Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:15:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Crap seasonal attractions

Started by Sebastian Cobb, July 29, 2021, 12:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Can anyone beat 100 tonnes of sand in a failing mall car park?

Not really sure why the rides appear to be more expensive with the membership card. And the double exclamation marks after covid safe hardly fill me with confidence.

shiftwork2

Imagine the dregs families going to this, doing prole shits in the sand.

Sebastian Cobb

It has a licenced bar so if we're lucky we might see a good dad brawl.

shiftwork2

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

100 tonnes of sand... and it has a sand pit!

idunnosomename

Presumably they charge for whats left of the car park

steve98

Featuring a THRILL-PACKED ambergris* hunt, with potentially UNLIMITED REWARDS, for the LUCKY finders!

*Whale puke.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A lot of Leeds 'Light Night' in November looks very cheaply made and unimpressive, but then some of the stuff really is quite good. I suppose the lingering disappointment is how quickly the quality of the attractions deteriorate outside the main 6 or 7.

Nuremberg does a similar one, 'Blau Nacht' which is marginally more impressive. By total coincidence I have been twice when that event has been held and the second time there was a bit less energy and a bit more 'right, this again...' to the atmosphere.

Butchers Blind

Guaranteed sand will be soaked in urine within a few days.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 29, 2021, 12:53:16 PM
Presumably they charge for whats left of the car park

Dunno about now but MH used to be free and have lots of parking. I thought most outer-city malls did this to attract people over city/shopping centres.

As discussed before it did used to have a monorail to take people from the far car park(s) to the centre which they charged for and nobody used. It eventually got sold to a mall in Australia.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 29, 2021, 01:01:33 PM
Nuremberg does a similar one
As a motorsport professional, I was very disappointed by their famous rally.

steve98

Looks lie we might have a winner! Local Merry Hill lass Greta, dwarfed by what she believes may be a 15 pond lump of ambergris, worth many thousands.

Paddling pool being stress-tested by top engineers as we speak.

Ferris

I'd be all over this, no question. Pissed up in the car park but there's sand there so it's alright.

shiftwork2

That's because you're from the West Midlands and this is the most sophisticated thing you've ever seen.

touchingcloth

Ferris

Quote from: shiftwork2 on July 29, 2021, 01:39:10 PM
That's because you're from the West Midlands and this is the most sophisticated thing you've ever seen.

Mate there's sand and some rides for a quid a go, what else do you need?

Honestly.

Gurke and Hare

Almost certainly doughnuts too.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 29, 2021, 01:01:33 PM
A lot of Leeds 'Light Night' in November looks very cheaply made and unimpressive, but then some of the stuff really is quite good. I suppose the lingering disappointment is how quickly the quality of the attractions deteriorate outside the main 6 or 7.

Nuremberg does a similar one, 'Blau Nacht' which is marginally more impressive. By total coincidence I have been twice when that event has been held and the second time there was a bit less energy and a bit more 'right, this again...' to the atmosphere.

Eindhoven, the self-styled home of the light bulb has a similar light art festival every November. It was really good when I went, with the architecture cleverly incorporated in the works - this, for example:

What appears to be the interior of the building is actually projected onto the building exterior. There are lots of similar things, it was a great show.

Utrecht has a similar thing in December, but when I went to that the exhibits were slightly less impressive:

Still visit Utrecht, it's a charming little city, but go in summer really.

Ferris

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on July 29, 2021, 02:17:08 PM
Almost certainly doughnuts too.

Hadn't even thought of that. Nice one!

How do you reckon they get all the sand away in September? Lads with shovels and a skip or what?

imitationleather

They used to turn a big part of my street on Newcastle's Quayside into a sandpit with deckchairs and the like every summer. I could never get past the feeling that it must have been absolutely packed full of dog shit.

This year they've gone for the far more sensible option of astroturf.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 29, 2021, 02:35:12 PM
Hadn't even thought of that. Nice one!

How do you reckon they get all the sand away in September? Lads with shovels and a skip or what?

Some property developer will have it away for a nearby build.

steve98

There's a Greggs and a Krispy Kreme (in the shopping centre,) so that's a plus... Strange there's no reviews on-line, and just a few official pics - why are there no "bitterly disappointed"/"Furious" visitors?

Sebastian Cobb

No way is that 100 tonnes worth of sand, where's the rest of it?

Jerzy Bondov

God I'm so fucking miserable. If the thought of some sand being dumped somewhere doesn't cheer me up then I don't know what will

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 29, 2021, 02:43:17 PM

In that bloke's shoes.

Quote from: steve98 on July 29, 2021, 02:42:19 PM
There's a Greggs and a Krispy Kreme (in the shopping centre,) so that's a plus... Strange there's no reviews on-line, and just a few official pics - why are there no "bitterly disappointed"/"Furious" visitors?

What's to get bitterly disappointed about? It's free and the advert isn't making ridiculous claims. It's just some sand and a funfair.

If you want fury, you need to start charging £30 a head and promising Disneyland.

gilbertharding

Every year (well - in the before times), they had a beach/funfair/type thing on London's happening with-it Southbank - with beach huts and food trucks and everything. Never saw the harm in it.

At xmas, too - they have a similar winter themed thing. Good place to go after you've had your office xmas do. Nice.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: gilbertharding on July 29, 2021, 03:00:46 PM
Every year (well - in the before times), they had a beach/funfair/type thing on London's happening with-it Southbank - with beach huts and food trucks and everything. Never saw the harm in it.

At xmas, too - they have a similar winter themed thing. Good place to go after you've had your office xmas do. Nice.

1988: Let's monetise the car park by having a passenger monorail to take people to the mall.

2021: Let's monetise the car park by dumping some sand in it.

steve98

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on July 29, 2021, 02:44:11 PM
God I'm so fucking miserable. If the thought of some sand being dumped somewhere doesn't cheer me up then I don't know what will

A visit to Santa's Sandy Summer Grotto?

Captain Z

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 29, 2021, 02:43:17 PM

It is 100 tonnes, it's just that the pit is 5m deep.