Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:46:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your shameful happiness

Started by Buelligan, February 29, 2024, 10:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hamfist

I was waiting for a ferry from Aegina back to Piraeus once, standing politely in the queue to buy my ticket. An elderly woman shoved past, proper cheeky, very intentional. She then boarded the ferry before us, and it has escalators up onto the deck. Well the old girl lost her balance and fell over backwards, ended up going up it feet first. She was fine, pelvis and spine tough as an olive tree.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 29, 2024, 07:44:49 PMMy turn to apologise. I completely misty eyed did not get the context of the post. Big sorry for that wanky reply in context.

OK what's happening now

flotemysost

Phoning a particularly petty, exacting former colleague at the head office of the lettings agents chain that I'd been fired from about a year before (and had subsequently ended up renting via), to calmly tell them that if they'd actually bothered speaking to the landlord (who was one of the decent ones) before firing off email threats to pointlessly increase our rent by some pisstakingly steep increment, then they'd realise he was actually fine with keeping us on at the same rent, because as I say he was one of the decent ones.

Sadly he died not long after that (the landlord, not my former colleague), and I suspect with him the last vestiges of anything approaching a reasonable or affordable private rental market; but it was a proper mic-drop moment, those don't come along all that often nowadays.

(To balance out this uncharacteristic smugness, I had a moment of I guess inverse Schadenfreude previously while I was in that hated former job at the lettings agents - I'd interviewed for another job, somewhere that I actually wanted to work, didn't get it, and then a few months later by chance ended up doing the referencing and credit checks for the person who did get the job, who was evidently moving into a nice new flat with their nice new salary. They didn't even have any incriminating stuff in their three months' worth of bank statements that I could laugh at.)

madhair60

the people who bullied me at school etc can all get fucked, i don't forgive them at all. if one of them got their head chainsawed off by a cartel i'd make their screams my ringtone. fuuuuck, just remembered when one of my worst bully's mums died over summer and he returned to school an ashen remnant of his former self. fucking get in.

QDRPHNC

A few years ago, I was Creative Director at a design agency which I had named, branded and helped nurture into a very decent place. It got bought, new owners came in, installed a completely unqualified President who first tried to get me to quit by giving bonuses to everyone at the company but me, and when that didn't work (because you always make them fire you), fired me.

Checked in on them recently to find that not only does their entire portfolio still consist of the work I did for them while I was there, but their new Creative Director (who is pals with the President and who I learned later had helped plan my ousting so he could move in), had rebranded the company once more — to something truly embarrassing and AIDS-tier and from what I can gather through the grapevine, they seem to be circling the drain lol

MrMealDeal

My PhD supervisor was a preening, self-important twat. Tried to get me to change my dissertation topic to something that might feed him facts for his new book and when I refused he dismissed whatever I wrote but gave no workable feedback. Anyway, a couple of years later he was up for a book prize and wrote anonymous one-star reviews of his rivals' books on Amazon. He got found out, the story was reported in the press, and he tried to blame it on his wife. He wasn't sacked but from that point on everyone thought of him as the Amazon guy.

Kankurette

An abusive ex-boyfriend of a friend killed himself a while back. Can't say I'm upset.
Quote from: madhair60 on February 29, 2024, 11:25:16 PMthe people who bullied me at school etc can all get fucked, i don't forgive them at all. if one of them got their head chainsawed off by a cartel i'd make their screams my ringtone. fuuuuck, just remembered when one of my worst bully's mums died over summer and he returned to school an ashen remnant of his former self. fucking get in.
I can't say I'd be upset if the kids who bullied me died either tbh. These things stay with you.

It's complicated with my ex-stepdad. I don't know how I'll feel when he dies. My brother will probably be cigs about it and I don't blame him.

bgmnts

I've read a fair few internet articles about dealing with the grief of an absent biological parent dying, and I have to say I'll be very happy when my absent biological parent dies.

But then I'd be quite unarsed if someone killed the cunts playing ridiculously loud music all the time that vibrates in my room so I can't fucking sleep. Genuine shrugs if they get viciously murdered.

