Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:07:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I may end you

Started by touchingcloth, February 29, 2024, 09:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

I've always called the gunk that collects in my eyes overnight "sleep". I've just looked it up on Wikipedia to find out what the stuff actually is, and it says:

QuoteDried rheum near the eyes is commonly called 'sleep', 'sleepy-seeds', 'sleepy buds', 'sleepy bugs', 'sleepy sand', 'sleepy winks', 'eye boogers', 'Sandman's sand', 'eye goop', 'sleepy dust', 'sleepies', 'eye gunk', 'eye crust', 'sleepy men', 'crusties', 'dozy dust', 'eye globs', or 'sleepy dirt'.

Imagine if someone told you that you had sleepy winks on your face and not immediately throwing them into Treblinka.

I do say "sleepy dirt", but it refers to something else.

BlodwynPig

Buelligan

A disgusting thread.  Fruit of a diseased mind.

Vodkafone

End me, bend me
Anyway you want me
Long as you love me, it's alright

dontpaintyourteeth

dozy dust following the Levellers around on their U.K. tour.

chip

Michaela Coel considers redraft

touchingcloth

Quote from: chip on February 29, 2024, 09:36:59 AMMichaela Coel considers redraft

That was the etc.

Destruction is too good for these people.

Brian Freeze

Bogies is a far superior word to boogers so "eye bogies" is a perfect description, the others are shite.

lauraxsynthesis

Amazed to see a threat in a thread name that wasn't started by madhair.

I seem to remember sleep being a plotpoint in a rather good 12th Doctor episode of Dr Who.

Buelligan

Dream-tears.

Poppy pollen.

Less of the bogies, you fucking slags.  Keats said that.

shoulders

GoblinAhFuckScary

we always said sleepymans. men always in womens spaces shake my damn head

chip

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 29, 2024, 09:45:46 AMThat was the etc.

Destruction is too good for these people.

Oh OK. That wasn't at all clear. And still isn't

touchingcloth

Chollis

My Irish nan called this stuff fockalies(sp?). My grandad was born 50 miles away from her and had never heard the term, nor had anyone else. Must have been some extremely local dialect. Everyone else I know calls it sleep. Cheers.

Dex Sawash

touchingcloth

Quote from: Chollis on February 29, 2024, 10:24:18 AMMy Irish nan called this stuff fockalies(sp?). My grandad was born 50 miles away from her and had never heard the term, nor had anyone else. Must have been some extremely local dialect. Everyone else I know calls it sleep. Cheers.

Sleep is admittedly a shit name for it, a bit like referring to piss and shit as "toilet" or spunk and fanny syrup as "sex"*.

*Authors in the 70s seemed to use this quite a lot, actually - "her sex lay thick on his proud member as he entered her as forcefully as he had entered the Nasdaq" - usually a paragraph or two behind talking about a woman's "high, firm breasts".

madhair60

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on February 29, 2024, 09:51:33 AMAmazed to see a threat in a thread name that wasn't started by madhair.

calumny of the lowest kind

we've always just called it "eye shit" in our family.

imitationleather

Buelligan

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 29, 2024, 11:07:29 AMSleep is admittedly a shit name for it, a bit like referring to piss and shit as "toilet" or spunk and fanny syrup as "sex"*.

*Authors in the 70s seemed to use this quite a lot, actually - "her sex lay thick on his proud member as he entered her as forcefully as he had entered the Nasdaq" - usually a paragraph or two behind talking about a woman's "high, firm breasts".

Please.  Was enjoying a bowl of pumpkin soup.

NoSleep

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 29, 2024, 09:04:03 AM'Sandman's sand'

We called each one a sandman. There was never talk of sandmen despite having one in each eye.

thenoise

My boy used to like reaching up for my beard and scratching and fiddling with it so that my beard dandruff rained down on him. When he learned to talk he referred to this as "making the seeds come down".

imitationleather

I used to go to school with a Dan Druff. Nice fellah.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: imitationleather on February 29, 2024, 11:39:45 AMI used to go to school with a Dan Druff. Nice fellah.

bit of a flake though

Incy Wincy Mincey

Quote from: NoSleep on February 29, 2024, 11:27:50 AMWe called each one a sandman. There was never talk of sandmen despite having one in each eye.

Surprised you experienced it at all with that username.

Underturd

'Gunk' is a useful word in situations like this.  Not so much once it's dried, that I'll grant you.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Underturd on March 02, 2024, 05:45:29 PM'Gunk' is a useful word in situations like this.  Not so much once it's dried, that I'll grant you.

Yeah it's gunk then it's sleep.

Underturd

wrec

I've heard it uncouthly referred to as eye snot.

I think unsolicited lisping about "sandman's sand" to complete strangers has a lot of potential, or gruffly complaining about being afflicted by "sleepy men".