Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:31:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is there anyone left on the internet who's never had a death threat?

Started by Icehaven, March 08, 2024, 12:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 08, 2024, 01:01:05 PMSee there is I think there is often a conflation between death threat and death wish. "I am going to find you and kill you" is not the same as "i hope you die you cunt".

Regardless

Fuckin hell

I'm guessing it was more of a death offer.  Someone who's collected all 915 humane killers from the Shooting up England and Wales thread, I'm guessing.  And why not, if it gets you out of doors for a bit?

Butchers Blind

imitationleather

Underturd

thenoise

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 08, 2024, 01:01:05 PM

Nearly all double tape sets, then one single tape in there throws the whole thing off. Was it EP mode or whatever the fuck it was called?

Fambo Number Mive

I wonder if he's seen the animated Titanic film with the talking animals.

imitationleather

Quote from: thenoise on March 08, 2024, 06:53:46 PMNearly all double tape sets, then one single tape in there throws the whole thing off.

Fucking amateur hour

thenoise

Incidentally, I've never had a death threat. I've had a couple of death wishes, including a few in realy life, one guy tell me he was going to break my legs, and other that he was going to shove his size 11 shoe right up my arse. Serves me right for getting into tedious 'debates' on political fora circa 2003.

Quote from: king_tubby on March 08, 2024, 03:06:40 PMI was going mention this. Labour MP (hopefully for not much longer) Thangam Debonnaire.

Bristol West is about the safest labour seat left, unless you think she's gonna resign.

Underturd

Quote from: thenoise on March 08, 2024, 06:53:46 PMNearly all double tape sets, then one single tape in there throws the whole thing off. Was it EP mode or whatever the fuck it was called?

That's the one where the Swedish guy punches out Jack and keeps the tickets so it ends with Rose jumping off the back of the ship and the old lady version of her was a ghost all along.

Kankurette

I've had a few death wishes. Like the guy who told me to take a shower, and he wasn't talking about a liquid one. More the gaseous kind.

elliszeroed

QuoteThe book was about as fun to read as your mother's obituary but not as nicely written.

Great quote, going to use that at work on Monday when someone from the corner office pokes their head round and asks "have you by any chance been able to read my email?"

Bernice

I received a very direct death threat - of the I have goons, they are combng to your house flavour - on the imdb forums when I was 13. We'd disagreed on the subject of whether or not the logic of Back to the Future could be contained within one coherent theory of time travel (it can't, that's fine). Naturally, I immediately wrote to my representatives and the 2006 terrorism act was born.

JeffWinston84 was last seen by his family on 14 April 2006. His body has never been recovered.

Buelligan

Quote from: thenoise on March 08, 2024, 06:58:35 PMBristol West is about the safest labour seat left, unless you think she's gonna resign.

'cept they're redrawing the boundaries for the next election and polling looks pretty bad for Corbyn Thangam Debbonaire.  She richly deserves to lose that seat and I'm looking forward to seeing that happen soon.

Current wards/councillors in Bristol Central (the new Bristol West)

https://bright-green.org/2024/02/19/mrp-poll-suggests-greens-on-track-to-win-bristol-central-at-general-election/

Rev+

I was 'on a list' at one point apparently, and in danger of death from a sad neo-Nazi who I last saw trying to haggle over the price of a pint of milk in Sainsbury's.  He was a big fan of the film Romper Stomper, 'but you've got to switch it off before the end'.

Senior Baiano

Quote from: Buelligan on March 08, 2024, 08:02:31 PM'cept they're redrawing the boundaries for the next election and polling looks pretty bad for Corbyn Thangam Debbonaire.  She richly deserves to lose that seat and I'm looking forward to seeing that happen soon.

https://bright-green.org/2024/02/19/mrp-poll-suggests-greens-on-track-to-win-bristol-central-at-general-election/

You're forgetting that nothing good can ever happen

Jerrykeshton

I never had a death threat, but I did have a letter in the local paper basically calling me a knob.

To be fair...

Wish I'd kept the cutting

Jerrykeshton

It looks like a visualisation of the Aristocrats featuring owls.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Jerrykeshton on March 08, 2024, 11:07:12 PMI never had a death threat, but I did have a letter in the local paper basically calling me a knob.

To be fair...

Wish I'd kept the cutting

This it?

Buelligan

Quote from: Jerrykeshton on March 08, 2024, 11:16:47 PM

It looks like a visualisation of the Aristocrats featuring owls.

Glebe

touchingcloth

Underturd

popcorn

I've sent dozens of death threats, but never got a single death threat back :(

FredNurke

You have also never kicked a football, and all your kites are eaten by trees.

dissolute ocelot

I never read what anyone says to me on the internet. Could be hundreds of death threats every day, don't know, don't care.