Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:33:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Satan On The Tube

Started by Small Man Big Horse, March 03, 2024, 07:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badaids

At last the programme has replaced Jools Holland with someone less evil and unlikeable.  And the music will improve too.

Zero Gravitas

Life.Church the ultimate producer of "Bible App" is just another creeping tendril of homophobic evangelicalism sullying the spiritual lives of an island population otherwise pretty happy to ignore the whole faith thing, so perhaps Satan would like it actually?

Blue Jam

All Surrogate

Quote from: touchingcloth on March 03, 2024, 09:13:12 PMHe scarce had ceas't when the superiour Fiend
Was moving toward the shoar; his ponderous balls
Ethereal temper, massy, large and round,

You scallywag!

I think Satan would give the full five stars to Paradise Lost - he gets the best lines.

idunnosomename

shouldn't have afflicted Job with sore boils eh, Satan? #cancelled

Although God doesn't come out of the episode looking great either

touchingcloth

Quote from: All Surrogate on March 03, 2024, 09:56:20 PMYou scallywag!

I think Satan would give the full five stars to Paradise Lost - he gets the best lines.

And William Blake illustrations. Adam looks like a flipping ponce in comparison.

shiftwork2

A rare mention of Satan's name forces me do a quick tot up and I think I'm just about avoiding Hell should any of this caper actually be true.  Plenty of fillets hedge their bets by going to Church their entire lives and the outcome is the same.

Goldentony

'bonsoir my breetish chums!' - satan

dontpaintyourteeth

i know it's serious. I'll fetch the satan from the van

Cold Meat Platter

This Satan guy sounds like a real jerk.

Captain Z

Could have sworn Satan died years ago?

All Surrogate

Quote from: touchingcloth on March 03, 2024, 10:08:19 PMAnd William Blake illustrations. Adam looks like a flipping ponce in comparison.

I struggle with Blake's pictures - the way he draws eyes just makes everyone look like they've got overactive thyroids.

FeederFan500

You'd think Satan would be just a bit more grateful for all the publicity, rather than having to rely on the occasional feature in the Tour De France highlights on ITV4.

Underturd

Why would he be grateful? The greatest trick he ever pulled was persuading the world he didn't exist.

touchingcloth

Quote from: All Surrogate on March 03, 2024, 11:19:08 PMI struggle with Blake's pictures - the way he draws eyes just makes everyone look like they've got overactive thyroids.

I'm just saying he gets better drawings than Adam.

idunnosomename

William Blake and his vision of Satan's tremendously toned arse

funnily enough this watercolour, of Revelation 12:1-4 (and partly pinched from a composition by Henry Fuseli he engraved in 1791) was part of a planned series of Biblical illustrations commissioned by Mr B.'s most generous patron:

Thomas Butts.

All Surrogate

Quote from: touchingcloth on March 03, 2024, 11:31:29 PMI'm just saying he gets better drawings than Adam.

I'm not disagreeing, just adding a bit of general reflection on the works as a whole. Blake's pics (and not just those for Paradise Lost) are certainly striking, and show great creativity, something I couldn't do, but there's something about them that I just ... don't like. I managed to slightly upset a friend (who's a Blake fan) by saying as much during a visit to an exhibition of his works. I've no problem with people liking his work, and it was certainly worthwhile going to the exhibition, but it just doesn't tickle my fancy.

Correction - I do like The Ancient of Days.

touchingcloth

Quote from: All Surrogate on March 03, 2024, 11:40:57 PMI'm not disagreeing, just adding a bit of general reflection on the works as a whole.

Well then we're perfectly in agreement. They look a bit AI-like. Maybe he used Satan Diffusion.

Butchers Blind

Satan gets a bad reputation. It can't be easy running hell, bit like managing a prison but for eternity. Give the guy a break.

idunnosomename

Satan!

Satan on the tube!

Kankurette

'Revelation had some corkers though.'

anton dick

Come, let's mix where Rockefellers
Walk with sticks or umbrellas in their pube
Satan on the tube

kalowski

If you're red, and you don't know where to go to
Why don't you go inside a metal cube?
Satan on the Tube
Different types who wear a day coat
Pitchfork with stripes and cutaway coat full of lube
Satan on the Tube

jobotic

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 04, 2024, 12:25:27 AMSatan!

Satan on the tube!

Look down, there's Satan Town
And there's the river Tube

Buelligan

Whatevs.

Please... Don't put your hooves on the seats.

Senior Baiano

She's got electric boots
And mohair suits
You know I read it in a magazine, oh
Su-su-su-Satan on the Tube

Senior Baiano

"And by the way, if you see your Mom this weekend, be sure and tell her..."

Buelligan

Oh, we have to listen to this now -

touchingcloth

TfLzebub.

Is what Lee Anderson calls Sadiq Khan.

thenoise

Satan strongly disapproves of smart phones - how is he supposed to make work when their hands are fully occupied at all times?