Brundle-Fly

McFlymo

If I knew a subtle (legally undetectable) way of helping my flat mate reach graveyard-town I would probably consider it.

kngen

From my group of friends as a teen, who never missed a trick in belittling me or making my life miserable: one ODed, one committed suicide, one had a drug-induced nervous breakdown, one has a debilitating spinal condition, one is a boring cunt trapped in purgatorial suburban ennui, and the good one (who would take my side, and be mocked for it) is having a nice life with his missus by the seaside.

That'll do for me, ta.

Icehaven

I quite enjoyed the utter powerlessness of my last letting agents, who had run the full gamut of absolute incompetence, dishonesty, unprofessionalism and downright rudeness across the tenancy. We were given a possession order which ostensibly gave us two months to move out, however we were doing up a boat to move onto anyway and it actually gave us a kick up the arse to get it finished so we ended up giving them notice saying we'd be gone in a month and I'd cancelled the last rent payment to avoid overpayment (that I never would have seen again) and to calculate the final amount then either take it from the deposit or that I'd pay it when I got the deposit back (which I know isn't strictly on but fuck it, I'm quite sure I would never have seen the deposit again anyway).
They clearly didn't like not having a hand as threats of bad references were fired off, which I cheerfully explained I didn't need, then there was a whole nonsense of them demanding I return the keys to their office, which was nowhere near where I now live and I'd left the keys in the house anyway. Then they tried to say they had to get a locksmith to break in and that would be coming out of the deposit, to which I even more cheerfully replied I'd already told them to keep the deposit for the rent anyway and by the way well done on your professionalism in not having a spare set of keys to a property you're supposedly managing. Never heard from them again after that.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: bgmnts on March 03, 2024, 01:44:12 AMI've read a fair few internet articles about dealing with the grief of an absent biological parent dying, and I have to say I'll be very happy when my absent biological parent dies.

When news got me that my biological dad died some years back I had people ask me if I was ok and that I must be upset. The cunt fucked off when I was two and I have no memory of him, why would I be arsed. I was more distraught when they changed the Irn Bru recipe.

Icehaven

Quote from: Buelligan on February 29, 2024, 10:15:30 AMMy life is an open book with a deeply wrong soft centre.  Recently a man moved here, nearby.  He's got a wife, kids, a normal-seeming man.  Almost as soon as he arrived, he propositioned me, he inveigled his way into my home to do it and in honesty, it frightened me.  I felt afraid at night for a bit.  In reality, I think he's simply a venal dishonest but harmless person. 

Anyway, he pisses off my neighbours because he drives a rather smart black BMW (not really a country car but still) and he parks it outside his house, just leaves it there.  Fine.  Except the lane is so narrow, the car fills the road.  For him, it's difficult to get out of once parked like that.  For everyone else, they can't even get past it on foot.  This pisses off the neighbours.  They worry about ambulances and getting their own shopping and stuff.

Yesterday I was at home and I heard a strange groaning swoosh and clu-wumph crack crack crack groan sound.  Quite loud, oh yes.  I looked out.  He'd left it there, again, blocking the lane, again and left the handbrake off.  It had ploughed down that tiny stone-walled road, a precious fragile pinball, binking into pots and an old metal bench, scrimping along the walls annnd relax, ending, sighing, in the deep storm drain at the bottom.

I decided to go out the back way but it cheered me up.  I know this is wrong but nevertheless it has lightened my heart.  Brought me genuine moments of cheer.

Imagine how much more pissed off he'd be if, as well as his car getting smashed up, a neighbour told his wife what a grubby little adulterous creep he is.

Buelligan

Quote from: Icehaven on March 04, 2024, 03:50:57 PMImagine how much more pissed off he'd be if, as well as his car getting smashed up, a neighbour told his wife what a grubby little adulterous creep he is.

So dangerous though, isn't it?  You open a box but you don't know what may fly out.  I've given it thought, believe me.  She seems a really nice woman, the kids are truly lovely.  Hate to see her working hard, giving her time, her life, to build a life with someone that doesn't seem to care about that, happy to risk that, for very little. 

On the other hand, you speak up, apart from having no proof - which could open you up to all sorts of horror, in the place, amongst the people you live with.  What if shit really hit fan and physical or mental harm was done, to her, the kids, even him?  Thought about it, a lot.  Decided not to open the box.