Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:50:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Things that brighten up your day slightly

Started by Mister Cairo, May 25, 2005, 03:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suttonpubcrawl

Quote from: "wheatgod"Finishing your exams

Done that (well, one to go but it'll be easy)

Quotehaving a great night out

Just back from that.

Quotethen going to a picnic in the glorious sunshine the next day

Not going to do that. But I am going to pick the missus up from the airport tomorrow evening. Now that's a day brightener.

Rumpelwilskin

Quote from: "Captain Crunch"
Quote from: "zozman"IWe had a thread similar to this a bit back which I really enjoyed.

Didn't someone mention the knocking a urinal cake down the chute with a stream of piss thing on that?

At a few of the drinking establishments I frequent the urinal "cakes" comprise a block of ice cubes. After tossing back a few pints, it gives me great pleasure to piss on them and watch them melt, probably because it actually feels like I'm getting something accomplished.

In one of the more ritzy places where I do this there's some sign by the urinal, which states that the same ice cubes used in the urinal are not the ones they use in their drinks. It seems everytime I have to go pee at that particular urinal inevitably the guy next to me will utter the usual witticism, "Waste of beer, innit?"

Small pleasures indeed. Life's full of 'em.

TraceyQ

I'm still not better, so nothing is a pleasure. Sob. Wah. Sniffle.

Suttonpubcrawl

When I had a bad case of gut rot a few months back (immediately after that London meet, which I think explains why I was feeling a bit funny at the time!) everything in life was a misery and I couldn't get away from my feeling of illness. I'd watch a programme on TV about going camping or something like that and I'd just be thinking "imagine how awful it would be to be out there doing that if you felt like I do". I think the Pope was ill at the time too (well, he was ill all the time wasn't he?) and I kept thinking "he must feel even worse than me, oh God it must be awful!".

TraceyQ

I keep trying to remind myself that I get a nice, peaceful two week break in the Greek sunshine as of Monday, but the thought of eating abroad again gives me the fear.

This article has cheered me up mightily, just for the wonderful quote at the end.

Suttonpubcrawl

Hoogstraten'sSmilingUlcer

I got my DVD of Team America yesterday from the mega-quick Play.com, and on Tuesday I got The Future and Forever Faithless too, which made a dreary week pass very, very quickly.

Lee

Today I bought the soundtrack to Enter The Dragon on 12". Need I say more?

DUH... tish, tish, tish, tish, tish, tish, tish, DUH, DUH! HOWOOWAW!

EDIT: Also got The Punisher on PS2, Bill Hicks' Shock and Awe, a rare early Beastie Boys compilation, a Smith and Jones live video, and I've ordered Bill Drummond's book about burning £1000000.

Deadman97

Quote from: "Lee"EDIT: Also got The Punisher on PS2
Ooh, I've rinsed that one- your day's about to get a lot better!

Lee

Quote from: "Deadman97"
Quote from: "Lee"EDIT: Also got The Punisher on PS2
Ooh, I've rinsed that one- your day's about to get a lot better!
Trouble is, I've got a whole load of games to get through now - that, Red Dead Revolver, Gran Turismo 4, and Splinter Cell 3. However will I cope?

Cerys

Suttonpubcrawl

Quote from: "Lee"However will I cope?

Get GTA San Andreas? All other games will then appear irrelevant!

Tina

Quote from: "slim"
Quote from: "Tina"fuck knows what it is.
All the other apartments are occupied by men?
nope. :P

terminallyrelaxed

I figured out how to auto-tune this TV, and now I have channel 5! I never thought I'd be pleased to say that.

Lee

Quote from: "Suttonpubcrawl"

Completed it.

Suttonpubcrawl

Quote from: "Lee"
Quote from: "Suttonpubcrawl"

Completed it.

Complete it again? It worked for me, in fact I was almost considering completing it a third time. I suppose I should get some more games though, what's The Punisher like? I don't want to feel that I've got this PS2 and only ever used it for one game (not actually true, but it feels like it and that's what counts).

Gypsum Fantastic

Metal Gear Solid 3 is rather good. Ditto Metal Gear Solid 2, Gran Turismo 4, Hitman 2 and Hitman 3. In fact, anything with a number on the end is probably worth getting.

Papercut

what consistantly shite games you lot get through.

Gypsum Fantastic

Cerys

Robin of Sherwood is being repeated on ITV3!  In half an hour!  Yay!

neveragain

Being able to talk incredibly pleasantly to a girl who you assumed disliked you with a passion, due to a manner of embarrassing circumstances in the past, but you actually find is quite fond of you. Made more lovely by the fact that she's the most wonderful person in the world. It's a shame her sister, who was the single one and the girl you actually fancied doesn't feel the same but still... and why am I saying 'you'? Everyone knows I'm relating personal joy.

Des Nilsen

Having a refreshing haircut. I'm chopping my shoulder-length locks off in a bit. Should be breezy on my scalp. It doesn't 'brighten' up my day, but it freshens it, I think. Until I decide I don't like it. ;)

-

TraceyQ

I am crying as I type this. Goodbye, Des Nilsen's hair.

But in other news, I am feeling much better, thank you.

Cerys

Yaaaay!

Quote from: "Des Nilsen"I'm chopping my shoulder-length locks off in a bit.

Nooooooooooooo!

Des Nilsen

*giggles uncontrollably*

Weeeeell, I might just trim it. :D

-

TraceyQ

Remember what happened to Samson, Lee. Don't cut it off. Please.

Cerys

Listen to Tracey.  She knows about these things.

TraceyQ

Do you think he's enjoying us begging, Ces? Shall we do it some more? I can do a good <fall to my knees, weeping> if it's needed.  I'm pretty good at pouting, too.