 PMNo compo then... Are you sure you're not injured? Not even a little bit? You must at least be emotionally shattered? Fucks sake.

Hey that's my insurance premium you're pushing up there.

Glad you're ok PG. I assume they closed the motorway, do you get the delight of being the reason that Lynn Bowles read it out?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Should have just steered into the skid and drifted out of it, like they do in the video games.

H-O-W-L

if you'd held the analogue stick all the way to the right you would've flipped it upright again if you got upside down

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Maybe the lorry driver was also employing video game logic, where you don't slow down for corners. Simply crashing into the car in front provides the necessary decrease in speed for you to safely get around the bend.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: H-O-W-L on February 27, 2024, 06:17:50 PMif you'd held the analogue stick all the way to the right you would've flipped it upright again if you got upside down

I was trying to do the boost drift from Mario Kart Double Dash

shoulders

Not much to be done at that point. Glad you're OK. I hope the lorry driver has to do something embarrassing to repent like shit his pants.

Actually he probably already did that, even before crashing into you.