Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:15:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Crap seasonal attractions

Started by Sebastian Cobb, July 29, 2021, 12:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Captain Z on July 29, 2021, 03:12:17 PM
It is 100 tonnes, it's just that the pit is 5m deep.

So even fairly lanky children can be buried up to the neck?

jamiefairlie

This is just wrong. Sand is the worst thing about the seaside, it's something you put up with for the pleasure of being by the sea, not the actual attraction. Someone has not understood this.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: jamiefairlie on July 29, 2021, 03:17:26 PM
This is just wrong. Sand is the worst thing about the seaside, it's something you put up with for the pleasure of being by the sea, not the actual attraction. Someone has not understood this.

What's your stance on rock beaches and do you prefer them to sand ones?

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 29, 2021, 03:23:51 PM
What's your stance on rock beaches and do you prefer them to sand ones?

Yes, but you still get sneaky bits of sand even there.

Sebastian Cobb

Bit crap for chucking a towel down and lying on tho ain't they?

I'll take a pebble beach any time. It's like a free hot stone massage every time.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 29, 2021, 03:25:32 PM
Bit crap for chucking a towel down and lying on tho ain't they?

Sand is worse though, you're only one gust of wind away from becoming human emery board

Ferris

Quote from: jamiefairlie on July 29, 2021, 04:00:51 PM
Sand is worse though, you're only one gust of wind away from becoming human emery board

If only there was a large body of water near to the sand that would allow you to rinse it off.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 29, 2021, 04:20:55 PM
If only there was a large body of water near to the sand that would allow you to rinse it off.

Not falling for that again.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 29, 2021, 04:22:06 PM
Not falling for that again.

In fairness your options for large bodies of water near Merry Hill are limited.

Sebastian Cobb

I mean that if you go to the sea to wash sand off you invariably end up with more, now wet sand, stuck to you on the walk back.

Ferris

Don't bring flip flops, live with the consequences. No sympathy.

Sebastian Cobb

The thing that flips sand all up your legs as you walk back to your towel?

Ferris

Sounds like you're all walking on the beach wrong.

The Mollusk

Quote from: imitationleather on July 29, 2021, 02:36:44 PM
They used to turn a big part of my street on Newcastle's Quayside into a sandpit with deckchairs and the like every summer. I could never get past the feeling that it must have been absolutely packed full of dog shit.

This year they've gone for the far more sensible option of astroturf.

Sensible? Have you tried scrubbing shit out of astroturf? Think again my friend.

The Mollusk

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 29, 2021, 04:26:44 PM

Plenty of large bodies though am I right!!!

Ferris

The Mollusk

That wasn't a weightist joke by the way. It was a comment on how many muscular hulks there are at the Merry Hill Grain Heap kicking grain into the faces of the weak and young.

imitationleather

Yeah, yeah. We all know exactly what you meant, mate.

The Mollusk

Sounds like someone's a little bitter. Enjoying scrubbing cat tods out of your astroturf garden because the Quayside honky told you it was a good idea!

imitationleather

Quote from: The Mollusk on July 29, 2021, 05:25:07 PM
Sounds like someone's a little bitter. Enjoying scrubbing cat tods out of your astroturf garden because the Quayside honky told you it was a good idea!

Actually it's not just an astroturf garden. This year infamously horrible company of wankers Brewdog have set up an outdoor bar on it too.

Now who's laughing?

The Mollusk

That is fair enough aye, have a good time

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 29, 2021, 04:26:44 PM

It's right by the cut, ay it?

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 29, 2021, 05:57:27 PM
I realise this isn't in the midlands but fucking hell
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/firefighters-issue-stark-warning-after-21160893

Isn't Yorkshire Live the paper that consistently publishes stories about giant oven chips?

I think we should be taking all these stories with a pinch of salt.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 29, 2021, 05:57:27 PM
I realise this isn't in the midlands but fucking hell
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/firefighters-issue-stark-warning-after-21160893

Deep water, boat traffic, discarded shopping trolleys and Weil's disease. Sounds like an ideal place for kiddies to have a bit of fun.

BlodwynPig

Displaced sand is my idea of hell.

I liked the photo of the damp street in night time Utrecht, probably my favourite thing, damp dark quiet streets in Europe.

flotemysost

Anything from October-January channeling generic Bavarian oompa vibes. Nothing against Bavaria itself, or German beers/food etc. - I'm quite a fan - but in the last few years I've seen so many flimsy appropriations of that aesthetic in the UK that get wheeled out around autumn/winter, it just gets a bit depressing.

Especially Winter Wonderland (which is a whole serving of stone cold deso in itself), where half the food vendors have clearly come off the back of the summer festival circuit but need to fit a quota of twee olde worlde bollocks, hence the occasional hastily-added Gothic signage on a Chinese noodle stall.

imitationleather

Best thing about COVID has been the cancellation of the Newcastle shite Christmas market that makes walking through the city centre a nightmare.

Actually, that one thing has pretty much made all of this worth it.