Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:52:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hurricane Katia - your stories

Started by BlodwynPig, September 10, 2011, 02:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

End of days or light drizzle with some mild gusts?

The news is lathering the masses into a frenzy and I want to hear your stories as the storm hits - blow by blow accounts of devastation and havoc across the UK.

Me? I will be tying nettles around my limbs, staking myself to the lawn and awaiting the howling gale that will scour my sins away. All this on 9/11 too. Joy of joys.

I will be taking a group of sixty teenagers abseiling and raft-building for the next four days.

DEAD SOON

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Recession, unemployment, riots, Duran Duran releasing new material, and now a hurricane in the UK. This whole 1980s revival goes too far.

WesterlyWinds

According to a credible yet unconfirmed source hurricane Katia is a secret plot by Al Qaeda to bring down the UK government. Quick, everyone panic!

ziggy starbucks

I've got my first motorway commute ever on monday morning, up the M6 to Lancaster. I'm officially bricking it

BlodwynPig

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on September 10, 2011, 03:38:02 PM
I've got my first motorway commute ever on monday morning, up the M6 to Lancaster. I'm officially bricking it

Just imagine you are Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz.

CaledonianGonzo

I've done a stock-take and I've discovered an unopened bottle of damson gin, some Absinthe, some Latvian Black Balsalm and some good-quality Pisco I brought home from Peru, so I reckon I'll be alright until Monday morning or so.

biggytitbo

mook

hurricane what?

if this in anyway hampers the delivery of my new red kitchenaid mixer, i will be forced to... well, i don't really know. i just know for certain that it would make me terribly baity. so if it doesn't turn up on wednesday, and you hear reports of strange shit kicking off in sussex there's a very good chance it might be me throwing a hissy fit.

Blumf

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 10, 2011, 02:45:54 PM
I will be taking a group of sixty teenagers abseiling and raft-building for the next four days.

DEAD SOON

Ginyard

Yellow bricking it?

biggytitbo

There's a stray frozen chip in the freezer, that should see me through to the middle of next week.

BlodwynPig

I might have to open "The Tin"[nb]Collection of old toe nails for emergencies[/nb]

biggytitbo

There's a crumb under the setee if the worst comes to the worst.

NaCl

isn't it rainy and windy all of the time anyway?

Neville Chamberlain

It's just started to rain here!

EDIT: Oh, it's stopped!

BlodwynPig

It's started!! I just saw Raoul Moat's house get washed away in a deluge.

Saucer51

The tree in my back garden is swaying. Oh God, this is serious.

George Oscar Bluth II

I can confirm that droplets of water are falling from the sky.

massive bereavement

I've just been out onto my back garden and could actually see isobars in the sky forming into the shape of death.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Sunny with partial cloud covering in Sheffield, disproving this hurricane nonsense once and for all.

Lyndon

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 11, 2011, 10:11:18 AM
Sunny with partial cloud covering in Sheffield, disproving this hurricane nonsense once and for all.

Yes, very calm up here too. Eerily calm...

BlodwynPig

Yeh, the BBC no longer feature this anywhere on their site, so it ain't going to happen

Blue Jam

I'm getting a train from London to Edinburgh on Tuesday, I hope this is all over by then as it doesn't seem like a good time to be getting a train across most of the entire length of the United Kingdom.

CaledonianGonzo

Having just been out for a jaunt to the newsagents, I can confirm that if anything Edinburgh is currently less windy than usual.

Nevertheless, I have battened down my hatch.

Who says there's going to be a strong wind?

CaledonianGonzo

*Weather Update*

Wind strength has increased from Low to Medium.  No little old ladies blown over as of yet.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I saw an old man sat by a skip. He looked sad.

The end is coming.

ziggy starbucks

I've just done a practise run on the M65 and experienced slight wind buffeting and extreme terror. I think my testicles have shrivelled by 15%