Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:58:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hurricane Katia - your stories

Started by BlodwynPig, September 10, 2011, 02:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Sitting in my ivory tower as chaos reigns across the land, I saw the body of a thin business man flutter past my tinted windows, finished my sandwiched and resumed typing.

I was due to go to an art gallery today, albeit in Birmingham, but my friend canceled owing to the dire weather conditions. I've looked at the Katia across Britain map and come to the conclusion this is just Birmingham acting of its own accord!

CaledonianGonzo

I just experienced the dreaded workplace washbasin double disaster of scalded fingers and splashed shirt.

I don't think I can tie it to back to Hurrican Katia.  At least, not yet anyway.

petula dusty

Was walking Jim back home from school and a gust of wind lifted his book bag up and, if the wind had been a lot stronger and I mean A LOT, it could have been blown out of my hand. I had to have a cup of tea and a sit down when I got back. Very shaken up.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Saw an old lady on a bike earlier on. It was like a scene from E.T.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: petula dusty on September 12, 2011, 04:37:23 PM
Was walking Jim back home from school and a gust of wind lifted his book bag up and, if the wind had been a lot stronger and I mean A LOT, it could have been blown out of my hand. I had to have a cup of tea and a sit down when I got back. Very shaken up.

And just imagine if little Jim's book bag had landed on his soft head :o(((

petula dusty

Aargh!! Mild chafing! Ooh, don't. I can't even think about it.

greencalx

I've sent my wife and child down to Southampton with luggage labels around their necks while I manfully hold the fort in a bar somewhere in Vienna.

biggytitbo

Crikey its getting a bit breezy here!

CaledonianGonzo

Must have been hammering Norn Iron pretty hard over the past half hour or so....

CaledonianGonzo

Katia has literally broken the internet.

Bad girl.

ziggy starbucks

I'm alive, I survived Hurricane Katia. The only damage was some berries that flew off a nearby tree and splattered on my car

Once again, I defy the sordid work of the grim reaper and survive to live yet another awful day of my awful life

ThickAndCreamy

Reporting from the ever nearing darkness of London here.

I braved through today: managing to clean the gutters, replace a washing line and then cutting the grass, all in vein as the wind blew the fragmented glass all over my socks which left the kitchen literally covered in bits of grass by the door.

Buying a new bike pump the packaging nearly flew away when I removed it, and there was a vicious headwind stopping me going any faster than 10mph. I nearly cried, except the sun was out all day and it was the most fun I've had in a long time climbing trees, running across streams and cycling all in a distraught state realising my nan left her window open and may have suffered a heartbreaking draft.

CaledonianGonzo

If you leave your windows open on both sides of your flat/house, Hurrican Katia will blow away any late-summer spiders you've been suffering from.

Unless they're really, really big.

CaledonianGonzo

OK, Katia actually is making the lights flicker and has blown the draft excluder[nb]Yes, I have a draft excluder[nb]A Laura Ashley draft excluder[/nb] - and what of it?[/nb] away from the door.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Just heard through a reliable source that Aronofsky has plans to direct a feature length film based on the past few days.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on September 12, 2011, 09:46:08 PM
OK, Katia actually is making the lights flicker and has blown the draft excluder[nb]Yes, I have a draft excluder[nb]A Laura Ashley draft excluder[/nb] - and what of it?[/nb] away from the door.

A traitor to your nation.

I had a cup of darjeeling on the lawn earlier - a storm in a teacup, I tell ya.

David Simon is currently writing a script about the damage done to Trowse, after the Yare flooded due to the devastating Katia. It will focus on the lives of the villagers and their connection with the nearby dry ski slope.

biggytitbo

CaledonianGonzo

Katia knocked out the signal to the satellite TVs in the gym this morning.  I KNOW!

Who knew that cardio exercise was so boring when you're not trying to run as hard as possible at the screen in order to throttle the people reviewing the papers on Sky News.  Particularly James Whale.