Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:23:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

dydd dewi dewi hapus

Started by Tony Tony Tony, March 01, 2024, 03:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Underturd

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on March 02, 2024, 10:27:16 AMBut racist, but also not funny enough to be a fun racist anti Welsh joke

Not racist at all - spit and phlegm are an occupational hazard to the Welsh speaker.

PlanktonSideburns

Found that to be more of an issue working in Salford if I'm honest

Underturd

Intriguing - tell me more!

bgmnts

Would be interested to know if anyone speaking welsh has ever produced an ounce of phlegm whilst speaking it. I can't imagine so.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: bgmnts on March 02, 2024, 12:31:27 PMWould be interested to know if anyone speaking welsh has ever produced an ounce of phlegm whilst speaking it. I can't imagine so.

Its funny though, isn't it bgmnts, to say that though isn't it

Ethnically I'm from Cwmbran, so it's not like I've got any national pride or anything, I just think that these English are not sending over their best racist jokes you know, - back in the day they knew how to do banter, force everyone to stop speaking their native language, bomb all the farms in the epynt and pretend its target practice, force schoolkids to wear a wooden sign all day, nowdays its just so lazy

Underturd

I defy anyone to say 'iechyd da' without something gungy shifting in their throat.

bgmnts

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on March 02, 2024, 12:43:48 PMIts funny though, isn't it bgmnts, to say that though isn't it

Ethnically I'm from Cwmbran, so it's not like I've got any national pride or anything, I just think that these English are not sending over their best racist jokes you know, - back in the day they knew how to do banter, force everyone to stop speaking their native language, bomb all the farms in the epynt and pretend its target practice, force schoolkids to wear a wooden sign all day, nowdays its just so lazy

It was a golden age to be sure!

Edit - it is strange though that these national prejudices and insults are still fair game, despite the historical relationships between these nations, yet other forms of identity are absolute no goes. I suppose people still need groups to devalue without reproach, and if the Welsh/Irish/Scottish can be that for English, that's not so bad in the grand scheme.

PlanktonSideburns

Don't think this guy knows how to speak Welsh i think. Hope he never learns about any other languages with non English sounds in

PlanktonSideburns

God imagine things not like your own makes you fucking sick doesn't it

Underturd

bgmnts

Quote from: Underturd on March 02, 2024, 12:45:32 PMI defy anyone to say 'iechyd da' without something gungy shifting in their throat.

Definitely have to get that checked with the GP.

PlanktonSideburns

Learned recently there's an English town called BELPER

kept that under their hat for years didn't they?

BELPER

All Surrogate

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on March 02, 2024, 12:43:48 PMIts funny though, isn't it bgmnts, to say that though isn't it

Much as I'd like to fulfil this stereotype of the chauvinist Englishman, my granny Gwen would haunt me from the beyond the grave if I uttered an anti-Welsh joke.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: All Surrogate on March 02, 2024, 12:57:56 PMMuch as I'd like to fulfil this stereotype of the chauvinist Englishman, my granny Gwen would haunt me from the beyond the grave if I uttered an anti-Welsh joke.

Don't stress, someone will take care of it no doubt

Underturd

thenoise

Glebe

Kankurette

I don't find speaking Welsh that hard, but then I speak German and German is phlegmy as fuck. So is Hebrew. Lots of ch sounds.

Have some corgis.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: Kankurette on March 02, 2024, 10:38:32 PMI don't find speaking Welsh that hard, but then I speak German and German is phlegmy as fuck. So is Hebrew. Lots of ch sounds.

Have some corgis.

Yeah been learning Welsh a bit over the last year and the pronunciation's actually been one of the easier things. Once you've figured out the ll and ch sounds you can basically figure out how a word is going to sound just by looking at it which isn't something you can say about anyone learning English for the first time.
I like harsh consonant sounds too, probably why I got on with German better than French at school despite all the confusing genders and that.

Kankurette

My French makes me sound like I'm gargling balls.

Pink Gregory

all the "sch" sounds come from the roof of the mouth though.  Wouldn't say the Welsh 'll' comes from the throat either.  Will give you 'ch' as in '-goch'.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on March 02, 2024, 11:21:23 PMI like harsh consonant sounds too, probably why I got on with German better than French at school despite all the confusing genders and that.

I say steady on, steady on I say.

Underturd

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on March 02, 2024, 11:21:23 PMall the confusing genders and that.

The only one I know for sure in Welsh is that cars are female, because Mair and Gwyn said so.

canadagoose

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on March 02, 2024, 12:57:25 PMLearned recently there's an English town called BELPER

kept that under their hat for years didn't they?

BELPER
Only half an hour from Clowne. What are they smoking down there?

Underturd

ros vulgaris

Beer is cwrw. I love that.