Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:15:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tuesday Morning - Get T-boned by a lorry

Started by Pink Gregory, February 27, 2024, 04:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vodkafone

Police have released this photo of the lorry driver who they want to talk to

Spoiler alert
[close]

jobotic

Was holding my breath reading the first paragraph but heaved a sigh of relief when the next sentence wasn't "I was killed instantly.".

Glad you're okay.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Vodkafone on February 27, 2024, 07:58:36 PMPolice have released this photo of the lorry driver who they want to talk to

Spoiler alert
[close]

fun fact, the cab bore the legend "Invisible King"

idunnosomename

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on February 27, 2024, 06:06:21 PMShould have just steered into the skid and drifted out of it, like they do in the video games.
a banana skin or turtle shell would've done the trick

Brian Freeze

Lucky escape PG, also glad you're not squished.

As already mentioned, please watch out for delayed shock or trauma.

In the same way as lancing a boil can help it heal quicker, there is a certain Steven Spielberg  film you could watch that might help accelerate the delayed shock and get it out in the open.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I fail to see what watching Close Encounters of the Third Kind is going to do to help his predicament. Fuck are you on about?

Glebe

Fuck, that's nuts Pinky, just glad you're okay. Lotsa love mate.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Brian Freeze on February 28, 2024, 12:44:36 AMLucky escape PG, also glad you're not squished.

As already mentioned, please watch out for delayed shock or trauma.

In the same way as lancing a boil can help it heal quicker, there is a certain Steven Spielberg  film you could watch that might help accelerate the delayed shock and get it out in the open.

*looks out of window and sees lorry idling in the moonlit street, driver obscured by shadow*

Alberon

Glad to hear you're okay, but did you not even get your life flashing in front of your eyes?

PlanktonSideburns

His insurance policy flashed before his rolling eyes

Pink Gregory

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 28, 2024, 08:24:41 AM*looks out of window and sees lorry idling in the moonlit street, driver obscured by shadow*

Hey at least I'd have felt respected being mashed by a giant peterbilt

Norton Canes

Pink Gregory

so, help a brother out here

i was trapped in the car on the crash barrier while this fucker drives off the hard shoulder after five minutes, no details exchanged, haven't had any phone calls or notice from the insurer.  Filth on the scene reckoned he was calling it in up the road but I doubt it.

Couldn't get his number plate from the dashcam, entirely, but I think I've found a recent photo of the truck (other identifying marks on the cab); I've only got third party insurance and my car's a write off, so I could do with the payout.

Am I fucked here?  Tried the police yesterday but couldn't stay on hold, highways england couldn't make out the numberplate on CCTV, I've uploaded any detective work to the insurer but I don't think it's enough evidence.

From what I understand it's an offence to not exchange details within 24 hours?

Endicott

I think it might be an offence to leave the scene of a serious accident before the police turn up. Presumably they'd want to breathalyse all concerned.

Rozzers not been too helpful?

canadagoose

I'm glad you're OK, Pink Gregory. Must have been scary. Best wishes to you.

idunnosomename

are your insurers not able to help? can you ring them up? (I know you might not be, I used Quote Me Happy for ages, a cheapo arm of Aviva with basically no customer helpline, it was all online). not sure why can't highways england just identify the truck further up the road before the incident to get its number.

I'm surprised the police aren't more interested because if he buggered off he might not have had insurance, which they take super seriously.

(honestly i didnt know you could get third party only these days. whenever I've tried selecting it on a quote it costs more than comprehensive)

selectivememory

Fuck, glad you're ok PG. Sounds terrifying! Look after yourself.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

According to Craig David, you should have took the lorry for a drink on Tuesday. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday are reserved for T-boning, and then you chill on Sunday.

Brian Freeze

Another one here gobsmacked the rozzers arent all over this.

It could take a while but hopefully the Motor Insurance Bureau are still funded and functioning. They do chase uninsured drivers and reimburse out of pocket innocent folk like yourself. It just takes time. Couple of years sort of job.

Long story cut short but we had a hire car, someone nicked a tractor, went joyriding, clouted the side of the car and I ended up paying nearly seven hundred quid out of my own pocket. Everyone very sympathetic but nowt do to but pay up. Two years later I got a call out of the blue that the MIB had been on the case and would like to know my bank details for full reimbursement.

I don't remember asking them to get involved but it might be worth you instigating things with them to get the ball rolling if you get fucked about by anyone.

Pink Gregory

thanks chaps

The filth did say they were sending me a form to upload my dashcam footage, annoyingly it was the force one over so I can't just go to the desk like I can st home.

Even if they were insured it's basically a hit and run so I assume it's a crime now, but where that leaves me I'm not sure.

Ray Travez

Fuck's sake, that's one shitty driver/ person. Glad you're ok, anyway.

Des Wigwam

Very glad you are OK. I had a similar incident a few years back but did exchange details. The lorry driver was Romanian and very nice but naturally once he'd reported it up to whoever in his company they were claiming a 50/50 incident. It worked out in the end but I'm not going to type out a whole story that ends "so, it worked out really well for me; not like you".

Quote from: Pink Gregory on February 29, 2024, 07:19:27 AMEven if they were insured it's basically a hit and run so I assume it's a crime now, but where that leaves me I'm not sure.

Were the 5-0 in attendance? If so am amazed they let the driver go off without taking any details. But - I would make sure it's now logged as whatever the offence would be and get a crime number to help with the ball ache of chasing this up.

Pink Gregory

he fucked off before the fuzz turned up, so yeah.  Was surprised they told me that they reckoned he'd gone to park up somewhere and call it in to a transport manager.

Des Wigwam

Maybe it was their first day on the job. Deffo get the crime number - in case they are not on top of all the other little details like recording crimes either.

Have you tried playing the dashcam footage and shouting Enhance! whenever the truck comes into view? That's what they do on CSI.