Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:53:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Man Machine

Started by Arbiter, March 09, 2024, 07:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arbiter

What symbiotic devices do you have in your house?

Foot Massager

Every night, I use my foot massager machine for twenty minutes and watch a relaxing video on YouTube with my headphones on before I go to bed and sleep. What a euphoria.

Toaster

Every breakfast, I heat up malty seeded bread until it is crisp and browned and I apply a slice of corned beef with mustard before my favourite prune yoghurt. What a start.

Hand Massager

When I remember, I slide my hand into my hand massager machine which compresses my hand repeatedly for twenty minutes to stimulate blood flow and guarantee relaxation of the hand after a long day working hard and also playing computer. What a hand.

Shoe Horn

Is there a rarer pleasure than delivering your toes, heel and main foot into your lace-up shoes with a mechanical horn to ease the transition? If so, please share. No more agony. No more worries.

The ecstasy of engineering. Please share similar.

Dex Sawash

Don't want to say what it is/does but it smells terrible

Video Game Fan 2000

glasses

exercise bike

propelled injectors because im too much of a big girls blouse for syringes

self sharpening mechanical pencil

guitar tuner

shaver

Dex Sawash

(bin with motorized lid)

Arbiter

Nose and Ear Hair Trimmer

When I look good, I feel good and nothing feels so good as crimping wiry hairs from in and around my ears down to the stump. That a person invented this for our pleasure, wow, that's really something.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Quote from: Dex Sawash on March 09, 2024, 07:12:45 PMDon't want to say what it is/does but it smells terrible
Since when was a dog with no nose some kind of machine?

Sebastian Cobb

Bodum coffee grinder
Heated throw
Arizer Extreme Q vaporiser

Doesn't get used daily but my instant pot gets a good bit of use. Mostly for quick biryani's.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Arbiter on March 09, 2024, 07:10:50 PMHand Massager

When I remember, I slide my hand into my hand massager machine which compresses my hand repeatedly for twenty minutes to stimulate blood flow and guarantee relaxation of the hand after a long day working hard and also playing computer. What a hand.

yeah, "hand" "massager", riiiiight

JesusAndYourBush

None of the things in this thread are symbiotic.

Arbiter

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on March 09, 2024, 08:58:02 PMNone of the things in this thread are symbiotic.

Whatever pleasure I get from these devices is only matched by the reciprocal joy I return to them.

Blumf

Not in the house, but whenever I take my car out, I spank it, and it loves it.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Arbiter on March 09, 2024, 07:10:50 PMI slide my hand into my hand massager machine which compresses my hand repeatedly for twenty minutes

Sounds debatably relaxing.

Arbiter

Sonic Toothbrush

If you never treated oneself to a true deep clean of the teeth, gums, tongue and throat with a sonic toothbrush, you've simply never tasted clean. The last thing I want is to turn up for employment and my boss to see what I have not finished eating between my teeth. This is the greatest start to the day and the main reason I fear prison. You can't form a parasocial relationship with a regular toothbrush.

madhair60

madhair60

sorry I thought that was the search bar.

Blumf

Has Asa Akira started doing long form vids talking about culture from a philosophical view point?

Gurke and Hare

Okay, I'll be the one to be honest: a Hot Octopuss Pulse

jobotic

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on March 10, 2024, 08:26:50 PMOkay, I'll be the one to be honest: a Hot Octopuss Pulse

"Penis owners".

JK Rowling is throwing things around the castle, screaming with rage.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on March 10, 2024, 08:26:50 PMOkay, I'll be the one to be honest: a Hot Octopuss Pulse
I'll bet at least one person's hollowed out a giant teddy bear and stuck that up it.

Dex Sawash

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Electric Toothbrush

I turn it on and put it up my arse.

flotemysost

I can't not see the logo on that as a Royal Warrant.

(Always used to amuse me when they crop up on labels for everyday, pedestrian-seeming products like, say, tins of beans - just because the thought of some Palace lackey going "your fry-up, Ma'am" and solemnly proffering a greasy breakfast on a silver service platter is mildly funny to me - but this one... nah let's not think about it, eh)

Quote from: Arbiter on March 10, 2024, 06:35:40 AMSonic Toothbrush

If you never treated oneself to a true deep clean of the teeth, gums, tongue and throat with a sonic toothbrush, you've simply never tasted clean. The last thing I want is to turn up for employment and my boss to see what I have not finished eating between my teeth. This is the greatest start to the day and the main reason I fear prison. You can't form a parasocial relationship with a regular toothbrush.

This sounds great. Not quite so high-tech, but I'm currently in the grip of a hopeless dependence on the double-stranded mini flosser thingy - it just hits different, as they say. A new level of interdental rigour. Feels wrong not to have them within easy reach now.

I realise all that (recycled/recyclable, at least) single-use plastic isn't particularly great, but I'm going by the logic that when the eventual heat death of the Earth is nigh we will most likely need functioning teeth in order to fight over whatever's left, so I think it's fine.

thenoise

Quote from: Blumf on March 10, 2024, 08:07:38 PMHas Asa Akira started doing long form vids talking about culture from a philosophical view point?

Bit of a niche fetish but I'm in no place to judge.