Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:42:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Satan On The Tube

Started by Small Man Big Horse, March 03, 2024, 07:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

I saw this advert earlier:

And I was wondering, is that accurate? Is Satan unfairly portrayed? Would he really rate it zero stars give how much misery and cruelty the bible has caused? The more I think about it I reckon he'd at least give it two stars, but then again I've only seen the movie version so could be very, very wrong about this.

JesusAndYourBush

Satan punishes bad people, right?
So doesn't that mean he's a good guy?

Sebastian Cobb

Don't want to be all Richard Dawkins about this but maybe advertising on the tube should be secular.

Oh actually that's not like Dawkins at all, 'cos he put hectoring adverts on buses.

Mr Trumpet

I went out with someone who told me she was formerly a fairly hardcore Christian, but it was finally sitting down to read the Bible that changed her mind. She went a bit too far the other way IMO, didn't appreciate me telling her that.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Just checked some of Satan's other reviews and he's given Ricky Gervais' After Life five stars ("loved this from start to finish, it'll make you laugh out loud, and it'll make you cry too. He's a genius and I'm not surprised the woke pronouns pc police don't like it"), so maybe we should take this with a pinch of salt and the bible is a great bit of holiday reading

madhair60

i think the bible and christianity is a bunch of made up hooey - jus sayin!

popcorn

You can't give something zero stars it has to be 1 to 5

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on March 03, 2024, 07:29:00 PMSatan punishes bad people, right?

That's a good point, and in various comics / films / tv shows if he quits running Hell it rarely ends well.

Quote from: popcorn on March 03, 2024, 07:39:51 PMYou can't give something zero stars it has to be 1 to 5

That's not what my review of Rosie Holt says.

madhair60

Quote from: popcorn on March 03, 2024, 07:39:51 PMYou can't give something zero stars it has to be 1 to 5

satan has magic powers. he can even do minus stars

BlodwynPig

5 bags of popcorn.

badaids

That add breaks all GDPR rules, if I were Satan and they hadn't asked permissison to use my post, I'd sue.

imitationleather

Satan is aware it is only cos of Christians he's still relevant.

Say what you like about Satan, but he knows which side his bread is buttered on.

Buelligan

I hear he was on the tannoy leading passengers in Free Palestine chants and all. 

Terence Bowl

I think I remember that, didn't he do a duet with Tom Jones then storm out of the interview when Paula Yates called him a silly red twat?

thenoise

The hands of the tormented reaching up from the firey pit is a nice touch.

Russ L

Going to and fro on the Bakerloo line, and riding up and down on it.

madhair60

Aaron500

Satan wouldn't need to read the bible, he's a recurring character in the whole thing so he would know all about what happened. And he's omnimalevolent so he'd know about shit that happened even if he wasn't recorded as being there.

Unless he thinks he's been misrepresented or libelled, in which case consulting his lawyers would be a better course of action than leaving malicious reviews on the internet.

flotemysost

Guess he probably wasn't travelling to ANGEL, PARSONS Green, GOSPEL Oak or NUNhead eh??

I reckon if Satan was leaving online reviews they'd be even more low-effort and unhelpful than this - five stars but then "hasn't arrived yet" or "bought for wife"

Buelligan

Quote from: madhair60 on March 03, 2024, 08:15:37 PM

Terrible FUCKING Language staff?  Working from home and everything, deserve all they get, the cunts.

It's possible that Satan's bad review was just for the Bible App rather than the Bible itself. He might just have an out-of-date smartphone that doesn't support the app's full functionality.

Buelligan

He invariably lies too.  Problematic, that, when giving reviews. I'm guessing he fucking loves the Bible and its more accessible version, the Bible App.

Norton Canes

Never trust pitchfork reviews.

Underturd

Do you reckon he ever reviews all the best tunes he's supposed to have?

Butchers Blind

Satan is entitled to his opinions.

Buelligan

He's behind you, when it's crowded, cutting your hair in a hitler-style.

Underturd

Quote from: Butchers Blind on March 03, 2024, 08:57:53 PMSatan is entitled to his opinions.

Is he, though? What if he keeps being wrong on the Internet?

touchingcloth

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on March 03, 2024, 07:29:00 PMSatan punishes bad people, right?

I expect Heaven's relationship with Hell is complicated due to things like this. It's a lot like how the British government treats Kenya.

lauraxsynthesis

Thing is, app quality is more about functionality than content so I reckon Bible App have shot themselves in the foot here.

touchingcloth

He scarce had ceas't when the superiour Fiend
Was moving toward the shoar; his ponderous balls
Ethereal temper, massy, large and round,