Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:36:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

it's a leap year

Started by Midas, February 29, 2024, 04:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midas

Magnum Valentino

frajer

One of my favourite 30 Rock episodes is the one with the Leap Dave Williams movie, which nails America's dedication to making schmaltzy feelgood films around every conceivable holiday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK0KTH0ezgc

They also did a good'un for Martin Luther King Day, reimagined as a starstuffed Valentine's Day-esque romcom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RWsI8BUkWc

Butchers Blind

Any ladies out there want to propose to ol' Butchers today?

lauraxsynthesis

I hereby propose marriage to all single male CaBbers willing to have a big Moonies-style wedding at Millwall's New Den.

Senior Baiano

Anyone's birthday today? I assume anyone born on 29th February has strange eldritch powers, so hiya leap year day babies mate

buttgammon

This day always makes me think of the episode of Frasier where he encourages/forces everyone to do things outside their comfort zone and it all goes awry.

I'm having a great day - I just got engaged!

imitationleather

Congratulations.

Also, yes, leap years always make me think "It's a leap year... Take a leap!"

buttgammon

Thank you! I'll be singing Buttons and Bows in celebration.

Midas

just about to have one of my leap year snoozes

idunnosomename

can't we get rid of leap years. woke solar nonsense.

madhair60

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on February 29, 2024, 05:00:14 PMI hereby propose marriage to all single male CaBbers willing to have a big Moonies-style wedding at Millwall's New Den.

i accept this legally binding proposal

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: madhair60 on February 29, 2024, 11:15:12 PMi accept this legally binding proposal

Wedding reception on 20th April in Cambridge then

dissolute ocelot

Was in a pub yesterday that had one of those ironic retro electric flip wall calendar things straight out of Mad Men and it was showing March 1 yesterday. What hipster fools who have no knowledge of leap years! They should have closed the pub in shame.

Alberon

I'm not leaping anywhere at my age.

Underturd

I take leaps of faith all the time. Many of them are followed by a heartfelt questioning of my life choices.

touchingcloth